What's new

Aurat Marches to be held across Pakistan to mark Women's Day

10 pages of INDIANS telling Pakistanis on ways to treat women better.

Internet should voluntarily erase Indian opinions as noise or clutter.

There were even men there. Stop grasping at straws.

It's mostly a conservative, middle class people habit to be threatened by the presence of transgenders. The Aurat March organizers are progressive enough to include trans folks (who are already one of the most oppressed communities in our society).

Lol dude I don't get why are you publishing these fatwas about what Pakistan should be like, when you're sitting in Germany. Weren't you a second gen German? What makes you feel entitled enough to dictate to us what we should be like?

Bye, bye, have a nice rest. :wave:

It's quite amusing seeing indians and pakistanis arguing over which country is better/worse for women, it's like arguing over which is better/worse, syphilis or gonorrhoea :omghaha:

Last edited:
Got to justify their funding from their sponsors, whether they be domestic or foreign. But in all seriousness, there is a section of the population that firmly believes in these ideas, regardless of financial support, and this March is their one outlet. Some vent because of the hardships in their lives, or the trauma they have endured, while other may want to create a spectacle of themselves, like that naked lady from last year, Astagfirullah. Who know’s if she was mentally ill or something else.

If people have a constructive outlet, the majority of people will use these marches for their intended purposes, and others will always come to vent or start a mela.

This is all the more reason to focus on human capital development, on the terms of our own culture, to prevent another culture imposing its mores on us.

Yeah mental illness was the first thing that crossed my mind last year when I saw that lady tearing off her clothes. Sad.

Instead of posturing in marches led by upper class women, change of values will come when mehnati women get a fair shake at increasing their incomes. Like Bangladesh govt. did many years ago, Pakistan govt. could start giving families sacks of rice/atta to send their girl child to school. This is what Bangladesh govt. did during Khaleda Zia's time.

They also introduced school lunches for all kids.

It cost some money, but look at the change in literacy, especially for women. Our figures are better than India's.

On the job front, creating employment by apparel industry was a boon for female employment, which brought down the fertility rate and increased female labor participation, both of which are now better than India's figures. I understand social mores may prevent this in Pakistan but you can have Islamic values and work at the same time.

Of course having locally founded NGO's like Grameen and BRAC helped in Bangladesh, who did not have any foreign agendas. They just helped rural women with very small loans to start businesses selling milk, phone services, FMCG products to homebound housewives etc.

It's quite amusing seeing indians and pakistanis arguing over which country is better/worse for women, it's like arguing over which is better/worse, syphilis or gonorrhoea :omghaha:

After UK stole Trillions of dollars from both countries, it will take a few more years for syphilis or gonorrhea to subside. Dilli door ast.

And legacies of British Civil Service class that the British created to rule over India and Pakistan still persist.

As a result - unequal development and feudal ruling structure in the subcontinent will also stay for a while.

Last edited:
Take a hike acid boy

After UK stole Trillions of dollars from both countries, it will take a few more years for syphilis or gonorrhea to subside. Dilli door ast.

And legacies of British Civil Service class that the British created to rule over India and Pakistan still persist.

As a result - unequal development and feudal ruling structure in the subcontinent will also stay for a while.

While I agree the effects of colonialism are long-lasting, using that excuse does not explain the full extent of the problem. Material wealth has no bearing on gender equality, case in point, take a look at the way women are treated in the Arab Gulf states (why else would the princess of Dubai's ruler want to escape her pampered lifestyle?). Whether Pakistanis/Indians like it or not, their cultures and politics have more in common than they would like to admit - both are inherently religiously inspired patriarchies which rely on traditional gender inequality to maintain their societal structures.

Yeah mental illness was the first thing that crossed my mind last year when I saw that lady tearing off her clothes. Sad.

Instead of posturing in marches led by upper class women, change of values will come when mehnati women get a fair shake at increasing their incomes. Like Bangladesh govt. did many years ago, Pakistan govt. could start giving families sacks of rice/atta to send their girl child to school. This is what Bangladesh govt. did during Khaleda Zia's time.

