What's new

Bal Thackeray and the rise of Shiv Sena in Maharashtra

No Your schools are nt enough.
About other points same is true for hinduism also.
As long as other religion originated from Hinduism, As long as other religions accept your gods or idols you ill not have problems. Otherwise you too have problems with every community.

well the person you are speaking to is a parsi..they dont accept Hindu gods...so can you ttell me what problem hindus have with parsis...

Revenge of Delhi was taken many times over in Punjab during 80's.

read his post to understand the context..it was the Sena which saved sikhs from congress mobs in maharashtra...the hindu right wing had always been supportive of the sikhs....but then you could not restrain yourself from an unwarranted cheap shot....and i could answer that also, by explaining how the militancy was brutally crushed in punjab but that would hijack the thread and I am much better than that.....

Yes, u and me need to know that in educational institutions religion have no place, either for scarf, or for a hindu developing hair and beard.
many muslims girls study in my coll, and they are good. I have seen only one wear headscarf, though not now.
What we need to underscore is education for all. I have some of my best mates as muslims , and some openly agree that parents are afraid that their girls might love someone and run away , and reason for love marriage. The same muslim friends of mine fight with their relations to send their girls for higher education.
I fought with my relative to send my sister to higher education, after they planned a marriage for her. She is now studying.
Its we people who have to bring some real change. Lip service doesnt help.
Hindus or muslims, doesnt matter, hell religion doesnt matter, but be good do good, and helping others, and education is one that matters.

Dude, Its not true. You can see most of the girls comes to school with Hindu traditional dress + Bindi, married one with mangal soothra + ring in her foot. Sikhs will come with turban. You ask sikhs to remove turban and come to school. I think they wont come. Also these wont hurt any one else in the school. Scarf also same. Following religion in school if it doesnt hurt others should be allowed, there is nothing wrong in allowing it.
Country like India where people observe religion more strongly that other countries, this should not be issue. Also Indian constitution allowes it.

In India we have schools run by christians or churchus, schools run by temple. Inside schools we will have photoes of Gods.
Out side church schools we will find cross and jesus. If these are allowed why kids cant come with scarf or turban?

Also many christian schools where nuns are teachers wear their version of scarf and come to teach.

Yes, u and me need to know that in educational institutions religion have no place, either for scarf, or for a hindu developing hair and beard.
many muslims girls study in my coll, and they are good. I have seen only one wear headscarf, though not now.
What we need to underscore is education for all. I have some of my best mates as muslims , and some openly agree that parents are afraid that their girls might love someone and run away , and reason for love marriage. The same muslim friends of mine fight with their relations to send their girls for higher education.
I fought with my relative to send my sister to higher education, after they planned a marriage for her. She is now studying.
Its we people who have to bring some real change. Lip service doesnt help.
Hindus or muslims, doesnt matter, hell religion doesnt matter, but be good do good, and helping others, and education is one that matters.

Dude, Its not true. You can see most of the girls comes to school with Hindu traditional dress + Bindi, married one with mangal soothra + ring in her foot. Sikhs will come with turban. You ask sikhs to remove turban and come to school. I think they wont come. Also these wont hurt any one else in the school. Scarf also same. Following religion in school if it doesnt hurt others should be allowed, there is nothing wrong in allowing it.
Country like India where people observe religion more strongly that other countries, this should not be issue. Also Indian constitution allowes it.

In India we have schools run by christians or churchus, schools run by temple. Inside schools we will have photoes of Gods.
Out side church schools we will find cross and jesus. If these are allowed why kids cant come with scarf or turban?

Also many christian schools where nuns are teachers wear their version of scarf and come to teach.

Idiot, He is same man who called for Hindu sucide squads to be created. How does this man different from Bin laden and How does his follwers different from Bin Laden followers.

One good thing will not mask his rest of crimes. You can always list few good things in every criminal.

but did he create..?

as i said you muslims may have your problems with balasaheb...but not me.....just like how I might have problems with the likes of aurangazeb who continues to be your hero....so i dont give a **** to what you think of him...grow up and move on.

well the person you are speaking to is a parsi..they dont accept Hindu gods...so can you ttell me what problem hindus have with parsis...

Some where in this thread only i think what Hindus think about Parsis. I think they treat them as part of them. So u would not have any problem with him.

Morover i read about this some time ago:

A community[parsis] in whose religious ceremonies the invocation of fire occupies the central place, who wear the sacred thread, whose ancestors worshipped gods named Mitra Vayu, Veretraghna, whose society was traditionally divided into various orders of priests, warriors and peasants, who consider themselves descendants of the Aryans - a race which originally lived in the sub-Artic regions near the North Pole - this obviously is a description of the Aryan settlers of India. Yes, but it applies equally well to the ancestors of the inhabitants of Iran and the Zoroastrian Parsis who migrated from Iran and settled in India around 900 C.E.
-----------

Also, I dont know if they deny other gods of Hinduism.

The only thing I hate about Shiv Sena as a whole is their unnecessary hatred towards Non-Maharashtrian Indians. Apart from that I see Bal Thackeray as a very strong personality and self made man..

dude that perception of bala saheb is mostly a media creation...take it from me....for example just see how the tv anchors kept on repeating, to nauseating levels yesterday, that violence "may" break out if he dies...they dont know if it will break out...but they want to create a perception of violence and attribute it to the shiv sena.....

