What's new

Avoid cow slaughter on Eid to respect Hindu sentiments: Darul Uloom Deoband

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am a hindu and a non vegetarian , i am trying really hard to stop eating non veg , not because of any hindu beliefs or sentiments , rather because i have realised that killing an innocent animal is cruelty .........
Well life is cruel, we are on top of the food chain, and we do need to eat others.
Will you call a cat cruel for eating mouse?

The same without pork

Pork sandwitches anyone

What appologetic behaviour. this is called respectful of your countrymen but i dont hope that you will understand it because you come from a nation where people are discriminated on the basis of religon on the constitutional basis. so such concepts are alien to you.

Yes and such campaigns should be promoted in a peaceful way.

Indeed

HINDUS or anyone else has no right to stop any from eating beef .... beef is part of human food .
They must restrict their religion to themselves.

Ms divya said she like pork , she can eat it no one is going to stop her.

beef,pork,lamb,etc are all included in meat

Pork is not considered meat to us. It is forbidden to eat. God has forbid the eating of Pork since Judaism and Islam being part of the lineage of the Abrahamic religions the same rule applies to us.

Your analogy would not work because no Muslim would enforce no pork eating rule on Non Muslims where as you people are trying to stop Muslims from their religious ritual.

Cow slaugter is not mandatory but sacrificing a pet is the ritual not specifically a cow.... So as i said there should be mutual respect.

HINDUS or anyone else has no right to stop any from eating beef .... beef is part of human food .

who stopped them from eating beef,they can import it from pakistan
for the ritual just kill a goat instead of cow

Anyways we are following on the footsteps of Prophet Abraham when he saw in his dreams that he slaughtered his son Ishmael and Abraham dreams were messages from God but God was only testing his faith so when he was about to sacrifice his son his knife wouldn't cut and God told him he passed the test of faith and instead he gave him 2 Sheep from heaven. Hajj and all its rituals go back to Abraham to relive his absolute faith moments and one of those rituals is sacrificing a sheep in the name of God and give thid of its meat to the poor.
I am not sure how much significance that story holds as a moral in modern day arabia. I understand there should be freedom of religion and all, so I would not call for a ban on ritual slaughter.
At least people should be forced to eat all the slaughtered animals.

who stopped them from eating beef,they can import it from pakistan
for the ritual just kill a goat instead of cow
What is wrong with people killing cow and eating in India? It is not your cow, right?

The same reason Pakistan was made.

Quaid e Azam wanted a country where Muslims would be free to practice their religion & their religious beleifs with equal opportunities to non Muslims, this is other sad story that our non muslim Pakistani brothers have not been given their due rights.

BTW it was good for those Muslims who migrated to Pakistan, the stuck ones will live in fear forever.

Pork is not considered meat to us. It is forbidden to eat. God has forbid the eating of Pork since Judaism and Islam being part of the lineage of the Abrahamic religions the same rule applies to us.

so its just your way of defining meat not the world way

No one is asking you to stop eating beef or pork or whatever you like but the gesture of the maulana is out of the mutual respect for the hindus. one can only imagine what would happen if a pakistani hindu just slaughters a pig in front of a masjid but then again he should be allowed to do so for he is a hindu....

PS: i am a non veg turned into a vegetarian for all living creatures have right to live and there is no need to kill a being when you have abundant food available

This is very unreasonable imho. Hindu sentiments ? Well what about Muslim sentiments ?

Eid is one of the few occasions for celebration and traditionally having beef on this day forms an important part of the celebration and certainly every community should be able to celebrate freely , as per their beliefs.

I don't see Jains and Buddhists or Vegetarians object much when say we enjoy Chicken/Fish curry at the feast on the last day of Durga Puja.

I respect the Maulana Saheb's views very much and admire his noble intention but imho asking our fellow citizens to lessen their celebration in accordance with our beliefs , isn't pleasant.

Both sides of peoples need some essential places for doing religious practices.... :butcher:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom