What's new

Bahawalpur Solar Park will be world's largest

Bhawalpur Solar Park will be world's largest and then PMLN puts a ban on anymore solar and wind parks in the country..... in the end there will be only Punjab, however, it will won't be in Pakistan anymore!
Won't KPK benifit from this project? What's with the Punjab phobia?

I think there was a reason I commented to begin with. And the reason if you read your original post, was obvious. You are making this sound like an issue where people weren't doing their work. If you read your own history, PPP corrupted this and all other projects in their time. The WB, the IMF and the Chinese didn't want to work with them because they knew the money wouldn't make it to the project.
my observations were apolitical and always have been. What you do not get to do is go personal with some one because of what they say. The project was delayed, we lost water due to this and the Neelum valley will suffer, and everyone including the present government is to blame because they let it happen. In the present Government work was halted many times due to lack of funds while funds were being spent on self glorification on the TV channels so before you assume something your self realise the people were not doing their job which is to provide adequete funding to projects more important to nation
Because of that very reason, the work was stopped and at times, slowly started and stopped again. That was one of the reasons why the tunnel collapsed as the work had been on and off, which, if you know any details about this type of work, you'd know when moving mountains and creating tunnels, the soil has a limit. In Pakistan's case, these areas have mountains made out of soil that's like sand, so unless you put a concrete structure around it very quickly, if it sits there, it'll collapse. Go ask someone who lives in the northern part of your country. They'll tell you the same thing.
The project was completed over budget and still is behind schedule. For starters rather then fund laptops and useless vans for educated people who can not get jobs there should have been increased funding to these projects. And I visit the northern side on a near weekly basis seeing as I am Kashmiri. The job of the government is allocation of funds and streaming important projects, and as a nation we make excuses for them because we feel they are good for us some how. Staying in America it is easy to talk about delays and lack of electricity focusing on a longer term plan.

And I am not quoting wiki, I am telling you how it is in that area, based on my personal knowledge and experience. And I am not getting personal, I think people have a responsibility to themselves to post read / research before posting anything.
Research the delays from the project in these last two years because of lack of funds, tell me the projects that super-cede cheap electricity that should have been funded non stop ahead of these.

Pakistan try to invest own money to these projects. Unless you will have to buy electricity from Chinese and they will take your money back to China....not very good deal...
In India we spend money to own the entire project if it is made by foreign company....that way they are paid once only....and our money goes to Indian companies or India govt

my observations were apolitical and always have been. What you do not get to do is go personal with some one because of what they say. The project was delayed, we lost water due to this and the Neelum valley will suffer, and everyone including the present government is to blame because they let it happen. In the present Government work was halted many times due to lack of funds while funds were being spent on self glorification on the TV channels so before you assume something your self realise the people were not doing their job which is to provide adequate funding to projects more important to nation

The project was completed over budget and still is behind schedule. For starters rather then fund laptops and useless vans for educated people who can not get jobs there should have been increased funding to these projects. And I visit the northern side on a near weekly basis seeing as I am Kashmiri. The job of the government is allocation of funds and streaming important projects, and as a nation we make excuses for them because we feel they are good for us some how. Staying in America it is easy to talk about delays and lack of electricity focusing on a longer term plan.

Research the delays from the project in these last two years because of lack of funds, tell me the projects that super-cede cheap electricity that should have been funded non stop ahead of these.

You wrote me a book. Let me ask you, how many projects have you managed worth over $ 1 million? I'd like to see your experience, give me your credentials and I'll respectfully withdraw from this debate. I will however ask some questions if you answered that you have managed strategic projects.

You are out here putting people under the bus who are doing their best. Who in the ENTIRE history of your country had imagined of Pakistan getting $ 45 billion worth investment? And here is some silly details on "self glorification". Show me a few things with numbers where say a billion was spent in self glorification.

Someone told me that there is a time and place for everything. Negative people like you, have no such sense of time and place. This is a time when all of you, no matter what color, race, cast, party you belong to, should be looking at the future as a nation as you have an ample opportunity to change the ENTIRE destination of your country and yourselves, compared to how it was till a year and a half ago. But instead of welcoming someone actually working and creating opportunity, you are too busy pointing out silly, minor details, which have no value at a national level, where 200 million people's standard of living improves way beyond where it's been in the past 70 years!!

Wait what's with making a solar powered plant in Bahawalpur? Cholistan desert of Bahawalpur is well suited for a solar plant, you can't expect such a thing in, say, Swat can you?

And when Pakistan was formed, Bahwalpur state paid salaries of all state employees for 6 months from its treasury, what have Achakzais and Khattaks + their ancestors done for the country to act so entitled? And Bahawalpur is the long neglected region of Punjab and the natives there are Seraikis and Sindhis rather than proper Punjabis. Economically, Bahawalpur is as poor as interior Sindh and Balochistan.

Are you one of the Pashtunistan lovers on here??? Punjab did a LOT of work to get so much investment. If your beloved KPK's leaders had cared to do hard work, instead of stupid money, lives and time wasting "sit ins", I am sure they would be building many of these large projects by now too!!! Its leaders that take a country forward!

Greater Pukhtoonistan All the way from Amu Darya to Wagah, Capital Pekhawar, Ghilzai the King @Armstrong in charge of food and my personal harem.

No he blames one province for the incompetency of others.

P.S I am urdu speaker from Karachi and have no links with Punjab but I am rational. Always remember God helps those who helps themselves. The rulers of KPK, Balochistan and Sindh have given nothing to do their people so why should Punjab bares the consequences.

Atleast Punjabi rulers are sincere to their province. Now suck it up like a man and don't behave like a jealous bitch from KPK. I voted for PTI last time around but seriously I am thinking to vote some one else next time around. That retard Khattak last year even didn't bothered to visit China just because he can enjoy Imran Khan's dharna concert ...just depicts how much KPK rulers are serious with their province when it comes to development.

You have to understand the difference between provincial government and federal government. Nawaz is prime minister of Pakistan and it's his job to pay attention to the whole country not just Punjab.

i am a silent reader of this forum, just couldn't stop myself from posting ---
Is this our problem that CM's of other provinces don't work, why should we suffer if your elected representatives don't care for their people -

Please, for the love of God understand Nawaz is prime minister of Pakistan not just Punjab. If his brother is developing Punjab with federal governments help. NO matter how you spin it , it dosent look good.

Please, for the love of God understand Nawaz is prime minister of Pakistan not just Punjab. If his brother is developing Punjab with federal governments help. NO matter how you spin it , it dosent look good.

Now this called Spin --- Get the other CM's to work!!!
and for the love of God, Gawadar is in balochistan and not Punjab -- Plz stop dividing the nation on ethnic/provincial lines.

Last edited:
giphy (4).gif

OK bhai jaan, a quick question: Would you rather prefer almost everyone burning rubber, wood, plastic or whatever they can get their hands on to bake the bread? Or perhaps all the deafening generators running on diesel and petrol, so loud that you can't even hear yourself speaking when they runningl? Because this is what is happening and will keep happening if we do not quickly overcome the energy crises.....................
Thank you for this especially the bold part.

I see almost every house running a generator on gas/diesel/petrol. This is not sustainable and it is not only costing people but also the government. Every generator will need fuel (fuel imports go up), it will also need repair so more money spent (again not sustainable) costing everyone. Plus each generator is different capacity and 100% capacity is not utilized wasting more energy and so on...
Wouldn't it be better for the government/private sector to build gas power plants in each grid/sub grid level? This way the energy is produced where needed with greater efficiency and there would be very small line losses. This system would also provide electricity to everyone in that particular area. Combined cycle Gas turbine generators would be best as they have an efficiency of about 55-60% compare this to a normal diesel generator which is only about 40% efficient (even less when you add the issues I pointed above). Imagine the savings such a system could make on an individual level as well as national level...People only complain about problems but don't act to fix problems. Such projects can even be initiated at city level with people's cooperation.

Wapda can also introduce feed in metering by which every household could get their own solar panels and generate electricity. This way the power will most likely be used where it is produced hence low transmission losses and no need for extra transmission lines etc. This will also speed up the process of getting rid of power shortage (at least during the day).

The government can concentrate on bigger projects such as hydro and coal power plants. Pakistan will be facing water shortage in the coming years as the population is increasing and there are no reservoirs. Water reservoirs are the need of the hour. Pakistan should aim to have water reservoirs which could store at least 50 maf water. Currently the figure only stands at 15-17 maf (same figure as in 1975).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom