What's new

Baitullah Mehsud dies

Its confirmed, he's dead, he's dead! :victory::victory::victory:

MONITORING DESK

KARACHI (updated on: October 01, 2008, 02:16 PST): Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Baitullah Mehsood, who was blamed by Government of Pakistan and CIA for the assassination of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto and a number of suicide attacks in Pakistan, died after protracted illness, a private TV channel reported on late Tuesday.

Quoting unnamed official sources, who confirmed the death, the channel said that the high profile militant commander was suffering from diabetic and died of kidney failure.

Baitullah Mehsud, in his late 30s, was suffering from diabetes and hypertension for the last four years. However, his condition deteriorated about two months ago when his blood glucose, or sugar, levels rose and his kidneys were infected, an earlier report said.

Let's not be jingoistic about even an enemy's death.
Dushman mare tay khushi na karin...Sajnaan vi marjaana.

Let us pray, that this bad news for the militants helps to break their back and their morale.

I have only a few words for him: Haramzadeh (pardon my french), burn in hell in eternity! :flame:

It is good that his supporters will never get the satisfaction that he died a "martyrs" death. It is not the death of a soldier or a fighter. No blaze of glory for him, though there never is much glory in the kind of terrorism that these people employ. Lets hope the rest take heed, and lay down their arms and surrender.

it would be in our strategic interests to find someone from the Mehsud tribe who is more inclined towards a pro-pakistan policy

I guess we haven't learned a lesson from Talibans yet have we.:what:

(CNN) -- The leader of Pakistan's Taliban, Baitullah Mehsud, is dead from kidney failure, sources told CNN.

Baitullah Mehsud speaks to reporters in the tribal district of South Waziristan near the Afghan border in May.

The Pakistan government blamed Mehsud for the December 27, 2007, assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.

An unnamed Islamabad-based source with connections within the Mehsud tribe in South Waziristan said Mehsud died about 1 a.m. Wednesday. Military officials in the field confirmed to CNN that Mehsud had died.

Geo Television of Pakistan and other local stations also reported his death.
But some reports also had the Taliban denying Mehsud's death.

Earlier reports said the leader of the Taliban in Pakistan was ill and was expected to die within a day. Mehsud is said to have succumbed to kidney failure and was believed to be about 34 years old.

Mehsud denied involvement in Bhutto's assassination.
"We don't strike women," he said through a spokesman.

In his first television interview, conducted by Al-Jazeera last year, Mehsud said his ultimate aim was to attack New York and London, England.

In January, Spanish police said a cell of Pakistanis -- allegedly dispatched by Mehsud -- arrested in Barcelona was planning suicide operations in Spain and possibly elsewhere in Europe.

He led thousands of militants in South Waziristan, the mountainous region of northwest Pakistan that borders Afghanistan and where the Taliban and al Qaeda are active.

Mehsud's death would leave a power vacuum within the Mehsud tribe and the Pakistani Taliban, analysts say. Since there was no second in command of the Mehsud tribe, tribal splits are expected.

Mehsud's death also is expected to spark a power struggle and the appointment of a new Taliban leader in Pakistan, but whoever replaces Mehsud is not expected to have as much influence and control in the region

Glad to know this scumbag is gone !!!!!!!!! hahaha lol jerks i hope we kill them all

ARY reports that his men has contacted them (ARY) and told them that the Mehsud is not dead.

If he is dead then the security forces should get in and clean up. If that is possible. A branch with no root is going to fall much easily!

Eid Mubarak guys.

Don't worry, our boys still have Fazl ullah to get rid of.

Makes you wonder, how on Earth is Bin Laden still alive? This at least proves that in Pakistan known terrorists cannot get medical treatment. I wonder where Bin Laden exactly is that he has still not kicked the bucket.

I thought these guys were supposed to be rugged sons of the soil who ate good unprocessed natural foods and avoided junk like candy and soda yet he died before hitting 40. I guess some ISI agents probably fooled him into thinking that eating chocolates, soda and candy was good for the health.

Back
Top Bottom