What's new

Avalanches hit Kashmir Valley; at least 9 soldiers killed

Go off yourself mate I merely meant soldiers deserve their dieing breath on the battlefield rather it taken away from them unpreparedly in a freak occurance.

Why does it matter when and were a soldier dies? No man can chose when their death will occur, the fact is soldiers have chosen to join the army, wear the uniform and have the tri-colour stitched to their chests. These men died whilst on ACTIVE duty following the orders of superiors as such deserve the same respect as a soldier dieing on the battlefield.

Don't you dare disrespect these men any further.

RIP to the dead.

I recall the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan that had country wide impact. And in Kashmir there were Pakistani posts that were destroyed due to landslides and Avalanches and the Indian soldiers came out of their posts and helped out the Pakistani soldiers until the help arrived. the Pakistanis have also done the same for the Indian soldiers in the past. please dont demand a link for it and take it as it is because I am only saying the nice thing here.

And please show respect for the dead, a Solider is a soldier 24x7 there is no time off. And while in active duty he is willing to face all challenges that mother nature or the enemy throws at him. when his life ends the least we can do is pay our respects and not qualify our condolences on the circumstances.

this is something which is unthinkable for an Internet troll. An Internet troll will insult for the sake of insulting others to feel better. national calamities are something that have always brought us together.

Siachin is another place which is devouring so many fine young men for a war that has no end. And you know it that the weather is the biggest killer there.

RIP to the dead.

I recall the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan that had country wide impact. And in Kashmir there were Pakistani posts that were destroyed due to landslides and Avalanches and the Indian soldiers came out of their posts and helped out the Pakistani soldiers until the help arrived. the Pakistanis have also done the same for the Indian soldiers in the past. please dont demand a link for it and take it as it is because I am only saying the nice thing here.

And please show respect for the dead, a Solider is a soldier 24x7 there is no time off. And while in active duty he is willing to face all challenges that mother nature or the enemy throws at him. when his life ends the least we can do is pay our respects and not qualify our condolences on the circumstances.

this is something which is unthinkable for an Internet troll. An Internet troll will insult for the sake of insulting others to feel better. national calamities are something that have always brought us together.

Siachin is another place which is devouring so many fine young men for a war that has no end. And you know it that the weather is the biggest killer there.

Really Glad to know this. Never heard about it before.

And totally agree with rest of your post.

Terrible loss for our country. May their souls find eternal peace in the hereafter.

Wonder if there is anything being done at all in J&K to control these kinds of freak accidents. Nature is unpredictable but we must be prepared. If not eliminated, at least losses should be minimized. Why is it that there were no helicopters there who even attempted a SAR? Oh I remember... we are effing out of helicopters, that are either stuck in bureaucratic walls of MOD for clearance (LUH contract) OR still in design and testing phase (LOH)!! :angry:

Pathetic preparedness for natural disasters. We haven't had a war for 13 years; how is it that Army regiments posted in naturally hostile areas don't have equipment backups?

If there is one thing I wish, it is that 90% of that scam money our netas have stashed abroad, should go in defense upkeep and logistics (not just weapons making or buying but also disaster management, improved patrolling network and other such measures).

RIP to the brave sons of the motherland. My condolences to their families.

Terrible loss for our country. May their souls find eternal peace in the hereafter.

Wonder if there is anything being done at all in J&K to control these kinds of freak accidents. Nature is unpredictable but we must be prepared. If not eliminated, at least losses should be minimized. Why is it that there were no helicopters there who even attempted a SAR? Oh I remember... we are effing out of helicopters, that are either stuck in bureaucratic walls of MOD for clearance (LUH contract) OR still in design and testing phase (LOH)!! :angry:

Pathetic preparedness for natural disasters. We haven't had a war for 13 years; how is it that Army regiments posted in naturally hostile areas don't have equipment backups?

If there is one thing I wish, it is that 90% of that scam money our netas have stashed abroad, should go in defense upkeep and logistics (not just weapons making or buying but also disaster management, improved patrolling network and other such measures).

I'm not sure exactly what assets have been deployed in this instance but I know for a fact there are SAR birds (ALHs) hept on 24/7 stand by for all of J&K:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-indian-army-aviation-special-operations.html

Back
Top Bottom