What's new

Avengers: Endgame’ Breaks Ticket Sale Record in Six Hours, Fandango ‘Has Never Seen Anything Like It

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just how much money is “Avengers: Endgame” going to make on opening weekend? While we’re still a few weeks away from finding out the answer, the movie is already breaking records as Fandango has announced “Endgame” has already sold more tickets on its first day than any other film in the company’s history. Making matters more impressive is that tickets for “Endgame” went on sale this morning, which means the movie managed to become the biggest first day ticket seller in just its first six hours of availability.

Endgame” took the top spot from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” “Infinity War” is now the fifth biggest first day seller following “Force Awakens,” “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” and “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.” All of those movies aside from “Rogue One” opened above $220 million, so that benchmark is more or less a no-brainer for “Endgame.”

The latest MCU release is now gunning for the opening weekend box office record. “Avengers: Infinity War” currently holds the U.S. record with $257 million. Considering that film’s epic cliffhanger, most box office pundits are expecting “Endgame” to open closer to or above $300 million in the U.S. Some experts say the film could soar above $800 million worldwide over its first three days of release. The one roadblock “Endgame” will have to overcome is its three hour runtime, which will limit the amount of screenings the film can have each day. Expect theaters to be playing the film around the clock on opening weekend.

Fandango’s managing editor Erik Davis called the “Endgame” ticket sale record a “groundbreaking and historic accomplishment.” Writing on Twitter, Davis said, “I hesitate to call ‘Avengers: Endgame’ the most anticipated movie of all time, but in all honesty the numbers this one is putting up are extraordinary. I have been doing this for a good while — you all know this — and I have never seen anything like this before.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw3TR7wubUR9Exn6PbXAPPLI&ust=1554332699485561

Thanos won , so this movie was unnecessary

main-qimg-40c11b4a9f97d0c71427e3c906ab4b18

hqdefault.jpg

I was fully satisfied with the Ending

Last edited:
Sell your house and buy Disney stocks.

We’re all unprepared for the amount of money and records this will break. Endgame topped The Force Awakens in ticket sales.....in only 6 hours. The Force Awakens made almost a billion domestically. The demand is incredible. It will be interesting to see if it has the legs to take down Avatar.

Got my tickets for opening night!

When is it happening there?
Probably will take another week to reach here...

So did I, we get to see it first in the world here in New Zealand. It's actually opening Wednesday morning 24th, I'm going to a 11.30 Imax session which will be Tuesday evening your time.

Damn you Kiwis...
I don;t know why but it takes a bit more time to reach here in Dubai. I mean all movies...

When is it happening there?
Probably will take another week to reach here...

Damn you Kiwis...
I don;t know why but it takes a bit more time to reach here in Dubai. I mean all movies...

Actually I spoke too soon, apparently its screening in Moscow first at their upcoming movie festival.

Anyway, I can't wait. And I'm booking tickets for a second screening on the Sunday, and will probably make it three before it finishes its theatrical run.

We’re all unprepared for the amount of money and records this will break. Endgame topped The Force Awakens in ticket sales.....in only 6 hours. The Force Awakens made almost a billion domestically. The demand is incredible. It will be interesting to see if it has the legs to take down Avatar.

Captain Marvel
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $355,628,923 35.8%
+ Foreign: $638,627,636 64.2%
= Worldwide: $994,256,559
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $153,433,423
(#1 rank, 4,310 theaters, $35,599 average)
% of Total Gross: 43.1%
> View All 4 Weekends
Widest Release: 4,310 theaters
In Release: 25 days / 3.6 weeks

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...o-top-1-billion-worldwide-today/#15692d7a70cd
Box Office: 'Captain Marvel' To Top $1 Billion Worldwide Today

Back
Top Bottom