What's new

Bal Thackeray and the rise of Shiv Sena in Maharashtra

Raj must come back to SS and Uddhav must retire due to health concerns....this fratricide is only helping the congress and ncp....

There is no reason the MNS and Shiv Sena cannot continue to exist as separate political forces.

The MNS does bring a lot of new ideas to the table.

The Shiv Sena can always continue to be the benevolent patriarch.

But let us see. I agree - sentimental considerations are always there.

There is no reason the MNS and Shiv Sena cannot continue to exist as separate political forces.

The MNS does bring a lot of new ideas to the table.

The Shiv Sena can always continue to be the benevolent patriarch.

But let us see. I agree - sentimental considerations are always there.

the only point is it un-necessarily splits the marathi manoos vote which has to choose between manase and SS...

Raj must come back to SS and Uddhav must retire due to health concerns....this fratricide is only helping the congress and ncp....

edl are pussies mate....when they see a bearded guy approaching them they will drop the banners and run away.....not in case of shiv sena...if there is a shiv sena rally, even MA road remains quiet.....there is peace in mumbai between the two communities only because of the presence of a strong MNS and SS.....the people concerned know tat if they were to indulge in any mischief there would be a backlash.....

There are videos on youtube of EDL taking on extremists in UK. Anyway , don't equate MNS with Shiv Sena , MNS is anti-national unlike Shiv Sena.

The problem with India is that its in a fix over its own standing as far as religion is concerned since for proving itself "secular" it has to adopt slogan of secularism but from inside its a reality that its a Hindu majority country. Thus Bal Thackrays are in large numbers. It would have been better if clear stand was adopted. Negating Hinduism is doing more harm to India

India is Hindu+Stan. An ancient, continuing culture and civilization. Other communities also live here.

Secularism does not goes aganist HINDUISM(unlike Muslim faith) . We are comfortable with Secularism. However, being a Hindu Majority country, the culture and traditions will continue to be driven by locally grown practices and not alien practices. For people who want to adopt alien culture, Pakistan was created.

However, Indian Citizens , be of any religion, can occupy any constitutional post and get hired in any organization. Equality and secularism lies here. Period.

There are videos on youtube of EDL taking on extremists in UK. Anyway , don't equate MNS with Shiv Sena , MNS is anti-national unlike Shiv Sena.

bhai lets agree to disagree in this case.....the perception of raj and balasaheb is hugely distorted by the english media and some hindi media...what you see is NOT what they are.....when the whole of maharashtra was dumbstruck at the azad maidan violence and no one had the gumption to protest that, it was raj who had the guts to lead a rally in support of the police and give mc,bc gaaliyan to abu azmi.....

but the difference is he did not go pro-actively killing people for not belonging to his religion....for being kafirs or infidels.....he did not go about bombing trains, buses, religious places etc....a trade the jihadis excel in.....a difference that willingly or unwillingly escaped your eye....what shiv sena did in mumbai in 93 was a reaction which although was pretty brutal, was a reaction nonetheless. Had they not been there thousands of hindus would have been butchered in cold blood in a riot started in dongri and radhabhai chawl.....

and shiv sena extremism was limited to 93 and that to in mumbai...islam ? pretty much yest they rioted in hyderabad....

There were blasts in Mumbai which carried out Hindus. Which enjoyed support from ShivSena too. But not sure if they are involed also.
By the way, For how many muslims Dawood Ibrahim was hero? Do u know how many hindus worked with him? When there was a blast did he make sure that only hindus will die?

Was Sanjay Dutt is one amoung them? There is a person in Karnataka who was also with him. Now he is a great leader in Karnataka.

Now Dawood is villian in Pakistan, Sanjay Dutt is Hero. Another person who is leader of Karnataka all his charges where dropped i think.

Pakistan is Idiot country which hosted him, which will make many Indians to feel every muslim criminal has a life in pakistan.

I always say this to pakistanis and now for an indian. 'JAB AKKAL NAHIN HAI TO POOCHH LETE HAIN'. thats why we r here for. to understand bout the unknown by discussion. not keeping pressumtions. Rite? :)

bhai lets agree to disagree in this case.....the perception of raj and balasaheb is hugely distorted by the english media and some hindi media...what you see is NOT what they are.....when the whole of maharashtra was dumbstruck at the azad maidan violence and no one had the gumption to protest that, it was raj who had the guts to lead a rally in support of the police and give mc,bc gaaliyan to abu azmi.....

Yeah but he turned the whole issue into a North-Indian vs Maharashtrian issue to suit his agenda when in reality it was a religious issue and not a regional/ethnic issue.

Don't get me wrong , I am no U.P wallah or Bihari but i find this guy Raj a bit dangerous for national integration for his constant attack on North Indians.

Bal Thackeray is the best thing that happened to Maharashtra in past few decades.

His father fought against Oppressing BRAHAMINSM with Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar & his legend son Balasaheb fought with illegal muslim dominant forces way back in 1980's-90's.

He brought nationalism before religion & was potraited as anti-muslim for his voice against some muslim traitors & islamic radicals in our country.

He did much for marathi manuus & hindus in Maharashtra in much same way like Jinnah strived for better-ment of muslims before 1947. He has praised many indian muslim who are patriotic & loyal to nation than to external islamic forces.

Hope he gets well soon but if law of nature causes his death due to old age he will still be alive in millions of hearts for his vision of nationalism & fighting back terror like a warrior.

Yeah but he turned the whole issue into a North-Indian vs Maharashtrian issue to suit his agenda when in reality it was a religious issue and not a regional/ethnic issue.

Don't get me wrong , I am no U.P wallah or Bihari but i find this guy Raj a bit dangerous for national integration for his constant attack on North Indians.

i understand, but his anti-north indian posture is vastly exaggerated and actually some of his points make sense which get lost in the chatter.....

I always say this to pakistanis and now for an indian. 'JAB AKKAL NAHIN HAI TO POOCHH LETE HAIN'. thats why we r here for. to understand bout the unknown by discussion. not keeping pressumtions. Rite? :)

The last thing i would want to do is ask questions for knowledge from an internet "warrior" .Angrezi nahin aati to koshish mat kar.

Nick did you watch Raj's interview by Arnob?

Come on bro. He has his points. Listen and then brand him anti-national.

Btw, I am a Bihari now converted into a Maharashtrian..

i understand, but his anti-north indian posture is vastly exaggerated and actually some of his points make sense which get lost in the chatter.....

Yes , he is right in some cases but you see , he basically let the extremist section of muslims of Bombay off the hook when he targeted all North Indians for the violence and that is very dangerous and you know it considering you know what the extremist section of the muslim community in Bombay is like .

There were blasts in Mumbai which carried out Hindus. Which enjoyed support from ShivSena too. But not sure if they are involed also.

woow...blasts in mumbai carried out by hindus....what the fack are you speaking about....dont give me the "the jews-did-no-go-to-office-on-9/11" kinda conspiracy theories.....let me say what happened in mumbai.....the babri structure was taken down and the muslims rioted in mumbai....there was hardly an organized backash from the hindus and it mostly petered out.....but after 6 or seven months the muslims in dongri again started rioting, hindu mathadi workers were killed in the docks and ultimately what set off the hindu reaction was the burning alive of 6 hindus by locking them inside a hut in radhabhai chawl....that was when the shiv sena came into the picture and the rest is history...seriously why do you people start rioting knowing fully well that you are a minority and that there is bound to be a backlash...some kind of weird death wish ???

By the way, For how many muslims Dawood Ibrahim was hero? Do u know how many hindus worked with him? When there was a blast did he make sure that only hindus will die?

WHy dont you ask the muslims in kurla, nagpada etc about their dearie dear dawood bhai.....why ask the mechanics, scrap iron dealers who are probably illiterate...ask the educated ones there and they would start singing paeans of about dawood bhai......looks like you know **** about mumbai.......

Back
Top Bottom