What's new

Baba Ramdev to address 500,000 Deobandi Maulanas

^^^ Hmm .. you quoted my post? You have a problem? Tell us what you know about Yoga.
Do I have a problem? Of course not. Jokes are meant to be enjoyed, not to be taken seriously. :cheesy:

As with yoga, I guess it is something we sit on, or is it something we eat. I keep forgetting.:hang2:

How come he is in bad shape than? :undecided:

I suggest Martial Art over yoga. :tup:

Both are like East n West ....
Martial Arts = Self Protection / Defence and Fighting Art
Yoga = Health Maintenance

Yoga has evolved in different forms.
You need Yoga or its Evolved forms to be a Good Martial Artist.
Yoga is like excercise some thing we all need, every one has to do Its a Kinda Must for a healty life.

Martial Arts Either .. u know why.

This person looks so unfit himself

anyway a person who starts his yoga by reciting vande mataram lolzz how can Muslims take his practice as an exercise and not something else

Some people just comment just for the sake of commenting or just because he is a Hindu. The person cannot even understand why 500,000 Muslims would agree his session on Yoga.

Unfit? What are you waffling about?

6fbd5f45c4be2a7a294cef2b43ef2d6c.jpg

He's probably a dozen times fitter than half the internet warriors on here.

Some people just comment just for the sake of commenting or just because he is a Hindu. The person cannot even understand why 500,000 Muslims would agree his session on Yoga.

The Hindu man should have been teaching Yoga not his religiouse beliefs and for your information not 500,000 Muslims but the organisers of the event had agreed to invite him that too for Yoga session not for reciting his religiouse hymns.

Avoid Ramdev's yoga camp, it begins with 'Vande Mataram': Darool to Muslims

PTI 7 November 2009, 05:44pm IST
Print Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Comment Text Size: |

MUZAFFARNAGAR: Four days after Ramdev demonstrated 'pranayam' and a Hindu priest recited Vedic hymns at a meet of Muslim clerics at Deoband, Islamic
seminary Darul Uloom issued a directive asking Muslims to avoid a camp run by the yoga guru as it begins with the singing of ‘Vande Mataram’.

"Singing of Vande Mataram is a prayer and against Islamic law as Muslims cannot offer prayers to anyone except Allah. Muslims should not sing Vande Mataram," said Mufti Ehsan Kazmi, deputy-in-charge of Darul Uloom's fatwa department.

He, however, said yoga can be practised as an exercise.

Another cleric Mufti Ehsan also said Muslims should refrain from singing ‘Vande Mataram’ during the yoga camp.

Darul Uloom had issued an edict which opposed any prayer involving ‘Vande Mataram’ and it was supported by top Muslim body Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind at its 30th general assembly at Deoband.
More than two lakh clerics and students watched Ramdev's demonstration.

Incidentally, the 143-year-old influential seminary Darool had in the past issued a fatwa in favour of yoga after some clerics banned Muslims from practising it.

Avoid Ramdev's yoga camp, it begins with 'Vande Mataram': Darool to Muslims - India - The Times of India

The Hindu man should have been teaching Yoga not his religiouse beliefs and for your information not 500,000 Muslims but the organisers of the event had agreed to invite him that too for Yoga session not for reciting his religiouse hymns.

PTI 7 November 2009, 05:44pm IST
Print Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Comment Text Size: |

MUZAFFARNAGAR: Four days after Ramdev demonstrated 'pranayam' and a Hindu priest recited Vedic hymns at a meet of Muslim clerics at Deoband, Islamic
seminary Darul Uloom issued a directive asking Muslims to avoid a camp run by the yoga guru as it begins with the singing of ‘Vande Mataram’.

"Singing of Vande Mataram is a prayer and against Islamic law as Muslims cannot offer prayers to anyone except Allah. Muslims should not sing Vande Mataram," said Mufti Ehsan Kazmi, deputy-in-charge of Darul Uloom's fatwa department.

He, however, said yoga can be practised as an exercise.

Another cleric Mufti Ehsan also said Muslims should refrain from singing ‘Vande Mataram’ during the yoga camp.

Darul Uloom had issued an edict which opposed any prayer involving ‘Vande Mataram’ and it was supported by top Muslim body Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind at its 30th general assembly at Deoband.
More than two lakh clerics and students watched Ramdev's demonstration.

Incidentally, the 143-year-old influential seminary Darool had in the past issued a fatwa in favour of yoga after some clerics banned Muslims from practising it.

Avoid Ramdev's yoga camp, it begins with 'Vande Mataram': Darool to Muslims - India - The Times of India

You just want to derail the thread don't you ? I responded to your post on his being unfit.
Singing Vande mataram is not part of thread title there is a separate thread on that.

offtopic reply to offtoic post of yours-

He starts his session by singing Vande Mataram as it is a national song. There is no compulsion to sing Vande mataram. Who believes in these fatwa anyway ?

But I thought you really hate TOI.

Belly out? Yes Sir!

645f596abd07c9df861778554990e491.jpg

P.S. Nothing "Unislamic" about Vande Mataram. Javed Akthar, Abdul Kalam, A R Rahman have all sang it. These Maulanas are unnecessarily creating fuss.

You just want to derail the thread don't you ? I responded to your post on his being unfit.
Singing Vande mataram is not part of thread title there is a separate thread on that.

offtopic reply to offtoic post of yours-

He starts his session by singing Vande Mataram as it is a national song. There is no compulsion to sing Vande mataram. Who believes in these fatwa anyway ?

But I thought you really hate TOI.

Not all off topic. I have posted the news with link . It is very much related to this topic. It is linked to this Ramdave's exercise classes to Muslims.

I havent heard in the world that any fitness/exercise class/session is started with singing of any national song.

Go tell this to anyone and everyone either would laugh of suspect the intention of such an instructor.

Post-Colonial: we had already discussed whether it is unislamic or not. It is very much Un-Islamic to sing that and do not tell me about filmi people they even married Hindus so that does not make it Islamic.

Belly out? Yes Sir!

645f596abd07c9df861778554990e491.jpg

P.S. Nothing "Unislamic" about Vande Mataram. Javed Akthar, Abdul Kalam, A R Rahman have all sang it. These Maulanas are unnecessarily creating fuss.

Do not tell us about movie people they even married hindus which is not permited in Islam. They even practice hindu rituals which are not Islamic.

And Oh belly out in Still i did not find him even near to be smart :)

Actually, chanting of specific Sanskrit Mantras is supposed to have Pranic effects, and plays a specific role in the awakening of the spinal Chakras.

Therefore, changing the chants is generally not recommended.

Baba Halaku Khan, we appreciate your feedback but Baba Ram Dev is apparently the SME on Yoga and religious scholars (ulema-e-din) are the SMEs on Islam so I will stick with their oppnions.

Indians should be happy that this event can serve as bringing two major communities in India close - why create fuss over the mantra?

Back
Top Bottom