What's new

Babur Cruise Missile - Database

sorry, i cant. The above provided data is all collected from various sources and then i got it verified from two different persons from the field. Never got to discuss these details about engine. Will see if i can catch them again and get to know this.
However, it is of Chinese origin and as far as i got from my discussion, it is being locally produced now.

regards!

At zouhai air show there were many small engines on display,so yes that is highly plausible.
Saying that,there is always a chance of using an improved engine and increasing the range.

viewer

We had a little discussion about Babur SLCM possibility for being launched from Agosta-Khalid class submarines out of existing 21 inch torpedo tubes..
here
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...e-acquire-these-kinds-subs-6.html#post3698816

Please continue the discussion here...
@Penguin came up with the issue of canister launch..
There is enough evidence of Tomahawk (same dimensions as babur) being launched from standard 21 inch Torpedo tubes..But how tube launcvh system can be incorporated without increasing the requirement for Torpedo tube size..
@farhan_9909 mentioned that a later version of Kahlid class sub has the larger 26.5 inch torpedo tube.

what are the chances of Khalid class submarine firing Babur missile...Mention technical problems and solutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a little discussion about Babur SLCM possibility for being launched from Agosta-Khalid class submarines out of existing 21 inch torpedo tubes..
here
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...e-acquire-these-kinds-subs-6.html#post3698816

Please continue the discussion here...
@Penguin came up with the issue of canister launch..
There is enough evidence of Tomahawk (same dimensions as babur) being launched from standard 21 inch Torpedo tubes..But how tube launcvh system can be incorporated without increasing the requirement for Torpedo tube size..
@farhan_9909 mentioned that a later version of Kahlid class sub has the larger 26.5 inch torpedo tube.

what are the chances of Khalid class submarine firing Babur missile...Mention technical problems and solutions.

The Agosta 90B submarine is fitted with four bow 533mm torpedo tubes and has the capacity to carry a mixed load of up to 16 torpedoes and missiles.
SSK Agosta 90B Class Submarine - Naval Technology

So in principal it can carry 16 Babur's (if no other weapons - such as SM39 Exocet, UGM-84 Harpoon, ECAN F17 mod 2 wireguided torpedo are carried). Realistically, they would carry 4-8 AShM, 0-4 Babur LACM, 8 dual role (ASuW/ASW) torpedoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Obviously such small numbers cannot contribute much to second strike capability

4 Babur SLCM is pretty good..even the dolphin class submarine of israel navy has only 4 torpedo tubes of 655mm diameter

If each Babur can carry upto 450kg warhead(nuclear warhead equivalent of 30-35kt tnt)..this can bring one hell alot of destruction.i mean the nuclear warhead of Babur must be of plutonium.

the one used on japan was just 20-22kt equivalent of tnt

Back
Top Bottom