What's new

Bal Thackeray, Hindu leader and Shiv Sena founder, dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends who you ask. I have nothing against his love for Marathi culture. I dislike his divisive actions to divide India. He was a known pedophile and was engaged in sex trafficking of minors (unconfirmed). Ask yourself, such a wonderful defender the prick never made issues with the red light district. Though he would send his goons to smash parties, clubs and couples on Valentines day. Speak volumes of the mindset of this animal. The prick only did things for publicity. On the low, he profited from such illegal activities. Fuk him and anyone who supports the POS

@Sergi can u tell as to what were the differences b/w thackeray's at the first place, so much so that Raj formed his own party??

1. Raj Thakare worked with Balasaheb from very young age. Udhave enter policies very late
2. Udhav was made party president against over all opinion.
3. Raj agreed to the decision and kept his supports clam.
4. Raj was the leader of Sena next to Balasaheb. He was pushed to no 3
5. After that Udhav and his supportes started to cut wings of Raj and his supportes.
6. His supportes were rejected by Udhav for elections.
7. Udhav isn't aggressive by nature and preffer to talk more that action
8. Finally Raj had only two choices 1 end political career or 2 for another party
9 I think you know rest of things

Last edited by a moderator:
This Hindutwa tag was something that the media and the press had attached with Balasaheb specially by the paid media of the congress. . . Balasaheb always said openly that regionalism was something that should be respeted since Linguistic provinces formed an important part of the Constitution of India.But as far as communalism is concerned it was never a Hindu-Muslim issue. . . Infact Balasaheb was the person who immediately after opposing an Indo-Pakistan cricket match invited Javed Miandad to his house for dinner.He always maintained a very thin line which obviously appeared a bit confusing to the general people.Just now I was listening to an old interview of his where he said that there are only two castes in the world Rich and Poor!!Balasaheb's point of view was very straightforward,he said that there should be no Hindu Muslim bifurcation in politics and all should remain as citizens of India. . .

I'm not singling out Mumbai by any means my friend. Just on this topic I hope that this is the end for this group of THUGS and I wish the same to all similar groups across India and the world. Humanity needs to stop indulging in this tribalistic nonsense- we are all the same on a basic level. I personally have no problem with any group of Indians going anywhere IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY!! This xenophobia is the mindset of cavemen!

You dont have a problem living in UK..but for mumbaikars living in Mumbai that is a huge problem. The city can hold only as much people. Not an infinite quantity. There are about 35 trains daily coming into Mumbai from the five states of Bihar, UP, Orissa, WestBengal and Jharkhand. And no they are not thugs. It was their presence that actually kept the real thugs at bay in Mumbai.

For example in 84, no Sikh was harmed in Mumbai. Balasaheb ordered the Sainiks to protect the Sikhs wherever they are. You can check that up. Similarly the Sena Govt was the ONLY reason underworld was thrown out of Mumbai. Almost 430 goons were encountered in just 4 years and the underworld decimated. And not to mention the years following Dec 6 92. They also started the Bandra Worli sea link, Mumbai Pune expressway, built over 55 flyover de-congesting Mumbai etc. The Sena is not what you think it is. You have to live in Mumbai to understand what they are to the Mumbaikars.

You dont have a problem living in UK..but for mumbaikars living in Mumbai that is a huge problem. The city can hold only as much people. Not an infinite quantity. There are about 35 trains daily coming into Mumbai from the five states of Bihar, UP, Orissa, WestBengal and Jharkhand. And no they are not thugs. It was their presence that actually kept the real thugs at bay in Mumbai.

For example in 84, no Sikh was harmed in Mumbai. Balasaheb ordered the Sainiks to protect the Sikhs wherever they are. You can check that up. Similarly the Sena Govt was the ONLY reason underworld was thrown out of Mumbai. Almost 430 goons were encountered in just 4 years and the underworld decimated. And not to mention the years following Dec 6 92. They also started the Bandra Worli sea link, Mumbai Pune expressway, built over 55 flyover de-congesting Mumbai etc. The Sena is not what you think it is. You have to live in Mumbai to understand what they are to the Mumbaikars.

Mate, I'm sure they had plenty of success but whatever way you cut it it's xenophobia. Is it fair to attack those seeking a better life for them and their famillies? Poor people are going to flock to where they think they can make money and Mumbai is an attractive destination. It's no coincidence that the five states you have mentioned "Bihar, UP, Orissa, WestBengal and Jharkhand" are also amongst the poorest in India. Are these people not Indian? Are they not allowed to roam freely in their own nation?

for people in Mumbai:

@ndtv: Mumbai police advisory: Avoid Western Express Highway, Bandra-Dadar route.

Mate, I'm sure they had plenty of success but whatever way you cut it it's xenophobia. Is it fair to attack those seeking a better life for them and their famillies? Poor people are going to flock to where they think they can make money and Mumbai is an attractive destination. It's no coincidence that the five states you have mentioned "Bihar, UP, Orissa, WestBengal and Jharkhand" are also amongst the poorest in India. Are these people not Indian? Are they not allowed to roam freely in their own nation?

They are Indian but there is a physical limit to the quantity of people a city can take before breaking apart.And mumbai has laready crossed that. It just cant take any more people. The only solution is in increasing the governance of the above mentioned states. Moreover SS hardly indulges in any physical attacks on people. Actually they have not indulged in it for over over 5 years. Its MNS that sometimes does that. And for all the xenophobia Balasaheb was the one who welcomed the Pandits to MH when they were living as refugees and gave them education and jobs.

What the english media portrays the Thackerays as is so much off from the real Thackerays. As some one who has lived in Mumbai I can say that.

These kind of things shouldnt have taken place in the most attracted city of India .
This just goes to show backwardness and illiteracy in the neutrals point of view .

These kind of things shouldnt have taken place in the most attracted city of India .
This just goes to show backwardness and illiteracy in the neutrals point of view .

There is no neutral point of view here.

You are either a Mumbaikar or you are not.

For Pakistanis :D

Salman Naseer ‏@SalmanNaseer
Half of #Pakistan would have burned if Bal Thackeray was in PPP or MQM .. crazy people i tell u

You can also add South India to the list, when he accused South Indians of stealing local jobs in the 70's. Infact this was one of the reasons for the party's rise in power. However as South India progressed and prospered over time, this issue died a natural death.

However having said that, he also helped other non-marathi community like the kashmiri pandits, sikhs etc. Every politician has plus and minuses. Balasaheb was a good leader to the local population, no doubt. RIP.

They are Indian but there is a physical limit to the quantity of people a city can take before breaking apart.And mumbai has laready crossed that. It just cant take any more people. The only solution is in increasing the governance of the above mentioned states. Moreover SS hardly indulges in any physical attacks on people. Actually they have not indulged in it for over over 5 years. Its MNS that sometimes does that. And for all the xenophobia Balasaheb was the one who welcomed the Pandits to MH when they were living as refugees and gave them education and jobs.

What the english media portrays the Thackerays as is so much off from the real Thackerays. As some one who has lived in Mumbai I can say that.

I understand mate but attacking/demonsing those who just want to make an honest living in a new place because back home is not great is not the way to go. Surely you agree? And the level to which this man is/was idolised is not on either-there shouldn't be tension throughout a megacity ecause of the passing of a single man. It's not even like he was murdered! Just think is this creating a pleasant experince for all the foreingers in Mumbai right now? Is this creating a climate that they will want to return to anytime soon?

RIP Bal Thackrey.
He was not corrupt and dual face like congress people.

RIP Bal Thackrey.
He was not corrupt and dual face like congress people.

Although I am Marathi, I never liked the Shiv sena or as a matter of fact Bal Thakrey for his views regarding the non-maharashtrians coming to make earnings to Mumbai. From Kashmir to Kanyakumari India is one and Indians could and should be able to live in any state/city of India when ever they wanted to. Who ever objects this freedom is hurting the unity of India.

RIP for the Bala Saheb Thakrey as for I know his motive was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom