What's new

Australia demands better treatment at CWG closing ceremony

The issue wasn't the athletes were made to wait. How many times do you need to be told what the issue was? Are you purposely not reading the posts or are you just an Idiot?

Either read what the issue was or don't comment on it.

I am sure I had read the entire post before commenting. However your categorical declaration that I had missed something prompted me to again re-read the post. However, later I realised that it was a total waste of time as the aussies had just one specific complain that they were made to wait forn an hour.

Could you now enlighten us what those, presumabely imaginery, complaints were that is supposed to be discussed??

Rest part of the article is just usual crap which talks about who should bear the Aussie flag at Farewell ceremony etc etc.

Australia have warned organisers they won't put up with more unacceptable treatment at Thursday's Commonwealth Games closing ceremony.

The Australian team were fuming after being forced to wait in "cauldron-like" conditions in the stadium tunnel for an hour before leading the teams out into the main stadium at last week's opening ceremony.
Only about 300 athletes out of the 400-plus squad are expected to be left in New Delhi when the closing is held.

Advertisement: Story continues below
On Monday, chef de mission Steve Moneghetti said Australian Commonwealth Games Association chief executive Perry Crosswhite had demanded more consideration for the athletes at the closing ceremony.

"Perry pushed extremely strongly a couple of points that we want covered off to ensure that there is no situation like the opening ceremony," Moneghetti told reporters.

"Watch this space."

Meanwhile, Moneghetti expects a tough time deciding who gets to carry the flag into the closing ceremony after such a successful campaign, with Australia already boasting more than 60 gold medals.

"Gee, what a great position to be in," he said. "How many we can get to carry the flag because I might need to push the numbers out a bit."

Prime contenders are likely to include swimmer Alicia Coutts, the most successful Australian athlete at the Games with five gold medals in her first campaign, triple gold medallist Anna Meares who spearheaded the all-conquering cycling team and athletics team captain Steve Hooker, the Olympic and world pole vault champion.

Sometime it feels good to on the other side of the line

However, later I realised that it was a total waste of time as the aussies had just one specific complain that they were made to wait forn an hour.

No that wasn't the full complaint. The complaint was that they were pushed into a small, unventilated tunnel and were made to wait in it for an hour in 45 degrees. This is bad for the athletes health, many athletes collasped.'

They are not complaining simply because they were made to wait. If they were made to wait in a ventilated area, then they would be happy.

Once again you totally ignore all the facts and everyone elses posts and continue assuming they are complaining about the wait.

Read, or don't reply.

The complaint was that they were pushed into a small, unventilated tunnel and were made to wait in it for an hour in 45 degrees. This is bad for the athletes health,

Maybe due to security risk, they were not taken to an open place. Remember there were 60,000 more people there.

And it cannot be 45 degree C in the month of october and that too in the evening (Opening ceremony time). :lol:

Its not that much even in peak middays of summer. You are just exaggerating.

Maybe due to security risk, they were not taken to an open place. Remember there were 60,000 more people there.

And it cannot be 45 degree C in the month of october and that too in the evening (Opening ceremony time). :lol:

Its not that much even in peak middays of summer. You are just exaggerating.

Once again, you are totally ignoring EVERYONES posts and the news articles. This has already been explained over and over and over again.

The reason it was 45 degrees in the tunnel is because it's a very small tunnel with 1,000 people in it squished together with no ventilation.

Read the damn news article, how many times do i need to repeat myself?

As i said, STOP REPLYING IF YOU REFUSE TO READ PEOPLES POSTS AND NEWS ARTICLES FIRST.

Whats wrong with demanding better treatment. Even we demand better treatment in australia..

^^^exactly...they have a genuine demand, which should be kept in mind in he closing ceremony.

It's perfectly ok for Indians to ask for reasonable treatment, but when anyone else asks Indians for reasonable treatment they get responses like

"stop whining" "stop complaining" "You should be slapped"

Alot of Indians in this thread have shown disgusting attitudes and have posted absurd and rude comments. Shame on them.

But i am glad to see there is nice Indians on these forums and not just foul mouthed idiot ones.

How many of them on this forum do you think are above 20 years to begin with?

ignore them.

Whats wrong with demanding better treatment. Even we demand better treatment in australia..

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with demanding better treatment, but it seems some Indians on this forum think there is a problem with it.

listen india not we but whole world demands from u about the cWg so please grow up and take it serioulsy really alot of improvement might be done about this and that the reason that the management of indian games failed so badly

india remains a third world country forever whatever and hw much they can show the progress so indians are the sicks about pakistan espacially and thats what matters and indians always tr to creat e the problem for those who are neghbours and those who come there land to play an d participate in the games

Whining , convicts , think we're higher then everyone else?

This is a world class event so it deserves world class standards its simple otherwise another country should of hosted the event.The CWG are a privilege.Not the whole Deal it with attitude.

And to the person saying we think we're better then everyone else , i live here and that is defently not the atmosphere.

And i dont see anywhere on this article australia "demanding" better treatment

How can India make fun of australia whining?Indians whine to get there goverment into everything.Instead of whining at australians whine at the people who actually did the attacks most of which were lebanese.a few even done by indians themselves and 1 a self attack on himself to get insurance..

Last edited:
Aussies are making themselves a laughing stock..

They are trying to their fullest of potential to disgrace and insult India,as they are!,Racists!

Everything should go,as it was planned to,or,aussies shouldn't attend the closing ceremony,nothing special should be done for these mindless nerds.

They are trying to their fullest of potential to disgrace and insult India,as they are!,Racists!

Everything should go,as it was planned to,or,aussies shouldn't attend the closing ceremony,nothing special should be done for these mindless nerds.

:lol: :disagree:

Another TOI brainwashed reader......

ha ha ha CWG what a failure. and stupid klamdi said to make it better then beijing olympic:china::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom