What's new

Australians fear war with China, says Lowy Institute survey

I have previously asked you to not post in any discussions i make.

Racists are not welcome. I hate racists.

Western Whites are always racists.

Have you watched Red Dawn 2010 film?

Each time we Chinese complian Western Whites show racial discrimination against us, Western Whites always say it is your speech of freedom.

Please do not respond to my posts.

I do not like Racists and i am sure other people don't like them too.

Your not welcome.

@Below freezing
Aussies are not racist - there may be a few like everywhere else but generally Aussies are nice warm hearted people. this is based on my 5 years experience in various cities and i have lots of friend and they respect my culture and vice versa.

I have noticed that everywhere else in world its a notion that Oz's are racist but its more of a media hype!!

now getting back to topic!!
I think China would never attack Australia, they have friendly relationships on gov level and there is a big Chinese community living here. Australis's foreign policy is very positive but doesnt mean anyone can take it for granted.

Australia's Airforce is undergoing major overhaul and are getting new f-18s so hopefully soon enough it will be a lethal force and one will think twice before attacking. Also Australia shares no direct border with any country and Chinese naval forces will be far away from their bases if they do come this way...

i'm surprised that racists would complain of racism. hypocrisy at its height.

I am certainly not racist. I haven't said anything racist on these forums.

now getting back to topic!!
I think China would never attack Australia, they have friendly relationships on gov level and there is a big Chinese community living here. Australis's foreign policy is very positive but doesnt mean anyone can take it for granted.

Australia's Airforce is undergoing major overhaul and are getting new f-18s so hopefully soon enough it will be a lethal force and one will think twice before attacking. Also Australia shares no direct border with any country and Chinese naval forces will be far away from their bases if they do come this way...

We never know what could happen in the future :P

Also we have just received our first F-18 super hornets. These will only be in service for a couple of years until the F-35's come.

Australias air force is the second oldest in the world.

We never know what could happen in the future :P

Also we have just received our first F-18 super hornets. These will only be in service for a couple of years until the F-35's come.

Australias air force is the second oldest in the world.

yes future is unpredictable; Australia needs to strengthen its Air defence and get some lethal Submarines to shield naval fleet.
If there is such incident probably they will approach from North like WWII so we need long range SAMS for air defence around major cities.
I am not sure if Australia has any batteries to counter ICBMs?

yes future is unpredictable; Australia needs to strengthen its Air defence and get some lethal Submarines to shield naval fleet.
If there is such incident probably they will approach from North like WWII so we need long range SAMS for air defence around major cities.
I am not sure if Australia has any batteries to counter ICBMs?

I believe Australia is protected from ICBMs from the U.S shields.

As for a submarine fleet, the defence force is in the process of designing a new fleet and it will enter service by 2020.

Guys dont call each other a Racist for God's sake !

People are generally suspicious with the arrival of a new major power, thats just it. Does not mean China is going to invade based on a survey.

Oh this is just great... the last time an Australian source was complaining of an attack from Indonesia or Malaysia and expressed dissatisfaction about the world's most advanced multi-role strike fighter.

And now Australians are worried about an attack from its largest trading partner that also constitutes a large section of the Australian population. Seriously, why is Canberra getting so paranoid?

There's hardly any dispute between the two countries; no shared borders, waters, claims etc. So unless this survey is indicating Beijing to be a reincarnation of Imperial Japan, I think it is sheer nonsense and a waste of time.

Oh this is just great... the last time an Australian source was complaining of an attack from Indonesia or Malaysia and expressed dissatisfaction about the world's most advanced multi-role strike fighter.

And now Australians are worried about an attack from its largest trading partner that also constitutes a large section of the Australian population. Seriously, why is Canberra getting so paranoid?

There's hardly any dispute between the two countries; no shared borders, waters, claims etc. So unless this survey is indicating Beijing to be a reincarnation of Imperial Japan, I think it is sheer nonsense and a waste of time.

No one is complaining. It was just a survey conducted with some people to see if they think china would invade in the future.

It doesn't mean all Australians think that.
Seriously, why is Canberra getting so paranoid?

Canberra isn't getting paranoid? The government didn't conduct the survey. Please read carefully and don't assume that an independently conducted survey is done by the government and represents all Australians views.

I don't like your White Australian always say " China invaded Tibet!"

You fabricate the fact. The fact is that China has governed Tibet over 800 years!

You Western Whites are real invaders of Australia, including Queesland!

if we treated tibetans with the exact human rights whites did to aborigines and native americans, would there be a tibet problem?

How many more enemy's will china make? India, america, japan, Taiwan, vietnaam, Russia, North korea (Nk ur latest enemy and also Nk made fun of china's weapons technology) and Now Australia? Well i heard of pearl that china making around india but i didn't know china want to make most beautiful pearl around itself. Please now dont say u have good economic ties with countries i mentioned above. China spoiling its image indeed. Good for india though. India got support of all big fish. America, france, Russia, Uk, even germany, and yep australia too after china shown australia eyes. Democrasy indeed alot beneficial to make friends.

Back
Top Bottom