What's new

Australian harassed in Bengaluru over tattoo

why not, who are you to decide what's ok or not to tattoo on someone else's body ?

I'm from the north, of the southern gods, all I know is lord murugan

tough to keep up with all of them :P

Seven female deities of Harappa at the bottom and the main female deity at the top
seven.bmp

Mother Goddess has been described in the form of Mother Earth, Bhumata, Bhudevi, Bhumika, Mauli and Santeri in the Konkan and Goa regions, and as Matangi, Ekvira, Bhavani, Amba, Mahamaya, Jagadamba, Parvati, Yellamma and Lajja Gouri in parts of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. We also see her worship in the forms of Renuka, Jogulamba, Yamai, Kottavai, Mahakoteshwari and Korravai, etc.

perhaps the crowds doesn't like their deity to be advertised in someone's body. dunno what is the deal with that though. perhaps the person likes how cool is the image of Yellamma. oh well, some people are too brainwashed over something dogmatic in nature.
It's not related to any brainwashing.The entire world knows the fact that Aussies are perhaps one of the most racist people on earth barring the Americans.So,in all probability this guy deliberately carved the tattoo of an Indian Goddess just to score some brownie points over the local populace.Alas,he was not aware of the fact that the Indian people are extremely sensitive when it comes to their religions.Hence,he was dragged to the Police station for deliberately insulting the belief of a particular community.If we were a brainwashed lot then we would have lynched him publicly instead of taking him to the local law enforcement agency.Freedom of life and personal Liberty under Article-21 of the Constitution of India doesn't give you the right to mock the religious belief of any particular community:coffee:!!

and what's that about racist attacks on Indians ? you saying we should pay 'them' back in the same coin ?

very Dharmic.

Aussies considering the fact that most of their ancestors were convicted felons and murderers.So,it's quite obvious that they will also be somewhat like their ancestors when it comes to mannerisms.Plus if they are so evolved then why on earth all those racial attacks on Indians took place in Australia in the past 4-5 years!!

If any of us had done the same thing with say a picture of Jesus Christ on our body and went to Australia i can assure you that the consequences wouldn't have been pleasurable for any us!!

Pretty obvious that you have not stepped out of your hole in a life time.. And how would you know the consequences of some goddamn tattoo would have in Australia ? This is a open society and people dont live in fantasy land.

He was mocking? The guy had tattoos all over. Do you think he would have even wondered what this tattoo depicted, he probably just selected it because it was something exotic. You are overreaching here. The fault did not lie with that poor guy, just being somewhere at the wrong time where an bunch of idiots decided to be the asses they were.
I am the one "over-reacting" in this matter!!Sorry for being such as "asshole"(as per you) but if some one tries to openly insult my religious belief then i won't let him get away scott free.Plus,he was not harassed in any way.They only took him to the nearest Police station where the Police released him after he signed a letter of apology to the concerned authority.Btw,he did break the law of our country(under Article-295 A of the I.P.C.) by carving that tattoo on his shin!!

It's not related to any brainwashing.The entire world knows the fact that Aussies are perhaps one of the most racist people on earth barring the Americans

And an Indian accusing Australians and Americans of racism.. Height of comedy.. The country that practices the worse form of human discrimination.. Caste system.. When north Indians call South Indian black Madrasi's, Ask those West African's experience in India.. Or your own North Eastern brethren.. Quite a example of racial tolerance.. Lol

Btw, the guy seems to be some kind of a fan of Hinduism and he supposedly studied in Kodaikanal and has a tattoo of Ganesha on his back too. Seems he ran out of space on his body to put this tattoo up.....:lol:

Last edited:
Look at the other side of this story..nobody harmed him..nobody has even put a finger on him..imagine what might have been his condition if he has done something like this to Muslims? Indians behaved in a civilized manner and handed him to police.

It's not related to any brainwashing.The entire world knows the fact that Aussies are perhaps one of the most racist people on earth barring the Americans.

you'd call a tattooed guy with Indian deity as racist? *sigh*

And an Indian accusing Australians and Americans of racism.. Height of comedy.. The country that practices the worse form of human discrimination.. Caste system.. When north Indians call South Indian black Madrasi's, Ask those West African's experience in India.. Quite a example of racial tolerance.. Lol

what's a tattoo going with racism is beyond me, mate.

Back
Top Bottom