What's new

"Baher" World's Heaviest Anti-Material Rifle

Dadash Sry but it is not Arash but a video game

I owned this game by myself and enjoyed back then playing this mission really :D
My bad. Iraqis hunt Daeshis with Iranian sniper "sayyad 2":

شکار 4 داعشی توسط اسلحه تک تیرانداز ایرانی صیاد 2

Arash anti-matterial rifle test in Iran:

شاهکار سپاه,تک تیرانداز آرش+لحظه شلیک+اصابت به هدف HD

Baher test in Iran:

سلاح تک تیرانداز 23 میلی متری باهر

Baher 23mm heavy rifle was unveiled by way of an Iranian military day parade in April of 2015.

Baher-23 is a new gun adopted by the Iranian military for the very-heavy-sniper-rifle role. It fires a large 23mm projectile, a cartridge much more closely associated to some small-caliber cannon compared to rifle, at ranges out to 5 kms. The weapon is actually primarily intended for beating helicopters, light armored automobiles, and enemy staff hidden behind fortified walls though absolutely nothing excludes it from engaging personnel straight – of course along with truly devastating outcomes.

The weapon is really a complete sniping process, requiring an operating crew of 2 to 3 personnel and with a weight some 62 kgs. It has been featured on the special heavy-duty, flexible tripod assembly made to absorb some of the naturally violent recoil organic to a weapon of the caliber. The gun is given more conventional components as well such as an optics arranged fitted over the recipient, a pistol grasp, and shoulder stock. The extended length clip or barrel is capped with a large, slotted braking system.

http://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1394/08/10/903858/ایران-با-باهر-صاحب-نیرومندترین-تک-تیرانداز-جهان-شد-عکس

Just looking at caliber, then there is the Barret XM109.

The Barrett XM109 is a prototype anti-materiel rifle and grenade launcher, chambered in 25 × 59 mm, developed by Barrett Firearms Manufacturing. It was designed as a modification of the Barrett M107 and was capable of defeating light armor and equipment out to 2 km (1.2 mi). Weight 33.2 lb (15.1 kg)
Xm109_2.jpg

Barrett XM109 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But really, one has to compare the rounds.
RT-20 (Croatia) uses 20×110mm Hispano
Vidhwansak (India) is available in 12.7×108mm (.50 Russian), 14.5×114mm and 20x82mm
Denel NTW-20 (South Africa) is available in 20x83.5mm and 20×110mm
Truvelo SR-20 (South Africa) is available in 14.5×114mm, 20x82mm and 20x110mm

So lets look at 20x110 at Tony Williams excellent site ANTI-TANK AND HEAVY MACHINE GUN CARTRIDGES UP TO 19 MM CALIBRE
weight = 122-130 gram (HE round, not AP)
muzzle velocity 830 to 880 m/s

20x82 is less powerfull
weight = 115 (HE round, not AP)
muzzle velocity 710 m/s

I'm assuming Iran has used the 23mm round that is common in Russian weapons (ZU-23-2 aaa, aircraft cannon)
Aircraft cannon use 23x115, which weighs 175 grams and has a muzzle velocity of 740 m/s
AAA cannon use 23x152B, which weighs 185 grams and has a muzzle velocity of 900-970 m/s
See 21-29 MM CALIBRE CARTRIDGES

So, it really depends on which 23mm round is used to determine if it is better/worse or lighter/heavier than e.g. 20mm rounds. 23x115 is heavier than both 20x82 and 20x110 but the latter is significantly faster and may have better penetration for a lower weight. 23x152B outperformes both 20mm in projectile weight and muzzle velocity.

Note though that this is HE rounds!
For anti-material you might use a apfsds round (subcaliber munition), which I assume would be lighter. Perhaps muzzle velocity is the most critical variable here then.

FGww2APcarts1e.jpg

More on sniping ammunition here Cartridges for Long
More on anti-tank rifle ammunition hre An Introduction to Anti
TRANSITIONAL ANTI-TANK RIFLE: THE CARL GUSTAV M/42

Last edited:
humans made another machine to kill other humans
Wrong forum buddy.

---

This is a great weapon, I always had the idea for something like this and finally someone made it. This thing can be used on oil pipelines, soft skinned vehicles, armoured vehicles, power stations etc. Relatively Cheap yet effective weapon. I am a big fan of this kind of Iranian stuff.

Wrong forum buddy.

---

This is a great weapon, I always had the idea for something like this and finally someone made it. This thing can be used on oil pipelines, soft skinned vehicles, armoured vehicles, power stations etc. Relatively Cheap yet effective weapon. I am a big fan of this kind of Iranian stuff.

What you posted made me realize that war has moved from direct fights between giants to proxy wars to gain regional influence between giants. Therefore, huge, expensive weapons is not as important anymore as light, easily transportable, and cheap weapons.

American movies - video games are very brutal and racist. They kill thousands of humans like pieces of cakes. Their culture broadcasting has made world a worse place to live and has caused more crimes to be done in the world.

Genocide of 100 Million American Indians by British Emigrants
Unlike .... French movies, Hong Kong movies (much more graphic violence) ?

FYI 100 million is the least conservative estimate made for the TOTAL native american population (i.e. north and south america) around 1500. While it is difficult to determine exactly how many Natives lived in North America before Columbus, estimates range from a low of 2.1 million (Ubelaker 1976) to 7 million people (Russell Thornton) to a high of 18 million (Dobyns 1983).

Please inform yourself before you write.

Unlike .... French movies, Hong Kong movies (much more graphic violence) ?

FYI 100 million is the least conservative estimate made for the TOTAL native american population (i.e. north and south america) around 1500. While it is difficult to determine exactly how many Natives lived in North America before Columbus, estimates range from a low of 2.1 million (Ubelaker 1976) to 7 million people (Russell Thornton) to a high of 18 million (Dobyns 1983).

Please inform yourself before you write.
During 500 years. I've not written that it's very clear and even your scholars have validated that.

Btw are u American?

During 500 years. I've not written that it's very clear and even your scholars have validated that.

Btw are u American?
And you do realize that native amreicans suffered most from new deseases brought along by new comers to the continent (which, at the time, they have no idea that they were carrying, as the state of medical knowledge was - shall we say - in its infancy). 95% of Native Americans that died succombed to diseases quite endemic and non-lethal in Europe. You can not label that genocide.

Besides: Spanish and Portugese came first. Then Dutch then British and even French. Then people from Eastern and Southern Europe. You can't 'pin' the desease bit on any single nation.

Penguins are from Antarctica.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom