What's new

BAJAJ Pulsar in service with Iranian Special Forces

I have better faith in TVS Apache 180(I own). previously owned Pulsar 180 UG-2. Everything is good with pulsar except for ... may I say - Engine Life(correct Me?)..My Experience is, after 40,000kms Pulsar 180 refused to Climb above 100-105kmph..I doubt it was because of Engine not coping up well . some mechanics also claims Pulsars lacks the Punch after 10-15K kms.

But, I love the Apache Engine Characteristics and back in 2002 owned a Fiero(predecessor of Apache).
----
I was randomly browsing through a stock&share portal(moneycontrol). Saw Someone said this "Largest Selling Bike" Pulsar is because BAJAJ PILE up Stocks with Dealers and Claims it sells More. Any Truth or FUD? :lol:

Edit: uh oh..sound anti bajaj? :confused:

I love Baja for they invest and deliver in R & D...the recent KTM 125 dirt bike has been designed by a Bajaj team...
they are planning to come up with their model of a quarter litre bike soon..powered around 30 bhp...
HHonda was restricted by Honda in indulging too much into R&D...now that thier hands are untied...I am sure that only pure saex can be expected from their stable.

I have better faith in TVS Apache 180(I own). previously owned Pulsar 180 UG-2. Everything is good with pulsar except for ... may I say - Engine Life(correct Me?)..My Experience is, after 40,000kms Pulsar 180 refused to Climb above 100-105kmph..I doubt it was because of Engine not coping up well . some mechanics also claims Pulsars lacks the Punch after 10-15K kms.

But, I love the Apache Engine Characteristics and back in 2002 owned a Fiero(predecessor of Apache).
----
I was randomly browsing through a stock&share portal(moneycontrol). Saw Someone said this "Largest Selling Bike" Pulsar is because BAJAJ PILE up Stocks with Dealers and Claims it sells More. Any Truth or FUD? :lol:

Edit: uh oh..sound anti bajaj? :confused:

The UG-4 engine is much more refined than the UG-2. IMO after 40,000 KM's it's time to sell the bike and get a new one, and anyways it's pretty unsafe to cross 80 kmph on Indian roads, especially on a bike that has crossed 40,000 km's.
Actually, Bajaj does sell more bike's than the competition. Check the motorcycle sales figures for confirmation.
I dont know if Apache is a better machine, I have never ridden it. I have heard that it can be uncomfortable on longer rides. Anyways, for the price both motorcycles are a fair deal. The new Apache with ABS takes the cake.

The UG-4 engine is much more refined than the UG-2. IMO after 40,000 KM's it's time to sell the bike and get a new one, and anyways it's pretty unsafe to cross 80 kmph on Indian roads, especially on a bike that has crossed 40,000 km's.
Actually, Bajaj does sell more bike's than the competition. Check the motorcycle sales figures for confirmation.
I dont know if Apache is a better machine, I have never ridden it. I have heard that it can be uncomfortable on longer rides. Anyways, for the price both motorcycles are a fair deal. The new Apache with ABS takes the cake.

Yes Pulsar brand is very strong today, 80000/month sales, newly launched 135LS is superhit, around 30000/month sales. Apache was also not refined bike, lotsa vibrations n other issues. Apache is very small bike, not suitable for anyone above 5.6"

Even Pakistanis are expecting ...Pulsar should launch at Pakistan.

Yes Pulsar brand is very strong today, 80000/month sales, newly launched 135LS is superhit, around 30000/month sales. Apache was also not refined bike, lotsa vibrations n other issues. Apache is very small bike, not suitable for anyone above 5.6"
I am 5ft10 and Yes! Riding anything above 15-20kms is NOT comfortable. But, Vibration issue is less in Apache180(only at 60-65kmph). But, Apache is a truly for handling far better than Pulsars in this regard.Sporty Seating position is a problem for overweight guys. TVS Racing riders input has came in developing RTR160/180. Perhaps, with UG-4, Pulsar Engines may have got better. Friend with P220 DTS-FI(EFI Engine) Struggles with "missing" problem with the bike. No Support from Bajaj as they discontinued EFI Model. :( Brand Loyalty ke Liye Mein Jhoot Nahin Bol Saktha..

These are police not special forces. Commandos don't roam around on the streets with bikes.

Pulsar is best thing happened to Bajaj and to some extent to me too.

bajaj-pulsar-200-cc.jpg

bajaj-pulsar-300cc.jpg

p2.jpg

I am 5ft10 and Yes! Riding anything above 15-20kms is NOT comfortable. But, Vibration issue is less in Apache180(only at 60-65kmph). But, Apache is a truly for handling far better than Pulsars in this regard.Sporty Seating position is a problem for overweight guys. TVS Racing riders input has came in developing RTR160/180. Perhaps, with UG-4, Pulsar Engines may have got better. Friend with P220 DTS-FI(EFI Engine) Struggles with "missing" problem with the bike. No Support from Bajaj as they discontinued EFI Model. :( Brand Loyalty ke Liye Mein Jhoot Nahin Bol Saktha..
Drove the RTR 180 yesterday,it vibrated like hell........Never will ride it nor be a pillion on one:sick:

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Drove the RTR 180 yesterday,it vibrated like hell........Never will ride it nor be a pillion on one:sick:

Back
Top Bottom