What's new

Australian Air force chief: PAK FA, J-20 years behind F-35 in development

Australia hardly has a choice apart from buyin overpriced weapons from AMIC.

f 35 got a really strong engine, why does it still have 1.6 mach as top speed , is it too heavy or is the mentioned speed of 1.6 mach rated when its fully loaded with weaponry ?

“Let me tell you, I don’t think that they have the level of stealth that’s available in U.S. fifth generation aircraft, and it’s by a significant factor,” Air Marshal Brown told lawmakers.

Well the air marshal failed to understand that
only US fifth gen fighter that is trully be called as stealthy is F 22 raptor & is unrivalled in stealth is F22

F35 is a fifth gen fighter but it's stealth is downgraded to meet export standards for the US government

so Pak fa & j20 can be equalled to f35 in terms of stealth

Sigh :rolleyes: -

J20

No AESA
No Supercruising Engine
No TVC
No 5th Gen Avionics

Stealth Shaping
Large Payload
Interceptor Based Agility/Maneuverability

wohho!!

regarding J20

I think it is too premature to say those things about J20:disagree:

I don't know if F-35 is any good. But the price is certainly super sonic - the last time I check it was $137 million a piece.

A US dollar bill weights 1 gm (for any denomination). If one were to pay a F-35 in $100 bill, the money would weight 1.37 metric ton. An old VW Beetle weights about 800kg (0.8 metric ton).

That's more than 1-1/2 the weight of a VW Bug!!!

Of course it is much more advanced but is it better,we won't know till they are tested.

The F-35 Will Never Beat The Eurofighter - Business Insider

Eurofighter on f-35.Eurofighter apparently got simulated kills on the f-22!I know IAF lost at indradhanush in air combat to the eurofighter,despite red flag drama this is actually the only time where iaf lost clearly,the typhoon was simply superior.and IAF pilots were heavily impressed with its agility.
If rafael deal falls through we should definitely go eurofighter.Main problems is order backlog,no operational AESA and suspect ground attack capability.But except for stealth its air to air power seems brutal.

Eurofighter on f-35.Eurofighter apparently got simulated kills on the f-22!I know IAF lost at indradhanush in air combat to the eurofighter,despite red flag drama this is actually the only time where iaf lost clearly,the typhoon was simply superior.and IAF pilots were heavily impressed with its agility.
If rafael deal falls through we should definitely go eurofighter.Main problems is order backlog,no operational AESA and suspect ground attack capability.But except for stealth its air to air power seems brutal.

The simulated kills on the F22 with a missile are possible only if the raptor is carrying a device which lets it be tracked. Its practically impossible to shoot it down except with guns.

Thats difficult to believe,especially within visual range.

F 35 is bought by various countries not because of its design, it is political decision for leveraging their own agenda

With full combat load f35 has .69 TWR PAKFA has .68 so comparable kinematics. Also it can do 55deg AoA that EF2000 can't. Mach 1.6 is stated speed. It can do mach 2 but due to DSI limit like J20 it can upto 1.8 mach or so. Also it CAN SUPERCRUISE AT MACH 1.2 - 1.3 that can become MACH 1.5 with new engines starting 2019.

For all idiots

1. F15 -> F22
2. F16/F18 -> F35
3. Su30/mig29 -> PAKFA
4. J10 -> J20
5. LCA -> AMCA

wohho!!

regarding J20

I think it is too premature to say those things about J20:disagree:

Chinese are buying su 35 or atleast trying so that they get uprated engine and radar for J20. Otherwise J20 is a semi 4.75 gen fighter.

BTW in terms of stealth f22 has .0001 RCS (your radar has better chances of finding a bug)
f35 has .001 - .01
pakfa has .01
j20 .2 or so (designer , I'm too lazy google it! :lazy:)

If USA is making fighters with collobration with the ohter countries(might be considering the exports purpose in mind) we need to collobration for the AMCA.

Eurofighter on f-35.Eurofighter apparently got simulated kills on the f-22!I know IAF lost at indradhanush in air combat to the eurofighter,despite red flag drama this is actually the only time where iaf lost clearly,the typhoon was simply superior.and IAF pilots were heavily impressed with its agility..

That's not entirely accurate- the IAF held its own and even the EFT pilots where in impressed by the MKI. The actual results have not come out and I don't think they would be as one-sided as you make out mate.

Apparently they have improved f-35 last time i heard it couldn't supercruise.

Back
Top Bottom