What's new

BAE System is hiring Engineers for the TF-X program

What about the ones with money? UAE, SA? Are they progressive ?
Yes somewhat, UAE is developing a technology industry but population is very small. I have many arab friends in Germany I discuss this with.

Didnt an arab man invent the semi conductor?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_M._Atalla

Sadly he doesnt come back to Egypt and he dont build the semi conductor industry in Egypt, while Habibie come back to Indonesia and build our aerospace industry and other strategic industries, including our research agencies. Even Habibie become Indonesia President during critical period where we transitioned from dictatorial into democracy. His son now is building an aerospace company (PT RAI) that will try to challenge ATR 72.

This is why I urge highly capable Muslims to come back and build their home country.

Sadly he doesnt come back to Egypt and he dont build the semi conductor industry in Egypt, while Habibie come back to Indonesia and build our aerospace industry and other strategic industries, including our research agencies. Even Habibie become Indonesia President during critical period where we transitioned from dictatorial into democracy. His son now is building an aerospace company (PT RAI) that will try to challenge ATR 72.

This is why I urge highly capable Muslims to come back and build their home country.
I have heard Canadians have gone back to Egypt but generally they stay in their country because it is better than their home countries. Probably 99% of all educated expats never go back to help their own country.

The issue is that TFX will be coming into service at a time when next gen fighters from USA/UK are likely to be imminently put into service.

If RR are willing to work with Turkey to co-develop the 6th gen engine, then Turkey should go for it. In parallel Turkey develops the F110 and later on a F119 class engines with of course some of the features of 6th gen engines if that is at all possible.

The right balance needs to be struck between indigenous fighter aircraft development and not compromising performance.

We are in 2020. That is a time scale that Human-being performed its best abilities to develop a 5th generation fighters in different geographies but Today, There is just one 5th generation that has passed into serial production phase and only partner costumers are recently taking delivery of them. This aircraft has a 30+ years of lifespan and deliveries will proceed for partner states around 8-10 years more. In this conditions, If you believe The world armies will shift on 6th generation by 2030, You are in a big failure my friend. It is not that simple. By 2030, Majority of World countries will proceed to use 4th generation aircrafts while some elite Western states will partially shift on 5th generation aircrafts and the best scenario for induction of an 6th generation aircraft may start around 2040-2045 for countries who developed their own aircrafts so If Turkey commence Tf-X production around 2030, It would be a good timing for 5th generation platform and proceed to develop futher generation aircraft based on Tf-X to catch the time of generation.

Besides, No one will share new turbine core or compressor tech with others so I don’t expect RR will do it for Turkey. As I said, We should firstly develop a reliable turbine core that will be equivalent of F110 and later, We will add on more features over it. Then, We will use this experience to develop more fuel efficient turbines (better range) that is going to generate more electricity power (advanced power for electronic warfare sensors and radar).

They're hiring because their top people are engaged in the real deal, the Tempest programme,they need someone for this side show to.

We are in 2020. That is a time scale that Human-being performed its best abilities to develop a 5th generation fighters in different geographies but Today, There is just one 5th generation that has passed into serial production phase and only partner costumers are recently taking delivery of them. This aircraft has a 30+ years of lifespan and deliveries will proceed for partner states around 8-10 years more. In this conditions, If you believe The world armies will shift on 6th generation by 2030, You are in a big failure my friend. It is not that simple. By 2030, Majority of World countries will proceed to use 4th generation aircrafts while some elite Western states will partially shift on 5th generation aircrafts and the best scenario for induction of an 6th generation aircraft may start around 2040-2045 for countries who developed their own aircrafts so If Turkey commence Tf-X production around 2030, It would be a good timing for 5th generation platform and proceed to develop futher generation aircraft based on Tf-X to catch the time of generation.

Besides, No one will share new turbine core or compressor tech with others so I don’t expect RR will do it for Turkey. As I said, We should firstly develop a reliable turbine core that will be equivalent of F110 and later, We will add on more features over it. Then, We will use this experience to develop more fuel efficient turbines (better range) that is going to generate more electricity power (advanced power for electronic warfare sensors and radar).

No only USA/UK and possibly China will move to 6th gen fighters in the 2030s.

Of course RR will not share the core tech of 6th gen engine but may join Turkey in co-developing one.
Take Safran(France) and GE(USA) who co-develop the LEAP engine. GE delivers the high-pressure turbine while Safran works on the less complex low-pressure core. GE keeps it’s high-pressure turbine core tech secret from the French.

It all depends on just what level of performance Turkey wants for the TFX in the 2030s-2040s.
The world of the 2030s could end up with a proliferation of relatively cheap but capable 5th gen fighters from countries like China etc. Turkey may want a fighter clearly superior to these.

Of course RR will not share the core tech of 6th gen engine but may join Turkey in co-developing one.
Take Safran(France) and GE(USA) who co-develop the LEAP engine. GE delivers the high-pressure turbine while Safran works on the less complex low-pressure core. GE keeps it’s high-pressure turbine core tech secret from the French.

It all depends on just what level of performance Turkey wants for the TFX in the 2030s-2040s.
The world of the 2030s could end up with a proliferation of relatively cheap but capable 5th gen fighters from countries like China etc. Turkey may want a fighter clearly superior to these.

5th generation standards are generated by west and Chinese aircrafts are not compatible with the tech frame Western states describes so Chinese 5th or 6th generation terms will always be an issue that will be debated by source and open platforms. That’s the reason I am not counting China inside this list. US may inteoduce an 6th generation by 2030 since they have a huge experience on previous efforts but It doesn’t mean they will open it for export markets. Same for Europe. I believe UK (officially planned 2035) will need more time than they have planned. France having better experience on aircraft programs, foreseens 2040 as an first induction so I believe taking 2040-2045 years will be more logical for initial service of an 6th generation in Europe.

IMO there will be not too different between 5 generation fighter and so called self proclaim 6 generation fighter in term of the shape of airframe which will be Stealthy. Too many Stealth feature shape will definately cost its maneuverability, this is why US ditch YF23 and chose YF 22 instead.

5 generation fighter will also be upgraded so there will still be competitive enough to challenge so called proclaimed 6 generation fighter IMO.

IMO there will be not too different between 5 generation fighter and so called self proclaim 6 generation fighter in term of the shape of airframe which will be Stealthy. Too many Stealth feature shape will definately cost its maneuverability, this is why US ditch YF23 and chose YF 22 instead.

5 generation fighter will also be upgraded so there will still be competitive enough to challenge so called proclaimed 6 generation fighter IMO.

Network centric warfare capability, advanced data processing ability, longer range, AI on desicion making- target detection-enemy engagements, unique self protection abilities and stealth fuselage make a platform better than others. The generation term is describing which level of these features are being used on platforms that is able to perform all these so I also believe that A fighter that was designed to perform 5th generation features will be updated for 6th generation.

Then we'll talk about it again,soon.
So,you agree that there is only one fifth gen fighter in serial production currently?
Man kann ja auch mal zugeben wen man falsch liegt.
No, I still think it is fifth gen but not using Chinese engine but Russian one. It is different operational method then F-22 and is used against tankers and AWACS.

BAe is making Tempest fighter jet for British air force but they'll never sell the design to Turkey unless Turkey pays them 100 billion USD for it.

Back
Top Bottom