What's new

Aussies doubt JSF V Flanker Claims

iceman2009

BANNED
Reaction score
Found this interesting article from Austrillians who have been offered JSF lightening 2 as future MRCA.

The Aussies have been suggesting for some time that the latest flankers are very potent war plane and the only solution to counter this in air supremacy is the F22..

please read article its really interesting and goes against the grain by many in pak defense forums of SU30 being just a big cumbersome beast.

Its scarying the pants off the Austrilians at the moment

Assessing JSF Air Combat Capabilities

A good read, maybe the more experienced members can shed some light.

This is all part of game plan to win hearts in American govt. so that they could get hold of F22, more or less same tactics which US used in cope India. Flankers are good no doubt about that but they are not exceptional and most importantly they are not war proven./

And the American Planes are War proven?? Please Try to understand, the USAF hasnt gone up against an Opponent worthy of it. It has gone up against the Likes of Iraqi Air force, the Taliban Airforce (yes they had a few soiled migs, but they didnt fly!) and the Nams!

In all Honesty the USAF hasnt fought or tested its weapons against an Equally Matched Opponent.

Yes the USAF has brought down Mig 29s, but let me tell you, Can you Drive A ferrari F1 just the way a Pro can? hell we cant finish a lap in it! The same goes for Planes, It takes a lot to master a Plane, and it operations.

Hence Proved that USAF is not Battle Proven. And the F35 is not Battle proven too, and F22s havent got any real experience per se.

The SU30 MKI is by far the Best thing in the Subcontinent and Competition is miles away, atleast for now. But Its not Invincible, Nothing Is! Not even the F22!

skywalker.

JSF Typhoon or J10 or F22 are neither combat proven. Does not mean they are not exceptional.

The latest flankers SU35 and to a lesser extent SU30MKI have designed to win air dominance against all AMERICAN TEEN series fighters.

JSF is a strike platform first and secondary air supremacy. Much like the F16..

F22 can wipe the floor with ALL comers and the report indicates this.

But their are series reseservations re JSF FROM SOME quarters

LONG RUN I THINK AMERICANS WILL GET THIS RGHT.

But by then we MAY SEE new beast the PAK FA

So Congratulations to ALL INDIANS here, You got the Best Fighter in the World who can Kill the whole TEEN series of American warplanes and as mentioned above by my Indian Friends Even the F-22 will have some tough Competition if this new Raptor from USA faces Su-30 MKI.

So my dear Indian fellows why don't you just cancel MRCA and Order more 126 Su-30 MKI or Su-35, why to look here and there.

And the American Planes are War proven?? Please Try to understand, the USAF hasnt gone up against an Opponent worthy of it.
American planes are certainly more war proven than anything India, Pakistan, China or anybody else in the world has. Nobody wants to go up against them because they know they're in for an ***-whoopin.

The SU30 MKI is by far the Best thing in the Subcontinent and Competition is miles away, atleast for now. But Its not Invincible, Nothing Is! Not even the F22!

By far? Miles away? No. Just no.
It has a good radar - that's all.

BTW F-22 is pretty much invincible by non-5th gen fighters. If F-22 can lock it's AMRAAMs on you, you're screwed. It carries heat seeking sidewinders too, so you're not immune if you're in a stealth fighter too. You can't kill what you can't see. I read it even uses it's fuel as coolant for cooling the front and under-side of it's airframe to reduce the range at which heat-seeking missiles can track it.

That aussie crap is just that - crap. F-35 rules any non-5th gen jet and they know it.

So Congratulations to ALL INDIANS here, You got the Best Fighter in the World who can Kill the whole TEEN series of American warplanes and as mentioned above by my Indian Friends Even the F-22 will have some tough Competition if this new Raptor from USA faces Su-30 MKI.

So my dear Indian fellows why don't you just cancel MRCA and Order more 126 Su-30 MKI or Su-35, why to look here and there.

No need for unnecessary sarcasm - discuss the topic, the views of the Australians, or leave it alone.

Hi,

Indeed usaf has not faced a true match for many a decades---not because it didnot want to but due to the fact that the enemies it picked up didnot have fangs up in the air.

