What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

524449_356277684407660_221522521216511_883047_873999376_n.jpg

There is a video where he said that few bodies have been pulled out, on 3rd or 4th day.
It was posted in the thread, though he didn't number them.

If that is true, then why no coverage of the funerals?

15 feet from our great men trapped inside... lets hope and pray for a miracle !!

I read this status on Paknationalists on fb, just now:

A Pakistan military officer will take live calls tonight on Siachen tragedy, live Fahad Hussain show ARYNews. 10:00-10:45pm PST. To participate, call 0512656193 & 0512656189

Question to photographers, why does the snow look all dirty compared to the snow in the background?

Is the background snow so bright that the camera is compensating the foreground by making it too dull?

May be because some heavy machine operated near that snow.. it make it bit dark because of carbon particles..
This shows continuous use of heavy machinery to remove snow. We do have many avalanche at Mount Rainier (no so bed) so I know how this work in this environment ..
Still wonder why not using vertical drilling...

May be because some heavy machine operated near that snow.. it make it bit dark because of carbon particles..
This shows continuous use of heavy machinery to remove snow. We do have many avalanche at Mount Rainier (no so bed) so I know how this work in this environment ..
Still wonder why not using vertical drilling...

Lots of boulders and an ever present danger of the surface caving in to the cavity.

There is no arguments here but i am not going to stand by and watch some idiot insult our soldiers.

hello sir,
we all are emotional, understandably, lets not creat a fight, let us al pray for our men.
i dont think they were trying to insult these brave guys!

to Indian, please, its a tragic accident for us, for our entier nation, kindly, please try to avoid any post that might creat a mess over here. Sincerely, i m not balining any of you!

Let Us All Pray, for those, who are willing to die for the motherland!!
:cry:

PLEASE GOD PLEASE!!
Ya Allah Madad!!
:cry:

The best way is to report the offending post and not respond here. Mods will take care of it.

VC - Sometimes emotions run high especially when such sad news is apon us and its difficult at times to absorb. Even yourself attempted to troll a couple of days trying to get your beloved USA brownie points pointing out to us that they were helping - yet China were not so please practice what you preach.
Secondly - i have noticed the underlined sentiments and vindictive posts by for example kolaveri di. They stench of an undertone of sarcastic behavior like post 1047. Sometimes you must appreciate its hard to refrain when seeing this undertone.
I am most pleased that most Indian members have behaved most sincerely and accept its normally the odd 1 or 2 that make 99% of the trolling noise and its not good to see.
I must commend all that have posted names and pics of the latest developments - making this site a leader in keeping us all informed - and thats down to all that have kindly posted. Thank you - all of you for keeping us informed and showing the utmost respect for our jawaans.
May their souls R.I.P. and i pray for all family members - i cant imagine what and how they have got through the last few days. May god give them strength.

VC - Sometimes emotions run high especially when such sad news is apon us and its difficult at times to absorb. Even yourself attempted to troll a couple of days trying to get your beloved USA brownie points pointing out to us that they were helping - yet China were not so please practice what you preach.

US assistance for the recovery is a fact. I do not fall prey to such emotionalism. Sorry.

However, I am sure we can take up that discussion elsewhere, but not in this thread.

I go back to my question: If a few bodies have been recovered, as rumored, then why no public burials?

Lots of boulders and an ever present danger of the surface caving in to the cavity.

That is quite right, below the surface the exact composition of the aggregate can be rather indeterminate. Certainly it is not a homogeneous mass and most of all, the sub-surface ice may be in different flow states which can cause unexpected movements.

One method to confirm that is to draw 'core-samples' through narrow sample bore-holes. However that method is not perfectly infallible. All in all, not an easy situation.

US assistance for the recovery is a fact. I do not fall prey to such emotionalism. Sorry.

However, I am sure we can take up that discussion elsewhere, but not in this thread.

I go back to my question: If a few bodies have been recovered, as rumored, then why no public burials?

It was misinformation, no bodies have been recovered thus far. BTW, the American team is still in Isl, they could not be transported to the site due to bad weather.

It was misinformation, no bodies have been recovered thus far. BTW, the American team is still in Isl, they could not be transported to the site due to bad weather.

I hope recovery beings soon, for the real tough task begins only then for all.

My point was that USA offered help, and was accepted too. We have to be fair in recognizing that, that is all.

That is quite right, below the surface the exact composition of the aggregate can be rather indeterminate. Certainly it is not a homogeneous mass and most of all, the sub-surface ice may be in different flow states which can cause unexpected movements.

One method to confirm that is to draw 'core-samples' through narrow sample bore-holes. However that method is not perfectly infallible. All in all, not an easy situation.

That would have required waste of precious hours spent analysing the samples. Work has not stopped on-site even at night where temperature plummets to -40 degrees and 80kmph winds blow. The chill factor makes it feel like -60 degrees. We need to reach an entire camp, spread over a wide area, a number of tunnels would have to made if we were to drill straight down. That would not only take time but would jeopardize the the men on and beneath the snow my providing more space for loose snow to cave in to.

I hope recovery beings soon, for the real tough task begins only then for all.

My point was that USA offered help, and was accepted too. We have to be fair in recognizing that, that is all.

Indeed, it was noble of the Americans to be quick with their response. Their team was within Pakistan within 48 hours of the incident.

Back
Top Bottom