What's new

Avoid cow slaughter on Eid, suggests Dar-ul-Uloom India)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghareeb_Da_Baal

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Avoid cow slaughter on Eid, suggests Dar-ul-Uloom

Fri, Dec 5 07:40 PM

Leading Islamic seminary Dar-ul-Uloom has suggested to Muslims in the country that they avoid slaughtering cows on Eid-ul-Azha as a mark of respect to the religious beliefs of Hindus.

The appeal has been supported by the All India Organisation of Imams of Mosques (AIOIM), which had earlier asked Muslims to put black ribbons on their shoulders as a symbol of their solidarity and grief for the victims of the Mumbai terror attacks.

In a booklet detailing the concept of 'qurbani' or sacrifice on the occasion of Bakri-Eid, brought out by Deoband-based Dar-ul-Uloom, the seminary has advised Muslims to refrain from sacrificing cows to avoid hurting sentiments of the Hindus.

"They (Muslims) may slaughter other animals that are approved by the Shariah," the booklet said, asking Muslims to respect the sentiments of other Indians.

Established in 1866, Dar-ul-Uloom is the most respected school of Islamic teaching in the subcontinent.

AIOIM President Hazrat Moulana Jameel Ahmed Ilyasi said slaughtering cows hurts the sentiments of Hindus and 'we should not do anything that will disturb communal harmony in the country.'

Ilyasi also asked Imams all around the country to pray for the victims of the Mumbai terror attacks during Eid prayers and express solidarity with Mumbaikars.

"They should pray to the Almighty during Eid prayers for restoring peace in the country," Ilyasi said.

Here is a response to this new from a Muslim in indai who apparently according to some Mian here is better off as a muslim in India .
" you call it stupid
but you should have seen how the hindus slaughtered and terrorized the indian muslims for doing qurbani last eid-ul-adha, it was horrific."

have a nice Slaughter !!!!

Im going to have my cow meat this Eid and no one can stop me.

Im going to have my cow meat this Eid and no one can stop me.

I think they should just drink roohafza this eid. Just do a liquid qurbani, mogambo

( call me over , we will both chomp on the juicy juicy steaks)

Muslims in India are only bringing themselves to their knees by letting go of their basic rights (eating cow meat is a basic human right) because of the criminal actions of a few that have nothing to do with Islam. Pity.

Date:06/12/2008 URL: The Hindu : Front Page : Muslim organisations to scale down celebrations Back

Front Page

Muslim organisations to scale down celebrations

Special Correspondent

Muslims urged to refrain from sacrificing cows on Bakrid to avoid hurting Hindu sentiments

We are with the government in tackling terrorism: Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri mosque

NEW DELHI: A number of Muslim organisations across the country have condemned the “beastly” terror attacks in Mumbai and appealed to the community to scale down Eid-ul-Azha celebrations on December 9.

In a statement, the Coordination Committee of Indian Muslims (CCIM) sought a “high-level, transparent, unbiased and truthful inquiry” into the Mumbai attacks. It urged the authorities, civil society groups and media to work together to expose the real perpetrators of these “unprecedented” attacks.

“Leaving the real culprits behind the curtains of suspicion will only help terrorists fortify their activities and increase the feeling of insecurity among the people,” it said.

The CCIM member-organisations include the All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat, Jamiat-e-Ulama-e-Hind, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, Jamiat-Ahl-e-Hadees and the All India Milli Council.

Leading Islamic seminary Dar-ul-Uloom and the All India Organisation of Imams of Mosques (AIOIM) have appealed to Muslims in the country to celebrate Eid-ul-Azha in a simple manner.

In a booklet detailing the concept of ‘qurbani’ or sacrifice on the occasion of Bakrid, brought out by Deoband-based Dar-ul-Uloom, the seminary has advised Muslims to refrain from sacrificing cows to avoid hurting the sentiments of the Hindus.

The AIOIM asked imams around the country to pray for the victims of the Mumbai attacks, during Eid prayers.

Anis Suhrawardy, spokesperson of Jamiat-e-Ulama-e-Hind, said that terrorism was not related to any religion and both the communities had suffered in such attacks, be it Mumbai or Malegaon.

“Both the communities have to find a way to tackle such an unprecedented situation when you have terrorists coming through sea route and creating mayhem and terror in Mumbai. Every citizen is an Indian first and Hindu, Muslim or Sikh later. In this attack, all Indians have suffered and entire nation has been hurt. We have to also review our security and intelligence set up and tighten it further so that all citizens feel safe…,” Mr. Suhrawardy said.

Mufti Mohammad Mukarram Ahmed, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri mosque in the walled city, appealed to all Muslims to celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity.

“We are with all those families who have suffered in this terror strike. We are praying for peace and harmony,” the Shahi Imam, widely respected in the community, told The Hindu on Friday.

He reiterated that neither the holy Koran nor the Prophet favoured use of violence against foe or friend. “Terrorism has no place in Islam or any other religion. We are with the government in its efforts to tackle this menace, our full cooperation will be available to it,” the Shahi Imam said.

The All-India Babri Masjid Re-building Committee said the organisation would not hold any demonstration or dharna on Saturday, the 16th anniversary of the demolition of Babri Masjid in Ayodhya.

© Copyright 2000 - 2008 The Hindu

This has to be a joke. Hindus should give up wearing orange strings on their wrist then too right?

wah!
indian muslims arent even muslim anymore if they give up their practices
a sign of respect yes, but a bigger sign of losing ur beliefs

wah!
indian muslims arent even muslim anymore if they give up their practices
a sign of respect yes, but a bigger sign of losing ur beliefs

Try telling that to them, they will tell you they are still better Muslim than Pakistani Muslims.Hence the title of my thread( the last part in parenthesis). So I guess,
it going to be pappri chat & samosas this eid!

Last edited:
I'm going to go have a Kabab and chips right now mates I can't stand reading anymore for right now.

I'm going to go have a Kabab and chips right now mates I can't stand reading anymore for right now.

Next time try reading with your eyes...............
Where is the kabab party anyways?
what kinda kabab are you chomping on?
Aloo tikki or god-kabab?

This has to be a joke. Hindus should give up wearing orange strings on their wrist then too right?

Why it is a Joke?. They have chose to do so out of their free will and no body forced them. There is no ban on eating Beef in India. So, they are still free to eat. Some how you guys have a problem with Indian muslims, on how they should behave or how they should eat etc. It is up to them to decide whatever they want to do.

Why it is a Joke?. They have chose to do so out of their free will and no body forced them. There is no ban on eating Beef in India. So, they are still free to eat. Some how you guys have a problem with Indian muslims, on how they should behave or how they should eat etc. It is up to them to decide whatever they want to do.

DD... I dont have a problem with them being Patriotic.
But it does seem there are issues with hindus about cow slaughter, despite the fact ( in your own words) that there is no ban on meat consumption? I did quote a response about this thread from an Indian muslim elsewhere but
if you are 100% that reprisals have not taken place resulting from cow slaughter then just say so.

""Here is a response to this new from a Muslim in indai who apparently according to some Mian here is better off as a muslim in India .
" you call it stupid
but you should have seen how the hindus slaughtered and terrorized the indian muslims for doing qurbani last eid-ul-adha, it was horrific.""

DD... I dont have a problem with them being Patriotic.
But it does seem there are issues with hindus about cow slaughter, despite the fact ( in your own words) that there is no ban on meat consumption? I did quote a response about this thread from an Indian muslim elsewhere but
if you are 100% that reprisals have not taken place resulting from cow slaughter then just say so.

There were objections from some hindu groups about cow slaughtering, because Cow is sacred for Hindus. There was also a case in the court regarding this, but it was quashed. So, according to law, there is no objection whatsoever for eating beef or slaughtering cow.

""Here is a response to this new from a Muslim in indai who apparently according to some Mian here is better off as a muslim in India .
" you call it stupid
but you should have seen how the hindus slaughtered and terrorized the indian muslims for doing qurbani last eid-ul-adha, it was horrific.""

I never heard and don't know about this incident. If you can give some links, I will read up about that and we can discuss further.

Just to let you know, Beef Biryani, kababs etc are still available in hotels and restaurants in India on a daily basis. So, I don't see a problem here.

There were objections from some hindu groups about cow slaughtering, because Cow is sacred for Hindus. There was also a case in the court regarding this, but it was quashed. So, according to law, there is no objection whatsoever for eating beef or slaughtering cow.

I never heard and don't know about this incident. If you can give some links, I will read up about that and we can discuss further.

Just to let you know, Beef Biryani, kababs etc are still available in hotels and restaurants in India on a daily basis. So, I don't see a problem here.

DD....... I dont have a link but it is from a private discussion ( the comments) that I came across, so sorry about the lack of link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom