What's new

Babur Cruise Missile - Database

ASAT weapons are capable of destryoing sats only in the Low Earth orbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia......

The contries which posses this capability right now are US , soviet union and china ...

No country has the capabilty to destroy sats in the Geostationary orbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its not a matter of can or cannot...
There are international treaties barring nations from persuing space warfare capabilities and developed nations have billions of dollars worth satellites up there,so they abide by those treaties...

Satellites are high and fast but predictable.
Satellites maintain their orbit and their position at any given time can be known precisely.
And you dont need a big massive warhead to destroy it either,just a launcher with escape velocity,which can be rather small..

ASAT weapons are capable of destryoing sats only in the Low Earth orbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia......

The contries which posses this capability right now are US , soviet union and china ...

No country has the capabilty to destroy sats in the Geostationary orbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't wanna go into the discussion but I guess U are totally mistaken my friend in ure assumptions.U shold checkout with any missile developer scientist or engineer.........:lol:

I don't wanna go into the discussion but I guess U are totally mistaken my friend in ure assumptions.U shold checkout with any missile developer scientist or engineer.........:lol:

I am no missile developer or scientist but why dont you give the details............

Its not a matter of can or cannot...
There are international treaties barring nations from persuing space warfare capabilities and developed nations have billions of dollars worth satellites up there,so they abide by those treaties...

Satellites are high and fast but predictable.
Satellites maintain their orbit and their position at any given time can be known precisely.
And you dont need a big massive warhead to destroy it either,just a launcher with escape velocity,which can be rather small..

Read post 104

I am no missile developer or scientist but why dont you give the details............

Read post 104
Use common sense..
A man made rocket takes the satellite to that altitude...
Can the payload be changed with warhead? So yes it can be done,but not being done and no new technology is needed.

Read post # 109 by Safriz
It gives very simple and clear answer for ure inquisitions about the anti GEO sattelite technology......:smokin:

Babur Missile uses a combination of various guidance systems in order to ensure a fail safe mission accomplishment.

The Babur's guidance system uses a combination of inertial navigation systems, terrain contour matching (TERCOM), Digital Scene Matching and Area Co-relation (DSMAC) and GPS satellite guidance.

The last two threads only discuss Geo Satellites and whether these can be destroyed or not and blah blah blah..

Guys, please do not derail this, lets stay focused and post if we have any information related to BABUR missile..

thanks and best regards!

can rafi's thread merged here? The one about naval version of babur?

i have observed whenever booster of babur separates and engine takes control. . this process happens in mili seconds. how come this change of phase is so smooth and so fast, there is no slight variation in missile altitude i.e missle loosing height during booster separation and engine starting? Does engine starts so fast that it took over the control in fraction of second?

or is it the case engine is already in start mode and whenever booster separates it takes over the control?

Second question. Booster seapartes after attaining desired height. Wings deployed automatically when launched. Which thing in cruise missile controlling all these operations and weather this operation instructions are stored in cruise missile memory i.e hard coded instructions i.e. After certain height perform this function etc etc? Or missile takes decision on run time and deploys wing and other things by judging the readings of INS and comparing these readings with parameters defined which if are met than do this operation if not continue attaining height??

And last but not the least. The flying altitude? Is it hard coded too or missile decide on run time at how much he has to fly?

One more thing we keep ignoring while discussing Anti missile systems being used against Babur..
Is the Babur's ability to navigate around the misile defences..Its "Waypoint to waypoint" navigation..
It can be pre programmed to navigate through a set of co-ordinates as in Latitude Longitudes of a pre planned route with the missile taking positioning information from Beidou Satellite navigation system,and can navigate around the areas known to be defended with SAMs or other systems used to destroy cruise missiles... or navigate Via landmarks using INS,DSMAC..Such as turn right at this mountain range and left at that mountain peak or town... (one of the reasons why cruise missiles are seldom fired over barren terrain)...
So yes..for Babur there is high probability to avaid enemy defences by navigating waypoint to waypoint around the defences and hit the target.

i have observed whenever booster of babur separates and engine takes control. . this process happens in mili seconds. how come this change of phase is so smooth and so fast, there is no slight variation in missile altitude i.e missle loosing height during booster separation and engine starting? Does engine starts so fast that it took over the control in fraction of second?
The thrust of the booster motor is very high, so it pushes the missile with enough momentum that it has enough time to deploy wings, drop the air-intake and start the engine. No, the engine doesn't has enough thrust to take immediate control. Babur is subsonic (~Mach 0.7-0.8) but IMO the booster gives it more velocity than required, so after deploying the wings it can continue a stable flight till it slows down. In the meantime the engine starts.
No, the engine is not in "start mode" already.

Second question. Booster seapartes after attaining desired height. Wings deployed automatically when launched. Which thing in cruise missile controlling all these operations and weather this operation instructions are stored in cruise missile memory i.e hard coded instructions i.e. After certain height perform this function etc etc? Or missile takes decision on run time and deploys wing and other things by judging the readings of INS and comparing these readings with parameters defined which if are met than do this operation if not continue attaining height??

The Missile's Mission Computer controls these things. Yes, they are hard-coded.
Only the guys who are involved in the program would know this, but my guess is that this operation is done by the activation of some G-switches and Pressure sensors etc.

And last but not the least. The flying altitude? Is it hard coded too or missile decide on run time at how much he has to fly?
The whole TERCOM map is fed to the missile upon receiving the target package instructions by the launch crew. So it is a run-time thing.

can rafi's thread merged here? The one about naval version of babur?
no issues but i personally think we should wait till the news is confirmed and something materialize.
as for now it is more of a rumor and a perfect Troll Field so we better keep that away for time being.
we are all actively participating there. once the things materialize, we can merge the threads or at least share information.

One more thing we keep ignoring while discussing Anti missile systems being used against Babur..
Is the Babur's ability to navigate around the misile defences..Its "Waypoint to waypoint" navigation..
It can be pre programmed to navigate through a set of co-ordinates as in Latitude Longitudes of a pre planned route with the missile taking positioning information from Beidou Satellite navigation system,and can navigate around the areas known to be defended with SAMs or other systems used to destroy cruise missiles... or navigate Via landmarks using INS,DSMAC..Such as turn right at this mountain range and left at that mountain peak or town... (one of the reasons why cruise missiles are seldom fired over barren terrain)...
So yes..for Babur there is high probability to avaid enemy defences by navigating waypoint to waypoint around the defences and hit the target.
the stealthier design along with low flight altitude makes it a bit hard to detect in first place. But, this is not THE STEALTH missile, so even if detect (that it may well be) the points as you mentioned above all help evade enemy missile defense!

regards!

set

Pause the video at 0:22

You notice the target and the missile about to hit it..
The target is small,may be a disused tank or APC...although a Cruise missile is normally use to hit a Building sized target...Being able to hit a small target shows accuracy of the platform......
The other thing we notice is the final angle of approach of the missile...
It does not rise and dive as many other Cruise missiles so in final stage...But we do notice that the angle is very shallow,so it does remain very close to ground and relies on terrain hugging for detection prevention...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pause the video at 0:22

You notice the target and the missile about to hit it..
The target is small,may be a disused tank or APC...although a Cruise missile is normally use to hit a Building sized target...Being able to hit a small target shows accuracy of the platform......
The other thing we notice is the final angle of approach of the missile...
It does not rise and dive as many other Cruise missiles so in final stage...But we do notice that the angle is very shallow,so it does remain very close to ground and relies on terrain hugging for detection prevention...

No, its not a target. Its just a bush, and there are hundreds of them around the area. Don't jump to conclusions because of the crappy video quality.
The video has been cut from many parts. They didn't show when it dived after 0:21 (that altitude is pretty high).
Yes, Babur descends and flies in the terrain hugging mode in the terminal stage of the flight.

No, its not a target. Its just a bush, and there are hundreds of them around the area. Don't jump to conclusions because of the crappy video quality.
The video has been cut from many parts. They didn't show when it dived after 0:21 (that altitude is pretty high).
Yes, Babur descends and flies in the terrain hugging mode in the terminal stage of the flight.

yup..thanks for correcting me..
the target is visible at 0:24..and at 0:26 you see some dust/smoke rising from target..
the target is small...

yup..thanks for correcting me..
the target is visible at 0:24..and at 0:26 you see some dust/smoke rising from target..
the target is small...

I assure you, there wasn't any specific target except the target area. The video was already not professionally captured, and the quality worsened by the distributor. What you see is a pixelated bush and dirt mound, nothing else.
Furthermore, Babur is not an Anti-Tank missile, and the test does not requires placement of a target at the impact point. It has a primary nuclear role, and the present system is closest to what is required for that. Besides, it would be an airburst in that case.

It is not smoke, just the sand being thrown off when the missile made the impact. The target-hitting section of the video is in slow-motion.

Back
Top Bottom