What's new

Babur 3 only a Stop-Gap, Pakistan needs real SLBM

We should be able to target USA , with Ultrasonic Cruise missiles. :D

But that for warheads not for extra special jet engine, its required different kind of safety measure than nuclear warheads
make it two stage. first stage solid state rocket. get it over India and fire the cruise engine.

and that aircraft carrier you keep pining for. :partay:
detonate a tactical nuke low yield in the upper atmosphere above the carrier use the emp and carrier and all the jets will be disabled

@MilSpec , @amardeep mishra

No need to engage with 'experts' having newly found love for complex weapon systems.

Also, all of you are wrong about the cap on K-15. Since it has a slimmer upper body, the ejection gases cannot build up enough pressure. The wide nose is there to plug in the gases till the missile gains enough momentum.
My theory. :enjoy:
As I said it's for hermetic seal.

@MilSpec , @amardeep mishra

No need to engage with 'experts' having newly found love for complex weapon systems.

Also, all of you are wrong about the cap on K-15. Since it has a slimmer upper body, the ejection gases cannot build up enough pressure. The wide nose is there to plug in the gases till the missile gains enough momentum.
My theory. :enjoy:
Hi! @The Deterrent
As I have explained in my previous posts,since our missiles(SLBMs) do not possess a telescopic aerospike,they need a "blunt" nose cap to allow for a favorable hydrodynamic configuration. However once the missile clears off water,it doesnt require that anymore hence it(blunt nose cap) is ejected right after missiles comes out of water. it is like this--a blunt tear drop shape similar to torpedos is more favourable from hydrodynamics perspective whereas a pointed nose favors better aerodynamics. In western SLBMs like trident and M-51(french) --they have a telescopic aerospike. So,for under water motion of the missile,they have the blunt nose and as soon as the missile clears water,telescopic aerospike comes out to the full position. India too will have telescopic aerospike in next SLBM--i.e K-5. In fact not a lot of people know that K-5 project has superseded Agni-5 project in terms of priority!

Also,amazingly the diameter of K-4 is 1.3m which is roughly of the same size as that of shaheen series(2 and 3)(1.4m)!However the difference lies in weight and length of two systems-- former is a compact missile with length 12m(and weight of just 17t) whereas latter is taller with 17.5m and weight of 25t(almost the same length as Agni-5).

Last edited:
Developing a SLCM with 4000 km of range is really difficult..for that you need excellent engine and the missile will be quite a bit longer and larger in diameter so I think an optimal SLCM will be with range between 1500 to 2500 km.
But with SLBM longer ranges are possible but will be limited by the capacity of the carrying platform i.e. SSBN.

SLCM is difficult to built but not impossible.

Hi! @The Deterrent
As I have explained in my previous posts,since our missiles(SLBMs) do not possess a telescopic aerospike,they need a "blunt" nose cap to allow for a favorable hydrodynamic configuration. However once the missile clears off water,it doesnt require that anymore hence it is ejected right after missiles comes out of water. it is like this--a blunt tear drop shape similar to torpedos is more favourable from hydrodynamics perspective whereas a pointed nose favors better aerodynamics. In western SLBMs like trident and M-51(french) --they have a telescopic aerospike. So,for under water motion of the missile,they have the blunt nose and as soon as the missile clears water,telescopic aerospike comes out to the full position. India too will have telescopic aerospike in next SLBM--i.e K-5. In fact not a lot of people know that K-5 project has superseded Agni-5 project in terms of priority!
You said this dude @The Deterrent was a pro but his theory is the most ridiculous I have ever heard.

Hi! @The Deterrent
As I have explained in my previous posts,since our missiles(SLBMs) do not possess a telescopic aerospike,they need a "blunt" nose cap to allow for a favorable hydrodynamic configuration. However once the missile clears off water,it doesnt require that anymore hence it(blunt nose cap) is ejected right after missiles comes out of water. it is like this--a blunt tear drop shape similar to torpedos is more favourable from hydrodynamics perspective whereas a pointed nose favors better aerodynamics. In western SLBMs like trident and M-51(french) --they have a telescopic aerospike. So,for under water motion of the missile,they have the blunt nose and as soon as the missile clears water,telescopic aerospike comes out to the full position.
If thats the case, why does Shauriya (land-based K-15) also have the same configuration? It is really hard to believe that it's only for operational similarity within systems.

You said this dude @The Deterrent was a pro but his theory is the most ridiculous I have ever heard.
At least it is a lot less ridiculous than these:
A system with no air intake has a ramjet.
Iran has solid-fueled cruise missiles with 2000-3000km range.
A turbofan has no exhaust signature.

Uncle google pe hath hola rakho.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom