What's new

Bajaj Auto launches low cost car RE 60, promises 40 km per litre

with tata launching magic iris(nano's public transport version), bajaj has no option than launching something like this to remain in the rickshaw market. agree that RE60 looks Hideous.
magicirisacezip_1_560x420.jpg

RE60:
BL03_BAJAJRE60_882845a.jpg

for all of you who wanted to know full analysis and specification please visit the following link. :-- Bajaj RE60 : More than a Nano Page - 1| Zigwheels.com
Bajaj RE60 : More than a Nano Page - 2| Zigwheels.com
Bajaj RE60 : More than a Nano Page - 3| Zigwheels.com
Bajaj RE60 : More than a Nano Page - 4| Zigwheels.com
Bajaj RE60 : More than a Nano Page - 5| Zigwheels.com

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

BAJAJ RE60 : TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: -
Displacement-
200cc
Engine type-
Single cylinder, four-stroke, Water Cooled, 4 Valve engine with a closed loop fuel injection system, DTSi Power
20 hp (claimed)
Torque- 17 Nm
CO2 Emissions 60gm/km
Fuel efficiency- 35 kmpl (claimed)
Maximum Speed- 70 km/h
Kerb Weight- 400 kg
Turning circle radius- 3.5 meters
Wheelbase- 1925 mm
Overall length- 2752 mm
Overall width- 1312 mm
Overall height- 1650 mm
Track- 1140 mm
Seating capacity- 2+2 or 1+3
Boot space- 44 litre
Underset storage space- 95 litres (below front seat)
Suspension (F/R)- MacPherson Strut / Coil Spring multi-link setup
Brakes (F/R):- -Drum/Drum
Weight Distribution (F/R)- 37% / 63%
Fuel Tank (full capacity)- 350 km range

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

BAJAJ RE60 : TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: -
Displacement-
200cc
Engine type-
Single cylinder, four-stroke, Water Cooled, 4 Valve engine with a closed loop fuel injection system, DTSi Power
20 hp (claimed)
Torque- 17 Nm
CO2 Emissions 60gm/km
Fuel efficiency- 35 kmpl (claimed)
Maximum Speed- 70 km/h
Kerb Weight- 400 kg
Turning circle radius- 3.5 meters
Wheelbase- 1925 mm
Overall length- 2752 mm
Overall width- 1312 mm
Overall height- 1650 mm
Track- 1140 mm
Seating capacity- 2+2 or 1+3
Boot space- 44 litre
Underset storage space- 95 litres (below front seat)
Suspension (F/R)- MacPherson Strut / Coil Spring multi-link setup
Brakes (F/R):- -Drum/Drum
Weight Distribution (F/R)- 37% / 63%
Fuel Tank (full capacity)- 350 km range

Looks like a modified Auto to me, is that even safe to drive ? One hit from a truck on Indian roads and it will be transformed into the cheapest pile of junk.

The same Bajaj 'Lite' concept car , which was showcased on Delhi auto expo 2010
bajaj-lite-small-car-concept_autoexpo2008.jpg
bajaj-auto-small-car-tata-nano-delhi-auto-expo.jpg

India_Bajaj_Lite_2.jpg

The concept comes across really fabulous re: the real thing in the extreme ;) .

Call me biased, or an optimist, Bajaj is known to be a lallu-panju product developer which improves with time. Indian time! Their Chetak was kooky all right, but did evolve however nominally, their motorcycle evolved more rapidly and the Pulsar is now tops, hopefully the learning curve is fast tracked for the Re:60.

Bajaj is known as a nimble, flexible and learn-on-the-go Co. with a focus on the money. What if they read the internet. Take reviews to heart and actually hire some design consultants to shimmy up the Re:60.

They are a cash rich company and also know how to run with the boys and have made a killing in the Indian market. There was no internet back in the days of the license raj Chetak, or Jap bashing Pulsar (well some only lately). Tata and Maruti are light years ahead of Bajaj. What if Bajaj catches up, like it's reputation?

And I'm tired of Bajaj flubbing and flogging it's ugly duckling the said Re:60 as a 4 wheeler, auto replacement, vehicle for the masses, motorized tricycle for Sri Lanka or something or the other for Bangaldesh or Nepal. It's a car damn it. And ppl. have said it's fugly. No big deal, it's a design issue :mod: .

Just fix it Rahul. Totally do-able yar :bounce: .

Bajaj should have manufactured the engine on the LCA Tejas. Lol

And I'm tired of Bajaj flubbing and flogging it's ugly duckling the said Re:60 as a 4 wheeler, auto replacement, vehicle for the masses, motorized tricycle for Sri Lanka or something or the other for Bangaldesh or Nepal. It's a car damn it. And ppl. have said it's fugly. No big deal, it's a design issue :mod: .

Just fix it Rahul. Totally do-able yar :bounce: .
Bajaj said so, they reckon it is safer than auto and would be used for public transport.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Bajaj should have manufactured the engine on the LCA Tejas. Lol
Does LCA tejas engine look ugly?

Looks odd, like a bumper car, bad car designer.
Yep, but autowallahs( the main consumer of the product) are not known to be fussy about looks.
Only thing matter to them is fuel efficiency and how many passengers it can carry.

bajaj2.jpg

Very dashing! Boy I would love to take this out for a spin.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

india_bajaj-1sff.jpg

This is what all the young dudes what. You have this and your set.

A two/three wheeler manufacturer tried this for first time. I would say great effort.

re-030112.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I guess, the hideous design resulted from trying to meet safety standards while keeping the price as low as posible....

Yo mama so cheap, she drives one of those bajaj auto cars. :D

Back
Top Bottom