They also introduced school lunches for all kids.

It cost some money, but look at the change in literacy, especially for women. Our figures are better than India's.

On the job front, creating employment by apparel industry was a boon for female employment, which brought down the fertility rate and increased female labor participation, both of which are now better than India's figures. I understand social mores may prevent this in Pakistan but you can have Islamic values and work at the same time.

Of course having locally founded NGO's like Grameen and BRAC helped in Bangladesh, who did not have any foreign agendas. They just helped rural women with very small loans to start businesses selling milk, phone services, FMCG products to homebound housewives etc.

Good suggestions. I hope there are people in the Pakistani government studying the successes of the Bangladeshi model

very good thing for pakistan .

pakistani ladies are demanding
their body their will
you cant stop them .

I don't think Indians should be lecturing Pakistanis on womens' rights or any such topic.

Rate of female labor participation in India is pretty bad. Indian women have essentially no income and no rights, and I don't want to go into public abuse such as harassment/rape etc. (too shameful a topic).

ILO says India's rate of female labor participation is around 20%. that of Pakistan is 22%, that of Bangladesh is 31% and climbing (modeled estimates say it is actually around 36% currently in 2021).

In fact India's rate of female labor participation is less than that of Saudi (22%). :lol:

Apna ghar samhalo...

While I agree the effects of colonialism are long-lasting, using that excuse does not explain the full extent of the problem. Material wealth has no bearing on gender equality, case in point, take a look at the way women are treated in the Arab Gulf states (why else would the princess of Dubai's ruler want to escape her pampered lifestyle?). Whether Pakistanis/Indians like it or not, their cultures and politics have more in common than they would like to admit - both are inherently religiously inspired patriarchies which rely on traditional gender inequality to maintain their societal structures.

Your theory kind of falters if you consider that Bangladesh' rate of female labor participation is around 36% now, when it was around 20% just a couple of decades ago. And although not as religious like some other countries, the effect of patriarchy in Bangladesh is probably just as strong. For comparison, US and UK/EU have female labor participation of 50-60%.

I agree that female empowerment is where it's at. Women have to have incomes to have a say in society. And to have incomes, they have to have education and be allowed careers to break the glass ceilings collectively.

And to have power over their own wombs - instead of the patriarchy having it.

Bangladesh followed that path decades ago, deeply following Islamic values nonetheless. Here's a few stories - you'll find quite a few in that channel of how women started off their own incomes). Sorry videos are in Bengali only.

Last edited:
I don't think Indians should be lecturing Pakistanis on womens' rights or any such topic.

Rate of female labor participation in India is pretty bad. Indian women have essentially no income and no rights, and I don't want to go into public abuse such as harassment/rape etc. (too shameful a topic).

ILO says India's rate of female labor participation is around 20%. that of Pakistan is 22%, that of Bangladesh is 31% and climbing (modeled estimates say it is actually around 36% currently in 2021).

In fact India's rate of female labor participation is less than that of Saudi (22%). :lol:

Apna ghar samhalo...

indian thurkis are only interested in women's rights to walk around naked and have sex with them at will. an indian hindu is nothing but an animal that listens to his animal instincts, and its inspired from their culture of 1000s of years that they are proud of.

indian thurkis are only interested in women's rights to walk around naked and have sex with them at will. an indian hindu is nothing but an animal that listens to his animal instincts, and its inspired from their culture of 1000s of years that they are proud of.

Sad but true.

Taking advantage of female weaknesses in India's commercialized society are more inviting than doing something about empowering females.

You know such blanket statements can be concocted for any community?

You know such blanket statements can be concocted for any community?

sure, but its not the muslim community that wants to see its women walk around naked. our culture has never promoted it. hindu culture on the other hand does promote it today, and has always promoted it based on their religious and cultural art and artifacts. you were the one that said that sexual promiscuity is wrong. so when islam speaks the same language you do, while indian culture does the opposite, i dont see a good reason for you to object to what i said.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom