What's new

Babur Cruise Missile - Database

For now Chinese navigation system Beidou will do the job for Pakistani military needs...
In an end game scenario the American GPS satellires and Russian GLONASS can be shot down,but chinese Beidou will be much harder to be disabked as it has Geostationary satellites flying at 27000 kilometers,well out of reach of any missile.
And you think you can shoot down US and Russia's and future Indian regional navigation system satellite. If you shoot US and Russia's satellite, do you think you can get away with it. And as far as I remember Pakistan don't have ASAT capability.

And you think you can shoot down US and Russia's and future Indian regional navigation system satellite. If you shoot US and Russia's satellite, do you think you can get away with it. And as far as I remember Pakistan don't have ASAT capability.

Satellites in GEO orbits CANNOT be shot down.

Satellites in GEO orbits CANNOT be shot down.
Tell that to person who said they can. Only LEO satelite can be shot down, only US and China has demonstrated this ability, India just stated they too can as Agni-V would be used but India said they won't risk other satellites sincetest results in thousands of debris, and opted for simulation study to test their capability.

I didnt mention Pakistan or any other country,and didnt name a weapon system.
I was on about pissibility based on existing technolgy.

My bad...but it is not easy to bring down these satellites as they travel thousands of km/hr. Way higher than any current system except US and China can, Russia and India may be....

Existing Technology?

Is there any technology available today that can bring down the likes of GPS and company?

Existing Technology?

Is there any technology available today that can bring down the likes of GPS and company?
Direct Energy Weapons, Laser....US recently test high energy Laser.....

For now Chinese navigation system Beidou will do the job for Pakistani military needs...
But I don't think right now Beidou system is capable enough to cover every part of the globe....I guess its short of some sattelites to cover it up . yea maybe within next couple of years, possible........:smokin:

Direct Energy Weapons, Laser....US recently test high energy Laser.....

No mention of taking out a GEO satellite or even research towards it but may possible down the line with more deducated research.

Examples

Made by Northrop Grumman:
On March 18, 2009 Northrop Grumman announced that its engineers in Redondo Beach had successfully built and tested an electric laser capable of producing a 100-kilowatt ray of light, powerful enough to destroy cruise missiles, artillery, rockets and mortar rounds.[8] An electric laser is theoretically capable, according to Brian Strickland, manager for the United States Army's Joint High Power Solid State Laser program, of being mounted in an aircraft, ship, or vehicle because it requires much less space for its supporting equipment than a chemical laser.[9]
On April 6, 2011, the U.S. Navy successfully tested a laser gun, manufactured by Northrop Grumman, that was mounted on the former USS Paul Foster, which is currently used as the navy's test ship. When engaged during the test that occurred off the coast of Central California in the Pacific Ocean test range, the laser gun was documented as having "a destructive effect on a high-speed cruising target," said Chief of Naval Research Admiral Nevin Carr.[10] While classified, the range of the laser gun is attributed to miles, not yards.
Northrop Grumman has announced the availability of a high-energy solid-state laser weapon system that they call FIRESTRIKE, introduced on 13 November 2008. The system is modular, using 15 kW modules that can be combined to provide various levels of power.

On 19 July 2010 an anti-aircraft laser described as the Laser Close-In Weapon System was unveiled at the Farnborough Airshow.[11]

The Zeus laser weapon is the first laser and the first energy weapon of any type to be used on a battlefield. It is used for neutralizing mines and unexploded ordnance.
Laser Area Defense System.
The Mid-Infrared Advanced Chemical Laser (MIRACL) is an experimental U.S. Navy deuterium fluoride laser and was tested against an Air Force satellite in 1997.
In 2011, the U.S. Navy began to test the Maritime Laser Demonstrator (MLD), a laser for use aboard its warships.[12][13]
Personnel Halting and Stimulation Response, or PHaSR, is a non-lethal hand-held weapon developed by the United States Air Force [14] Its purpose is to "dazzle" or stun a target. It was developed by Air Force's Directed Energy Directorate.
Tactical High Energy Laser (THEL) is a weaponized deuterium fluoride laser developed in a joint research project by Israel and the U.S. It is designed to shoot down aircraft and missiles. See also National missile defense.
The U.S. Air Force's Airborne Laser, or Advanced Tactical Laser, is a plan to mount a CO2 gas laser or COIL chemical laser on a modified Boeing 747 to shoot down missiles.[15][16]
Portable Efficient Laser Testbed (PELT)[17]
Laser AirCraft CounterMeasures (ACCM)
See also Electrolaser#Examples of electrolasers.

Directed-energy weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am taking about future weapons........there was a thread on PDF where new high power laser was discussed and if I remember correctly, it was in range of gigawatts....but the pu pluse duration was very short. Sustained laser in future will be the potential weapons against satellites.

I am taking about future weapons........there was a thread on PDF where new high power laser was discussed and if I remember correctly, it was in range of gigawatts....but the pu pluse duration was very short. Sustained laser in future will be the potential weapons against satellites.

Several years away...until then the our assets in GEO are quite safe.

Several years away...until then the our assets in GEO are quite safe.
If they manage to develop Laser with very minute angle of deviation, higher energy with subsequently longer time period, GEO will be the easy target as they stationary wrto the earth(Geo Synchonous).

But you are right, may be it would take years, but US and China are known for their surprises.

If they manage to develop Laser with very minute angle of deviation, higher energy with subsequently longer time period, GEO will be the easy target as they stationary wrto the earth(Geo Synchonous).

But you are right, may be it would take years, but US and China are known for their surprises.
Yea ure GEO sattelites are safe for now from us only but they are under the target of US and China ..........:smokin:

Yea ure GEO sattelites are safe for now from us only but they are under the target of US and China ..........:smokin:
Do you know how gar GEO satellites are from the surface of earth.....:azn:

35,786 km.:woot:..does any missile has this range:drag:

Back
Top Bottom