What's new

AUDI starts feasibility study to assemble in Sindh

People here jumping up and down as f everyone can afford an Audi in Pakistan.

Audi is among the top luxury brands in the world. How many units can they manufacture in Pakistan? It would not be feasible I guess to build such an expensive car there. And I at least dont want to see a cheaply built Audi at the quality of Suzuki but price of an Audi!

Pakistan needs an auto industry that builds cars people can afford. We need small fuel efficient cars there. The types that sell in large quantities when imported used. The reason no one builds small cars when there is such a need is market size and profit margin. Smaller cars have smaller profit margins. So the assembly mafia only assembles big cars like Civic and Corolla as profit margin is bigger per unit.

Not necessary true..the Germans are the master of mass production and they can easily scale out models to compete with corrolla..nothing that even teen dabba mehran in pakistan cost the equivalent of a six cylinder comfortable vehicle overseas..

Not necessary true..the Germans are the master of mass production and they can easily scale out models to compete with corrolla..nothing that even teen dabba mehran in pakistan cost the equivalent of a six cylinder comfortable vehicle overseas..

And you think they will downgrade Audi, their premium brand for an amazing market called Pakistan! For that Volkswagen has VW brand to build cheap affordable car. By the term 'cheap' I dont mean Mehran quality. Their cheap is still very good.

Even Japanese cheap cars are very good but Suzuki having no incentive to improve quality as there is no competition, keeps building and selling extremely cheap quality cars in Pakistan.

And you think they will downgrade Audi, their premium brand for an amazing market called Pakistan! For that Volkswagen has VW brand to build cheap affordable car. By the term 'cheap' I dont mean Mehran quality. Their cheap is still very good.

Even Japanese cheap cars are very good but Suzuki having no incentive to improve quality as there is no competition, keeps building and selling extremely cheap quality cars in Pakistan.

If People of Pakistan can Buy Suzuki Kizashi worth 5 million PKR ... and can afford Toyota Altis and Honda Civic worth 2.6 Million.. they can also afford 3.5 Million worth Audi A3.... that is why there are many can be still seen on roads....

Toyota Prado and Land Cruisers Cost 20 million and everyday you can see 100's of those running on road....
Once Audi set the assembly Plant here obviously the Price of Audi will come down... Cause now they Import the car and have to pay tax and duties of it... It's a guess but Audi A3 will cost some what close to price of Honda Civic....

If People of Pakistan can Buy Suzuki Kizashi worth 5 million PKR ... and can afford Toyota Altis and Honda Civic worth 2.6 Million.. they can also afford 3.5 Million worth Audi A3.... that is why there are many can be still seen on roads....

Toyota Prado and Land Cruisers Cost 20 million and everyday you can see 100's of those running on road....
Once Audi set the assembly Plant here obviously the Price of Audi will come down... Cause now they Import the car and have to pay tax and duties of it... It's a guess but Audi A3 will cost some what close to price of Honda Civic....

But my argument is not against it. My argument is that Pakistan needs more affordable cars. Small and fuel efficient.

I hope Audi keeps quality and standard in mind. They dont fall down to the level of Toyota and Suzuki. Toyota Corolla here costs same as in Pakistan. So your argument that Audi will be cheaper when assembled in Pakistan is not valid.

Let's wait for Audi's feasibility study to complete first. Surely they will look at all these aspects.

We need to break this teen dabba monopoly of Pak Suzuki...if they want to take the manufacturing line to Iran...we should help them with free freight...soon they will learn that Iran home grown vehicles like Samand are far superior to teen dabba suzuki and they will find no appreciation in Persian market.
Except for samand thy have got soreen, Dena,peagout pars,Tiba and the list goes on btw the price of samand is 9 lakh pak rupees

People here jumping up and down as f everyone can afford an Audi in Pakistan.

Audi is among the top luxury brands in the world. How many units can they manufacture in Pakistan? It would not be feasible I guess to build such an expensive car there. And I at least dont want to see a cheaply built Audi at the quality of Suzuki but price of an Audi!

Pakistan needs an auto industry that builds cars people can afford. We need small fuel efficient cars there. The types that sell in large quantities when imported used. The reason no one builds small cars when there is such a need is market size and profit margin. Smaller cars have smaller profit margins. So the assembly mafia only assembles big cars like Civic and Corolla as profit margin is bigger per unit.
Exactly.

I appreciate more brands coming to Pakistan but we need affordable cars. We need an alternative for Suzuki Mehran in particular.

Car-makers should not cater to the needs of the rich only. Middle Class is not interested in Audi and vice versa.

The small family hatchback A3, and the supermini A1 are both affordable and offer robust performance and dependability to the average joe. Every line has a basic model and a top spec model for catering to a range of customers depending upon the size of their respective pockets. The diesel models are definitely the best in both power and economy.
Audi is certainly not the rich-only car it is made out to be.

I dont get Pakistani Public's fascination with V8 landcruisers and prado's. Each one of them cost above 10 million rupees. these days every second person in Islamabad , Lahore , Karachi has V8 . Why dont they buy luxury cars instead of buying these V8? . if a normal Pakistani were offered V8 jeep or Porsche 70 % of them will choose V8

Maybe got to do with the feeling that driving around landcruisers gives out the perception of being powerful?

Last edited:
I dont get Pakistani Public's fascination with V8 landcruisers and prado's. Each one of them cost above 10 million rupees. these days every second person in Islamabad , Lahore , Karachi has V8 . Why dont they buy luxury cars instead of buying these V8? . if a normal Pakistani were offered V8 jeep or Porsche 70 % of them will choose the latter .

Maybe got to do with the feeling that driving around landcruisers gives out the perception of being powerful?
king of the road, nichay hokar bethnay main, aur oonchay hokar bethnay main farq hota hai.

2ndly, road conditions of Karachi.

There you answered your own question , just take a look who drive them politicians , gaoon ka badmash and ofcourse the rich ..so it does give that impression .....and put in a vigo following V8 , it shouts power , paisa ,badmashi

I dont get Pakistani Public's fascination with V8 landcruisers and prado's. Each one of them cost above 10 million rupees. these days every second person in Islamabad , Lahore , Karachi has V8 . Why dont they buy luxury cars instead of buying these V8? . if a normal Pakistani were offered V8 jeep or Porsche 70 % of them will choose the latter .

Cost of V8 is 20 million for new one :D :D and Porsche cost 24 million

Back
Top Bottom