What's new

Australian harassed in Bengaluru over tattoo

P.S I don't support the harassment but saying he was completely unaware what he has on his leg is not true.

It does turn out that he is aware (seems he is a fan of Hinduism & has a Ganesha tattooed on his back) but he simply didn't have any other place to put the tattoo since all available skin was already used up. (he's covered in tattoos) Also the guy studied in India & has lived for quite some time here. Still an unnecessary overreaction to what is an harmless if crazy fad.

what I wear, whatever I tattoo whereever I want, whatever I eat, or whoever I wish to worship or not.
Look around you. Woh din gaye. You have failed. :)

Yes he must have choosed it without knowing but after that the artist do tell them what is it that he's getting on his leg.
The point is he did knew .

I'm surprised , it seems no one here have seen this simple procedure. No friends with tattoos? come to Delhi :D
Even then, he was sorry for it and the matter ended. No harm done if he did not mean disrespect. His word was taken for the Truth. Which is nice. :tup:

Pretty obvious that you have not stepped out of your hole in a life time.. And how would you know the consequences of some goddamn tattoo would have in Australia ? This is a open society and people dont live in fantasy land.

Chinese proverb:"Some men are born ignorant and not stupid, however education has made them become stupid". The forefathers of Australians were not criminals, instead they were punished by the British Government for starting the trade union movement which was perceived to be a threat to the aristocratic community.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

racism - definition of racism in English from the Oxford dictionary

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races

go back to elementary school... err i mean go back to 7/11 :coffee:
You are a Racist, don't mince words.You know that.

Look around you. Woh din gaye. You have failed. :)
Oh no! You are mistaken, actual Aache din gaye...aise chalta raha to BJP sarkar gayi in the next election. Mark my words.
Btw, I have just had a tasty b'fast of bacon, sausages and eggs with cofffee!! Beat that!

Sorry i messed up with the flag of Italy and Ireland:sarcastic:!Btw Ireland is literally a nobody when it comes to global politics:rofl:.So you should at least give me some credit for making you a citizen of a G-8 country:lol::lol:!!Btw,i do have some problem recognizing flags of different countries.For example in the past i have mixed up the flag of Indonesia with that of Poland,although i can proudly proclaim the fact that i know about the capitals and currencies of at least 150 countries:drag:!!

oh no worries! i prefer Miami Flag over India Flag anytime :rofl:

MiamiIndiaFlagBoydom.com_.png

ROFL supa powah wannabe India is something? really? when your country is a failed state? :rofl:

India on track to becoming a failed state

INDIA ranks 78th in the Failed States Index 2012, which measures adversarial social, economic and political pressures faced by nations. Finland scores least risk at 177 and Somalia worst at 1.

India has fallen steeply from 110 in 2007.

Anecdotal evidence based on recent corruption and mal-governance-ridden domestic scams suggests it at 45-55 next year in company with the likes of Colombia, Angola and Kyrgyzstan.

India passes muster on just two of the 12 indicators that comprise the index -- intellectual capital and international behaviour.

It scores abysmally on other crucial indicators, including demographic pressures (malnutrition, water scarcity); group grievances (ethnic & communal tensions, powerlessness); state legitimacy (corruption, protests); public services (crime, social services); uneven economic development (income inequalities) and on political elite behaviour (factionalised and constantly in a gridlock over a quest for political power).

Is India on a slow track to a failing state? A pointer to what might be in store for India comes from the book by Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson, Why Nations Fail.

After a comprehensive survey of the rise and fall of nations from the Roman Empire to the Soviet Union to (new) African states, they contend that nation-states do not fail because of culture, weather, geography or ignorance of what policies are right. Nations collapse because "extractive" economic institutions fostered by local elites come to rule them.

Abetted by self-seeking functionaries, these institutions exist for the benefit of elites, who gain from extraction of valuable minerals, land, water, labour or from protected monopolies.

They conclude that the key to sustained progress is in "combining political centralisation with inclusive economic institutions". Absolutist states have strong centres, but power wielders fashion an economic framework to enrich themselves.

In democratic states, power rests with a plurality of groups and inclusive institutions arise.

But if there is no strong political centre to provide direction and to control or sanction, power accrues to the elite(s). Extractive institutions then arise. In both scenarios, internal contradictions pile up -- indicators for the Failed States Index provide a measure -- and the exploitative structure inevitably fails, bringing down the entire corrupt system with it.

The relevance of this analysis to India today is inescapable.

The centre is not holding. In the era of coalitions, power has been seeping from the Delhi sultanate to islands of political elites. And the relatively inclusive institutions midwifed by a superbly crafted constitution have been suborned by national and regional establishments into extractive tools for personal gain.

Indian legislatures are no longer forums for informed debate. Instead, under the guise of "seeking a consensus", they are now nodal points for crass political horse-trading. Or for obstructionist mobocracy.

Cutting across party affiliations, regional and social loyalties, the objective of the political class is to acquire power, not sound governance or advancing national interests. It has mauled the ideology of democracy into the sole objective of winning elections. Its parasitic behaviour is focused on extracting perks from public and private sectors; on status and symbols; competitive populism and casteism; dynasticitis; protecting each other from greater accountability; and on blatantly exercising discretion-based powers, which the Brits used for disbursing patronage to divide and rule, and which now serve as founts for extortion in cahoots with bureaucrats and crony capitalists.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's indecisive leadership relies largely on confetti of populist schemes for electoral advantage. His own personal integrity is unquestionable, but he's led the most corrupt federal government since independence, benignly neglecting massive sleaze in ministerial fiefdoms under his watch.

Meanwhile bureaucracy, the famed steel frame of yesteryears, is rusting. With officials appointed and removed at whims of elected kleptocrats, the anointed favourites' humiliating task is to extract swill from troughs of discretionary powers for political snouts to sip. As for the defence establishment, it is now mired in scandals from land grabbing, procurement frauds to generals expropriating a share of largesse meant for war widows.

Worse, the army chief dragging the government to the courts on a personal issue has opened a chink to armed forces' potential politicisation.

The Indian judiciary is doing its best to fill the vacuum in the wake of a somnolent executive and paralysed legislatures.

But this activism has a major downside.

Handing out pronouncements daily on relatively trivial subjects, its higher reaches are becoming part of the political process, compromising their role as chambers of dispassionate reflection on issues of constitutional significance. It is also tainted by corruption and dispensing too little justice, too late. The legal system can no longer cope with the demands of a litigious citizenry increasingly aware of its rights.

The concerted attempts by the three constitutional pillars to undermine the media's role as auditors of their accountability is another insidious trend. India is turning increasingly censorious on books, arts, cinema, the internet and reporting.

Freedom is lost in small steps. Calls for protests to the American government over an article critical of Singh in the Washington Post betrays a disturbing mindset; it implicitly assumes that a government should control media content.

The debilitating shenanigans of the unholy, well-knit trinity of politicians, bureaucrats and their private sector cronies are now eroding confidence at home.

The tarnished economy is treading towards a 4-5 per cent GDP growth rate.

This self-inflicted, reform-resistant decline is evident in India's ranking at 111 in the latest Economic Freedom of the World Index (2010 data). It gauges the extent to which the policies and institutions in a country support economic activity for poverty reduction, etc. India is closer to Burundi (144) than to Hong Kong (1). Notably, it was 76th in 2007. This BRIC "angel" can only fall further in 2012.

The international euphoria that lauded India's recent "rise" from stultified economic depths is fading. Pessimism about its capabilities on regional and geopolitical fronts is seeping. The fluffy souffle of arrogant pretensions to a superpower status has fallen flat. India is a half-baked power.

Arguably, India's very antecedents are partly responsible for the fast-diminishing political and administrative authority of the central government. Post-Independence India was always an artificial construct. Fashioning it from 550-odd distinct entities was a landmark achievement.

But, to paraphrase Mark Twain, it was only a bundle of countries. It began to unravel with linguistic divisions. Sixty-five years later, values and practices associated with a genuine democracy have still not coalesced into good governance for the common good in (purportedly) a one nation-state.

Instead, demands and counter-demands and protests on endless issues have accelerated. Impulses more in line with a confederation than with a federation are emerging.

Interestingly, the government's acknowledgement that some economic reforms need not apply nationwide because of local opposition suggests a subliminal acceptance of a co-federalist model.

And yet the Indian political class continues to smugly showcase the country as an example of "unity in diversity".

A million mutinies thus confront India today. But the cadaverous gerontocracy across its political board remains preoccupied with fiddling for power post-2014 elections, while relegating policies to meet the aspirations of an expanding cohort of new, upwardly mobile stakeholders to the back burner.

India has depreciated from a "functioning anarchy" to a dysfunctional democracy.

If the idea of India (secularism, democracy) is to survive, the good among the ugly will have to cross their political and social divides and forsake the "me" culture to renovate the constitution and abolish feudal powers of patronage before darkness falls at noon on one of the most misgoverned nations on the globe.

LOL proclaiming to know about currencies of 150 countries by googling? ROFL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh no! You are mistaken, actual Aache din gaye...aise chalta raha to BJP sarkar gayi in the next election. Mark my words.
Btw, I have just had a tasty b'fast of bacon, sausages and eggs with cofffee!! Beat that!
BJP was not voted by the urban youth (their support notwithstanding). The cow belt, the conservatives, etc voted them to power. And they shall keep them there. It will be clear to you in time.

How is your second sentence relevant?

Haha, but still got all those raging hormones an old man wishes he had! Just saying, your neoconservative types, keep your noses to yourselves. Simple english mein, mind your own business. You have no need to peek into what I wear, whatever I tattoo whereever I want, whatever I eat, or whoever I wish to worship or not. Maane, apne se matlab rakh, doosron ke gharon mein aakhen phad ke taakne ki zaroorat nahin.

Australian hein woh yaaran, Tricolor usko kyun bhayega? Why would he think its cool? Havent seen any person get the Tricolor tattooed!! Ever. SO your point is moot.
Waise, poke karne ke liye kya laoon, a fork, or a skewer? Keep the firepit burning!
But you won't. You are a coward who can mouth off on an internet forum, that's all. You fool no one with your juvenile threats. Now piss off. Don't tag me again.

Wait till next election, until then keep crying about it.
Next election too we will win.As long as Hindu votebank is looked after,BJP will win.

Offcource, only if u become the victim you will understand what is harassment and what is not.

LOL..... and you are seriously saying that to an Kashmiri pandit who was harassed and thrown out of his own home ? :lol:

Your love for fellow christian blinded you to your own absurdity.

LOL..... and you are seriously saying that to an Kashmiri pandit who was harassed and thrown out of his own home ? :lol:

Your love for fellow christian blinded you to your own absurdity.
I was not thrown out. Not my family. The 1% of the 7% who decided NOT to leave. Not out of faith in the Indian Union alone. But with faith on our own guns.

But you won't. You are a coward who can mouth off on an internet forum, that's all. You fool no one with your juvenile threats. Now piss off. Don't tag me again.
@siddharth shankar
oops. I did it, just tagged you! Again, noses mind it. Else I will bring Rajnikant to the fight, No one, repeat NO ONE will survive THAT!

Open your eyes Bhakt.... someone is getting raped in India every other minute.

Foolish Chaddi ideology....

Remain in your cukoo world of supreme Aryan Race.

LOL.... why such desperate lies..... you clearly proclaim them to be blood and flesh before consuming them. :lol: ......... nice that you have now also admitted that ALCOHOL is also part or your bizarre ritual :cheesy: ........ sounds like something savages come up with.

THAT IS YOUR LOGIC :lol: ...... after all you EAT Jesus to become one with god .... so eating animals will necessity make you one with the animal. :cheesy:

Aghoris are out castes not main stream Hindu practice unlike your Alcohol induced blood and flesh eating. What it really means is your mainstream religious practice is the same as our outcast bizzare practices :lol:

Are you Crawling back to "Godwin Law" ?

LOL...are you serious ? :lol: ...... Church history is FULL of rape of nuns and choir boys.

Vatican says it's punished over 3,400 priests since '04 for raping or molesting children | Dallas Morning News

That is 3,400 priests for raping several THOUSAND children .... that too only since 2004 :cheesy:

Now this is ONLY the Catholic ....... and these are only the reported incidences. Rapes of Nuns are not included in this.

If you look at world wide Rape, Christians lead rape statistics is ALL over the world. The highest rape incidences are in Christian Nations. One can only assume this is how perverted your religion makes you ....... starts with eating flesh and blood. .... ends in rape. :woot:

It does turn out that he is aware (seems he is a fan of Hinduism & has a Ganesha tattooed on his back) but he simply didn't have any other place to put the tattoo since all available skin was already used up. (he's covered in tattoos) Also the guy studied in India & has lived for quite some time here. Still an unnecessary overreaction to what is an harmless if crazy fad.

The problem was that it was not as harmless as he thought. Apparently more than one person took offence.

He does come across as a fan of Hinduism, but remains unaware of Hindu culture and tradition. A tradition that dictates removal of footwear when entering a house.

Still all matters were resolved LEGALLY. Not a very pleasant experience for ALL involved. Which is why its sensible to observe local customs when travelling to a foreign land.

Back
Top Bottom