What's new

Bakhshali manuscript from Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa has the earliest recorded origin of the zero symbol

Absurd. My family carried the title Khan for several centuries, but my father's generation dropped it from their names. Does this now mean that I cannot claim the heritage of my forefathers? What nonsense is this?
I don't deny today Pakistanis are of indian origin , but they themselves say they aren't indians , they define themselves by today's geographical map and baggage of last 1000 yrs history since MBQ invaded Sindh .

I don't deny today Pakistanis are of indian origin , but they themselves say they aren't indians , they define themselves by today's geographical map and baggage of last 1000 yrs history since MBQ invaded Sindh .

Hindki, or Hindkoawan are terms that were used for my people by others. You clearly have no idea about the region where this is found and who the original inhabitants are. Listen closely as I will only say this once, regardless of what I was called a hundred or thousand years ago by others, I will prefer to be called by the name I have chosen for myself. And I have chosen Pakistani to be my identity, and not Indian that was a name imposed by others.

Among Pashtuns, Hindko or Hindki is a general term for all dialects of Punjabis. For example in my area, the term Hindko is used for Seraiki of DI Khan and Mianwali.

Cheers for confirming, but I have always known this as I have family in Hazara/KPK.

They are accepting their Hindu roots. Accepting that whatever great that ever came out from that region was by Hindus. After conversion, nada. Except of course terrorism. Which they seem to be good at.
Many folks have Vedic roots after all Rig Veda emanated from here not from your Gangaland, as for Hindu or Sanatan Dharam ,their is no such thing as even an erudite fellow like Nehru nor the supreme court of India could define what it is,,,,, the ancestors of Pakistanis followed a monotheistic belief as rig veda can be described as somewhat Monotheistic. kudos

Indian Gujrat is not adjacent to Indus besides which one of his mathas are close to or anywhere near to taxila, Ghandara etc lol
Places like taxila, Ghandara had significance in Hinduism , except the fact that one of the main villainous character Sakuni in the hindu epic Mahabharata was from Gandhara .

Many folks have Vedic roots after all Rig Veda emanated from here not from your Gangaland, as for Hindu or Sanatan Dharam ,their is no such thing as even an erudite fellow like Nehru nor the supreme court of India could define what it is,,,,, the ancestors of Pakistanis followed a monotheistic belief as rig veda can be described as somewhat Monotheistic. kudos

Which is what I said, anything good came out much before you chaps were converted. Nothing after that. You do realise that I do not need to accept the Rig Veda as supreme and hence do not take offense to it.

And please go and talk this nonsense, of what the Rig Veda says and how it is monotheist somewhat, to your mullahs. Anybody who has attempted to read the Rig Veda will laugh at your statements. So go shooooo.

Places like taxila, Ghandara had significance in Hinduism , except the fact that one of the main villainous character Sakuni in the hindu epic Mahabharata was from Gandhara .
So because Shakuni was from Ghandara somehow Gangadeshis have claims on the land of my ancestors lol, just give over will you suriya, accept it this region is and always was alien to you folks, even during British rule soldiers from Bihar were paid extra by the Brits to serve in lands which they considered foreign ie Indus region lands, also in recent decades men from the indus were stationed in a gangdeshi land, we all know how that turned out, to put it simply the Pakistan soldiers (Indus folks) were aliens to these lands, so much for your Utopian one nation theory

Which is what I said, anything good came out much before you chaps were converted. Nothing after that. You do realise that I do not need to accept the Rig Veda as supreme and hence do not take offense to it.

And please go and talk this nonsense, of what the Rig Veda says and how it is monotheist somewhat, to your mullahs. Anybody who has attempted to read the Rig Veda will laugh at your statements. So go shooooo.
I suggest you study this foreign text.

The Bakhshali manuscript was found in 1881, buried in a field in a village called Bakhshali, near Peshawar, in what is now a region of Pakistan. It was discovered by a local farmer and later acquired by the Bodleian Library in Oxford

For a moment I was worried ,quite happy to know document related to Indian history is in safe hands.. Kudos to oxford for safeguarding it....

Aanoj sitting in Chennai claiming areas of what is now Pakistan as his heritage is as absurd as a Pakistani Punjabi/Sindhi etc claiming Andalus as theirs simply because of shared religion etc.
Absolutely besides in the case of the Andulus at least they are following the same religion, in the case of Hinduism we are referring to the very vast and different polytheistic beliefs that existed in the artificial British entity they named as India.Kudos bro

For a moment I was worried ,quite happy to know document realted to Indian history is in safe hands.. Kudos to oxford for safeguarding it..
:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Absolutely besides in the case of the Andulus at least they are following the same religion, in the case of Hinduism we are referring to the very vast and different polytheistic beliefs that existed in the artificial British entity they named as India.Kudos bro

EDIT: I think I am just repeating myself.

Great....now the discovery that zero is 500 years old tells a lot about the advances made by vedic civilization.

Like I said, next time go and chat with a mullah on your interpretation of the Rig Veda to feel knowledgable. Not with someone who has the books at home for reference. Or open a separate thread for the same where you want to learn about it. I will gladly debate with you on the same.

Leave them man...the point is the whole world calls that as Indian civilization.

@ on topic...Bakhshali manuscript calls zero as shunya-bindu.

So because Shakuni was from Ghandara somehow Gangadeshis have claims on the land of my ancestors lol, just give over will you suriya, accept it this region is and always was alien to you folks, even during British rule soldiers from Bihar were paid extra by the Brits to serve in lands which they considered foreign ie Indus region lands, also in recent decades men from the indus were stationed in a gangdeshi land, we all know how that turned out, to put it simply the Pakistan soldiers (Indus folks) were aliens to these lands, so much for your Utopian one nation theory
Aanoj sitting in Chennai claiming areas of what is now Pakistan as his heritage is as absurd as a Pakistani Punjabi/Sindhi etc claiming Andalus as theirs simply because of shared religion etc.
LOL
FYI RigVeda doesn't mention Sindh river , though it mentions of Saraswati river upteen number times , that same Saraswati river that flowed in Hariyana ,Punjab ,Rajastan falling to into sea Gujarat coast.

It's funny that pakistanis claims over IVC , aryan Vedic hindu religion , on top of that they are also inheritors of central Asian Moghuls and other Arab invaders.

They say there are more people who claim to be descendant of the Prophet in Pakistan than in whole of Arabia .:woot:

Back
Top Bottom