What's new

Azerbaijan renews interest in the JF-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup JF17 is direct competition to the mig29's who's sales number definitely took a hit in the last 2 years.

problem isn't the mig29, the issue is most countries are looking for jets that don't have any sanctions. This is where the jf17 becomes the automatic choice

True. Also, MiG-29 are notoriously expensive and complex to maintain. It is a decent aircraft, but it has solid competition. JF-17 is without a shadow of a doubt a direct competitor of the MiG-29.

Last edited:
True. Also, MiG-29 are notoriously expensive and complex to maintain. It is a decent aircraft, but it has solid competition.
once the turkish f16's shot down a couple of migs near the border region i think that was also the final nail in the coffin for the 29's

Indians were not happy that the russians let the mig get gunned down on easily and live infront of cameras.

once the turkish f16's shot down a couple of migs near the border region i think that was also the final nail in the coffin for the 29's

Indians were not happy that the russians let the mig get gunned down on easily and live infront of cameras.
MiG-29 SHOT DOWN BY AN F-16

Same would happen here in south asia.

MiG-29 is done and dusted. The air frame is very decent and full of potential as is the case with Fulcrums. One hell of a maneuverability. Basically, 4th gen engineering with 3rd gen hardware and that has been its Achilles' heel all along. The Russians have better planes on offer, but they are also more expensive. This is where the JF-17 wins it hands down. With JF-17 Block III round the corner we can expect some serious competition.

Last edited:
JF-17 is a capable and cheap platform to maintain. Beside azeris many have showed interest. Lets see will anyone sign a deal or just interests?
MiG-29 SHOT DOWN BY AN F-16
Turkey did shot down Russian Su-34 (not su-29).

Can we fulfill our own demand?

Last I checked, we are barely producing 16 a year. Block III will probably start next year or the year after and we will start with 10/ year.

I don't know how will we deliver if the interest of just one country converts into an agreement.

Guys, don't go mad at me but i see this "Azerbaijan interested in JF-17" every now and then. And this claim seems to belong to Pakistanis....I'm not saying these articles/news are wrong but i have yet to see an independent Azerbaijani source confirming this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom