What's new

"Baher" World's Heaviest Anti-Material Rifle

And you do realize that native amreicans suffered most from new deseases brought along by new comers to the continent (which, at the time, they have no idea that they were carrying, as the state of medical knowledge was - shall we say - in its infancy). 95% of Native Americans that died succombed to diseases quite endemic and non-lethal in Europe. You can not label that genocide.

Besides: Spanish and Portugese came first. Then Dutch then British and even French. Then people from Eastern and Southern Europe. You can't 'pin' the desease bit on any single nation.

Penguins are from Antarctica.
some of the times yes , but what about Smallpox

And you do realize that native amreicans suffered most from new deseases brought along by new comers to the continent (which, at the time, they have no idea that they were carrying, as the state of medical knowledge was - shall we say - in its infancy). 95% of Native Americans that died succombed to diseases quite endemic and non-lethal in Europe. You can not label that genocide.

Besides: Spanish and Portugese came first. Then Dutch then British and even French. Then people from Eastern and Southern Europe. You can't 'pin' the desease bit on any single nation.

Penguins are from Antarctica.
but is n't the so called American Nation consisted of all those European groups you mentioned above!? There is no American white nation in reality.. They are made of Spanish, Dutch, German, French, British, Italian and later or sooner Latinos, Japs, Chinese, Filipinos and etc

some of the times yes , but what about Smallpox

Assuming you are referring to the blankets episode, this might be a worthwhile read
Did the U.S. Army Distribute Smallpox Blankets to Indians? Fabrication and Falsification in Ward Churchill's Genocide Rhetoric

In general:
epidemics were just some of the causes of population decline during European contact. Intermarriage, slavery, wars, massacres, political disruption, economic changes, malnutrition, destruction of traditional subsistence patterns, and alcoholism also changed the composition of many Native American groups, whether they favored the changes or fought them. Eventually, these changes caused substantial depopulation and cultural change. This Native American depopulation occurred during the contact period, causing the Native American population size to decline from 1-18 million before European contact (c. AD 1500) to an estimated 530,000 by 1900.
Native Americans and The Smallpox Epidemic - Archiving Early America
[ note: native american in this article is used in the meaning of (north) american indian]

but is n't the so called American Nation consisted of all those European groups you mentioned above!? There is no American white nation in reality.. They are made of Spanish, Dutch, German, French, British, Italian and later or sooner Latinos, Japs, Chinese, Filipinos and etc
No quite sure what you are talking about.

There is confusion in the meaning of terms such as 'native american' and 'american indian'. I've tried to make clear that you have the indegenous population of (all) the Americas, and you have the smaller population we commonly refers to as the Indians (which we see depicted in 'Westerns')

Likewise, in relation to who did what to whom, it is rather silly when disease is a very large factor in depopulation, to pin this on British since a) there were many other groups/waves of immigrants/settlers and b) the British certainly weren't the first to arrive.

Assuming you are referring to the blankets episode, this might be a worthwhile read
Did the U.S. Army Distribute Smallpox Blankets to Indians? Fabrication and Falsification in Ward Churchill's Genocide Rhetoric

In general:

Native Americans and The Smallpox Epidemic - Archiving Early America
[ note: native american in this article is used in the meaning of (north) american indian]

No quite sure what you are talking about.

There is confusion in the meaning of terms such as 'native american' and 'american indian'. I've tried to make clear that you have the indegenous population of (all) the Americas, and you have the smaller population we commonly refers to as the Indians (which we see depicted in 'Westerns')

Likewise, in relation to who did what to whom, it is rather silly when disease is a very large factor in depopulation, to pin this on British since a) there were many other groups/waves of immigrants/settlers and b) the British certainly weren't the first to arrive.
First do you really expect US authorities to allow conclusions that they massacred American native owners than they are just dead through diseases...
Second, while there are literally thousands of letters talking about US European settlers massacring native Americans in a 2 centuries period how can you give credit to less common depopulation through diseases? South Africa, a whole African Black nation, NZ and some other all have faced the same European settlements scenario but non of them depopulated through unknown European diseases...

First do you really expect US authorities to allow conclusions that they massacred American native owners than they are just dead through diseases...
Second, while there are literally thousands of letters talking about US European settlers massacring native Americans in a 2 centuries period how can you give credit to less common depopulation through diseases? South Africa, a whole African Black nation, NZ and some other all have faced the same European settlements scenario but non of them depopulated through unknown European diseases...
I really suggest you look at the literature on the topic. At present you are arguiing with me, while I am merely pointing out what the state of knowledge on the topic is. You are continuing to talk about the northern american native indians, whereas I've pointed out the number of 100 million refers to the total american indigenous populatin (and that is a liberal estimate). I herewith end my discussion of the matter for I am not in the mood for debating, nor do I have time for it.

Goodday.

ps. You asked a question, I answered in, then you attack me. There ends my willingness to address questions by you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom