What's new

Avinash Chander Interview> Secrets behind Agni 5 and Confirmation of MIRV

How many Agni 5s and Agni 6s does India need?

• Total voters
Why are you predicting that A 6 SLBM will fail as much as Bulava? We know that Indian defence weapons fails so often on so many projects. But at least have more confidence on your new system instead of jinx it like Bulava. This missile has been in development hell, like typical Indian weapon systems.

Failure or success.. If the missile ' BULAVA' is capable of what it claims to be, then it is worth the wait ( failures )

And as far as we having confidence.. haha.. we do have..don't worry. After the crippling sanctions in 1998, we made US eat their words and lift them.. Before it could be lifted, INDIA had already tested their BMD .. how was that ? :cheesy:

Why are you predicting that A 6 SLBM will fail as much as Bulava? We know that Indian defence weapons fails so often on so many projects. But at least have more confidence on your new system instead of jinx it like Bulava. This missile has been in development hell, like typical Indian weapon systems.
youridiot32423.jpg

These chinese are funny ............ Most of their weapons are copies of Russians still they doesnot leave a single chance to degrade the Russians ..........

It is better to wait for the missile to mature than following the chinese path to induct products without enough testing to just boost ego ..................

May be some Russians missiles fail but atleast these missile doesnot fall back on the submarine like the chinese ones .................

China: SLBM Test Launch Failed (fell back to sub and almost sank it)

These chinese are funny ............ Most of their weapons are copies of Russians still they doesnot leave a single chance to degrade the Russians ..........

It is better to wait for the missile to mature than following the chinese path to induct products without enough testing to just boost ego ..................

May be some Russians missiles fail but atleast these missile doesnot fall back on the submarine like the chinese ones .................

China: SLBM Test Launch Failed (fell back to sub and almost sank it)

TROLOLOLOLLL...

no sir i meant warhead separation in A 6 SLBM will be like that of in Bulava SLBM

though warhead numbers may differ and range of A 6 will be 6,000 to 6,500 KM, not 8,000 KM in Bulava ( due to lack of political will )

I was going to share my take on your thread regarding the same issue but the thread got closed.Here is a point of view which i hope i make you understand coz there is no need to worry.

There are 2 kinds of information that can be shared on a forum like this.One which will do damage to ourr security like intel about the location of a thing,the number of people guarding it,timings when guards are changed,our weaknesses etc.

Then there is the second kind of info which those who are sharing are indirectly doing a favour to the security of the country like for eg I lie that India has 250 fighter jets in Jammu and Kashmir..Now this info can do India no damage.The only thing it will do if(and i say again coz it is the most important word in the line) IF this info is passed to higher ups from here will only make them think twice before launching an air attack in J&K.

There is a saying and i hope you get its meaning correctly..."the best weapons are those which are never used."

Who decides whether or not any information is damaging & can be shared or not ? The poster ? How much information does he have & what is its veracity ?

In any case what diff does it make to the recipient ? Are we trying to score points with someone whom one does not know of ?

Intel is gathered from a million ways. Each time someone speaks a mark is formed - professionals are paid to join the dots & make a picture. The speaker knows of only the dots he makes , not the ones it can get linked to.

I leave it to the poster, I shall however continue to voice a note of caution .

The poster may have his reasons for doing what he does - I have my own.

Don't worry guys, this guy only put out information DRDO wanted to be put out and was logical to assume anyway. Nothing remotely secret has been given away. Note when something classified was asked he replied "no comment".

+Indi, "the TATRA trucks in use are not suitable for off-roading??!!" Mate they ARE, that is why they were bought in the first place. There may be certain short-comings in their use as a nuclear-weapon launch vehicle but that is seperate. And anyway TATRAs are used as launch vehicles for Indian LR-SAMs,Bhramos and Prahaar.

TATRAs are renowned for their off-roading capabilities, it is one of their USPs:

nice video :cool:

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Developing miniaturized nuclear warheads requires testing, but I doubt India is ready to test any nuclear weapons since it would damage relationships with western countries.

Must we volunteer information ?

That too on a forum like this ?

There is nothing wrong with sharing scenarios, unless someone comes up and posts software codes, pulse engine schematics with simulations, metallurgical analysis of sub-component design integration, communication and decryption protocols, ring-laser-gyro (designs). Other than that you're all golden! ;)

Developing miniaturized nuclear warheads requires testing, but I doubt India is ready to test any nuclear weapons since it would damage relationships with western countries.

Or they already have achieved the miniaturisation required ...............

It's not that complicated task. India's research is advanced enough. What I really don't like is, you Europeans underestimating all Asian nations, all the time! :angry:

^^ it is really complicated task

but interview shows that work is going on MIRV and mentions compact payload

so it means DRDO has successfully miniaturized warhead for A 5, retaining yield

A 6 can carry up to 10 warheads, according to sources

so A 6 may get equipped with 5 30 Kt warheads and 5 decoys

Back
Top Bottom