We need to understand that when fighting usaf, it is not the pilot of one aircraft fighting the pilot from the other aircraft only----it is a huge big machinery in motion that needs to be taken into account as well.

The only way we can match things up is by pilot training hours each flyer has accumulated---type of flt training---technology---equipment---free thinking---air support assets etc etc etc. Once we add them all up---it is very difficult to come close to it.

SU 30 is indeed a deadly air superiority fighter aircraft and any air force facing it as an adversary would have its work cut out.

American planes are certainly more war proven than anything India, Pakistan, China or anybody else in the world has. Nobody wants to go up against them because they know they're in for an ***-whoopin.

By far? Miles away? No. Just no.
It has a good radar - that's all.

BTW F-22 is pretty much invincible by non-5th gen fighters. If F-22 can lock it's AMRAAMs on you, you're screwed. It carries heat seeking sidewinders too, so you're not immune if you're in a stealth fighter too. You can't kill what you can't see. I read it even uses it's fuel as coolant for cooling the front and under-side of it's airframe to reduce the range at which heat-seeking missiles can track it.

That aussie crap is just that - crap. F-35 rules any non-5th gen jet and they know it.
I suggest you talk with someone like Xman or Sir Murad and ask them if the F22 is invincible, they will tell you something like this "what goes up, must come down!"

Nothing is Invincible my friend, not even the F22.

The SU30 MKI is the best thing there is, in the subcontinent and its Just not the Radar, you got it wrong, its got a whole lot of other stuff, I suggest you read up on it. The Radar is PESA, I would love to see and AESA, then we would be talking about a Great Radar! Reading must be Done, a Lot before posting things like this.

The MRCA is for a whole different purpose, Its for a Medium type aircraft not a heavy one like the SU30 MKI!!! Please do read up on it . Yes There will be about 200 MKIs along with the 126 MRCA in the IAF.

SU30MKI is definitely a good bird but i still believe that is is overrated due to a lot of hype created by the Indians. It definitely has a good radar but that has pretty much been neutralized by PAF with AWACS. Its radar is its biggest advantage but if the opposing aircraft is under the umbrella of an AWAC, the MKI looses its advantage. As far as American fighers are concerned, i seriousally dont understand whats wrong with some people. F15, F16 and F18 are some of the best aircrafts in the world and the reason they still remain untested against a better opponent is because nobody can dare take on USAF. The Soviet Air Force was on par with USAF in the 80's but since the 90's no air force even comes close to them. F22 is a 5th generation aircraft that is designed to defeat 4.5 generation aircrafts, if you look at its specifications this bird is one of a kind. But i do agree that if F22 is detected, than the battle becames even and both pilots have an equal chance against each other.

SU30MKI is definitely a good bird but i still believe that is is overrated due to a lot of hype created by the Indians. It definitely has a good radar but that has pretty much been neutralized by PAF with AWACS. Its radar is its biggest advantage but if the opposing aircraft is under the umbrella of an AWAC, the MKI looses its advantage. As far as American fighers are concerned, i seriousally dont understand whats wrong with some people. F15, F16 and F18 are some of the best aircrafts in the world and the reason they still remain untested against a better opponent is because nobody can dare take on USAF. The Soviet Air Force was on par with USAF in the 80's but since the 90's no air force even comes close to them. F22 is a 5th generation aircraft that is designed to defeat 4.5 generation aircrafts, if you look at its specifications this bird is one of a kind. But i do agree that if F22 is detected, than the battle becames even and both pilots have an equal chance against each other.
The Radar of the MKI is not that Great, read it up and you will know its just the best there is on the Subcontinent, to say its Got a Great Radar, you need to bring in an AESA. As for AWACS, well the Phalcon has arrived, and the MKIs will be flying with them!

MKI has not been overrated. Its just that the IAF cant believe they got hold of such an awesome toy, and they are gung ho about it! Anyone would go gaga over it if they got their hands on it! Wouldnt the PAF?? Ofcourse!

If the USAF was so great, then it would have certainly sent in some planes to Aid Georgia since the Russians are so backward now! Well Brother, the USAF has tendency to pick on the small kids on the block and bully them and then showoff.

I suggest you read Sir Mastans evaluation of the USAF and the MKI on top. Its small, but its the best explanation there is.

Back
Top Bottom