Some where in this thread only i think what Hindus think about Parsis. I think they treat them as part of them. So u would not have any problem with him.

Morover i read about this some time ago:

A community[parsis] in whose religious ceremonies the invocation of fire occupies the central place, who wear the sacred thread, whose ancestors worshipped gods named Mitra Vayu, Veretraghna, whose society was traditionally divided into various orders of priests, warriors and peasants, who consider themselves descendants of the Aryans - a race which originally lived in the sub-Artic regions near the North Pole - this obviously is a description of the Aryan settlers of India. Yes, but it applies equally well to the ancestors of the inhabitants of Iran and the Zoroastrian Parsis who migrated from Iran and settled in India around 900 C.E.
-----------

Also, I dont know if they deny other gods of Hinduism.

Yes - that is the point is it not?

We may be similar to the Hindus from a time long long ago.

You WERE Hindus a few hundred years ago.

What happened?

Islam.

Does that answer your question about the clarity you sought earlier?

but did he create..?

as i said you muslims may have your problems with balasaheb...but not me.....just like how I might have problems with the likes of aurangazeb who continues to be your hero....so i dont give a **** to what you think of him...grow up and move on.

COrrect, Thats what i am saying. You will not have any problems in supporting your extreamist leader. In the same way many muslims will not have supporting thier leader.

If one is bad, other is also. If one is good, other kind also good.

No need to worry much about Islam and Extreamism. Every community there will be people who will support/resist them. No need to target islam.

This is what i am trying to say. You made it easy. Thanks bro

parsis and hindus have absolutely no commonality in worship or in gods....and hindus dont consider parsis as one of them..n the sense the condition that was laid to the parsis who came as refugees was that they would not mingle with the local population and would maintain their distinct identity, faith and culture......

doc sahab would be able to explain it better than me.....

COrrect, Thats what i am saying. You will not have any problems in supporting your extreamist leader. In the same way many muslims will not have supporting thier leader.

If one is bad, other is also. If one is good, other kind also good.

No need to worry much about Islam and Extreamism. Every community there will be people who will support/resist them. No need to target islam.

This is what i am trying to say. You made it easy. Thanks bro

but the difference is he did not go pro-actively killing people for not belonging to his religion....for being kafirs or infidels.....he did not have ummah dreams.....he did not go about bombing trains, buses, religious places etc....a trade the jihadis excel in.....a difference that willingly or unwillingly escaped your eye....what shiv sena did in mumbai in 93 was a reaction which although was pretty brutal, was a reaction nonetheless. Had they not been there thousands of hindus would have been butchered in cold blood in a riot started in dongri and radhabhai chawl.....

and shiv sena extremism was limited to 93 and that to in mumbai...islam ? pretty much yest they rioted in hyderabad....

Those are desperate comments coming now. People hate him for 1992 riots but just think about it had he not jumped in fight, the Muslim fanatic masses well supported by Dawood's D company members, would have had non-stop run killing Hindus on the Streets/Chawls etc. Scared people ran to him asking help and he did helped them. Bottom line is - The massacre was started by Muslims and tides turned around when Shiv Sena jumped in..

internet pussies who wont as much make a squeek on the streets of maharashtra and reserve their bravery to the internet.....just take them in your stride bro.....

Balasaheb is a legend who will never be forgotten.

I don't like this guy much , but one thing is for sure , if it wasn't for Shiv Sena there would have been a blast in Mumbai every single day , the muslim community in Bombay does have a little bit of an extremist streak in it, not found in muslims of let's say Delhi or Calcutta.

He and his kind are a necessary evil, like the EDL in Britain.

Yes - that is the point is it not?

We may be similar to the Hindus from a time long long ago.

You WERE Hindus a few hundred years ago.

What happened?

Islam.

Does that answer your question about the clarity you sought earlier?

Ha ha. You are saying as long as you remain like Hindu you dont have problem. Otherwise you do. Good dude. More and more people are exposing their colors here. Dude this is what we are also saying.

Dude, This is the problem for many Extreamist muslims. For them you be a muslim, they wont have any problem.

By the you may think that our ancestors are Hindus. But what muslims think is First Man on the earth was muslim. There were over lakhs of prophet sent to earth. Every one preached one God but rules of religion was different for differnt region. Later after prophet death people deviated from their faith. So if going by your argument, If muslims also follow same argument. they Muslims will not have any problem as long as you deviated thier faith :-)

Anyways you dont need to blive this.

Most young Parsis (at 42 I still qualify) are 100% behind the Shiv Sena in Mumbai. Or the MNS. Personally, I like Raj more. I cannot wait for him to come to power. And hopefully grow from there.

Raj must come back to SS and Uddhav must retire due to health concerns....this fratricide is only helping the congress and ncp....

I don't like this guy much , but one thing is for sure , if it wasn't for Shiv Sena there would have been a blast in Mumbai every single day , the muslim community in Bombay does have a little bit of an extremist streak in it, not found in muslims of let's say Delhi or Calcutta.

He and his kind are a necessary evil, like the EDL in Britain.

edl are pussies mate....when they see a bearded guy approaching them they will drop the banners and run away.....not in case of shiv sena...if there is a shiv sena rally, even MA road remains quiet.....there is peace in mumbai between the two communities only because of the presence of a strong MNS and SS.....the people concerned know tat if they were to indulge in any mischief there would be a backlash.....

Back
Top Bottom