What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont jump to conclusions.

If tomorrow, terrorists manage to tale control of your nuclear weapons, only the American commandos will be able to save your country.

You need to SHUT THE HELL UP. This is Pakistan Army not Indian Army who will run into their dug outs & cry to US for help just like Kargil war.

SSG & Army did an excellent job.

Nobody knows where Pakistan Nuclear Weapons are & by the way I knew hindis will start this topic.

LOL you guys talk about how easy Taliban can infiltrate U.S. FOB or Marine Camps when they are poorly trained. How easy to kill a couple of CIA intelligence officers with a suicide bomber. Enough said.

As the americans come under pressure in afghanistan due to green-on-blue attacks and deeper penetration of taliban into US held territory, America will sponsor more and more terrorists in Pakistan to take out its frustration.
Pakistan is not responsible for America’s failure in Afghanistan, America is the architect of its own debacle

A NUCLEAR FACILITY HAS BEEN ATTACKED.

Its not a joke.

I hope the Americans will permanently position their troops on pakistani soil. I dont want a bunch of runaway terrorists running away with nukes and then paying a game of nuclear war.

Nuclear facility? Got proof to back up your claim?

Pakistan's nuclear weapons are in grave danger.

This attack was repulsed but in the next attack, the terrorists may also succeed in entering the critical complexes and take control of sensitive devices.

Are the Americans watching this ?
yes americans are watching this but ur superpower so come and get pak nuclear weapons:rofl::rofl:

Its not a joke.

I hope the Americans will permanently position their troops on pakistani soil. I dont want a bunch of runaway terrorists running away with nukes and then paying a game of nuclear war.
why should i let my and my future childrens lives be jeopardized

Its not a joke.

It is a joke because this base is not a nuclear facility, its an air force base. Go back a couple of pages, a reuters article already debunked your theory

Dont jump to conclusions.

If tomorrow, terrorists manage to tale control of your nuclear weapons, only the American commandos will be able to save your country.

buahahahah, They can save their own lives??
No one knows where our nuclear weapons are including president of Pakistan :)
Keep dreaming sweetheart

It is a joke because this base is not a nuclear facility, its an air force base. Go back a couple of pages, a reuters article already debunked your theory

I meant a complex with nukes.

An attack on such a high security complex cant be a joke, seriously, wats wrong with u ppl ?

Attackers were noob or not there was intelligence report already that is y all this happened so fast....... they killed all of these bastards before they can do any actual damage.........

Well ur logic is flawed ISI is not the one getting benefit by destroying it P3 orion and Saab . So plz stop acting like an idiot .

and it will be good if u dont bring Mumbai here coz then ................

But it was not destroyed, If it would have destroyed. Now as no hardware is destroyed, no enemy of pakistan is benefited. The big question is who is really benefited of this kind of fail attack.. How come 7 attackers were not able to get the ratio of 1:1? the ratio is 1:7 now...

If CIA/'RAW/MOSAD/MI6 have trained them they wouldn't be so ineffective...

Update: The latest news says the kill ratio is 1:9..

Aug 16, 2012 - 00:52

Militants attack major Pakistan air base; 9 killed

By Qasim Nauman

KAMRA, Pakistan (Reuters) - Islamist militants armed with rocket-propelled grenades and automatic weapons fought their way into one of Pakistan's largest air bases on Thursday, the air force said, in a brazen challenge to the nuclear-armed country's powerful military.

Only one aircraft was damaged, said an air force spokesman, adding that the Minhas air base at Kamra, in central Punjab province, did not house nuclear weapons. "No air base is a nuclear air base in Pakistan," he said.

A gunbattle raged for hours after the attack started. Commandos were called in to reinforce and police armoured personnel carriers could be seen heading into the base.

Eight militants and one soldier were killed, the spokesman said. The attackers moved through a nearby village under cover of darkness and climbed a nine foot (2.7 metre) wall strung with barbed wire to break into the base. Some were wearing military uniforms.

The assault cast doubts over official assertions that military operations had severely weakened militants waging a violent campaign to topple the U.S.-backed government and impose strict Islamic rule.

Security forces opened fire when militants strapped with suicide bombing vests approached aircraft hangars, prompting other militants to fire rocket-propelled grenades from outside the base's walls, said the air force spokesman.

Base commander Air Commodore Muhammad Azam, who led the operation against the attackers, was shot in the shoulder, but is in stable condition, said spokesman Captain Tariq Mahmood.

It was not immediately clear if the attack was beaten back but a Reuters reporter who reached Kamra in the morning did not hear any gunfire. Combing and sweeping operations were still underway.

"We are checking every inch of the complex to make sure there are no other miscreants," said Mahmood.

Minhas, 75 km (45 miles) northeast of Islamabad, is adjacent to the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, a major air force research and development centre. Pakistan manufactures JF-17 fighter planes, jointly developed with China, at the site.

Suicide bombers launched attacks near the base and the aeronautical complex in 2007 and 2009, but news reports said defences were not breached.

HOLY MONTH

It was not immediately clear how the attackers managed to enter the sprawling base this time. Although the attack took place at about 2 a.m. (2100 GMT Wednesday), it is likely many of the soldiers on the base were awake for prayers or breakfast during the holy fasting month of Ramadan.

Faheemullah Khan, a civilian who lives near the base, said he was at a mosque praying when he heard gunfire and explosions which he thought were military exercises.

"Then we came to a restaurant, which is next to the main entrance to the base, and heard a louder explosion," he said.

"We saw six police vans rush in, and realised something was wrong."

Several squadrons of fighters and surveillance planes are believed to be based at Minhas.

"One body of a suicide bomber strapped with explosives has been found close to the impact area," said an air force statement.

Pakistan's Taliban movement has staged a number of high-profile attacks over the past few years, including one on army headquarters in Rawalpindi in 2009.

Last year, six Taliban gunmen attacked a naval base in Pakistan's biggest city Karachi to avenge the killing of Osama bin Laden. At least 10 military personnel were killed and 20 wounded in the 16-hour assault.

Those attacks, and the latest one, are embarrassing for Pakistan's military, which has ruled the country for more than half of its 65-year history and is seen as the most efficient state institution.

The Taliban, which is close to al Qaeda, is blamed for many of the suicide bombings across Pakistan, a strategic U.S. ally.

Pakistan's military, one of the biggest in the world, has staged several offensives against Taliban strongholds in the unruly tribal areas near the border with Afghanistan.

But the operations have failed to break the back of the Taliban. Major suicide bombings have eased considerably over the past year but that could be due to a tactical shift and not pressure from the military.

(Additional reporting by Sheree Sardar in ISLAMABAD and Jibran Ahmad in PESHAWAR; Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Raju Gopalakrishnan)

URL of this article
Militants attack major Pakistan air base; 9 killed- swissinfo

I woke up at Sahri & saw the news on TV then after that I couldn’t sleep, only curse was coming out of my heart against these foreign terrorists who were also most probably NOT Muslims & I was praying that our Pak Army crushes these bastards.
The aircrafts which were there were the main targets, the main target like p3’c Orion’s were Pakistan’s AWACS but thanks to ALLAH SUBHAN TALLAH nothing happened to these aircraft & they were all successfully airborne during the operation against these terrorists. Reports say there were no JF-17’s in the base, well they are just reports some others reports says otherwise.

They were all foreign terrorists & an Retired Army Officer said that they have been trained, funded & Intel was given to them by foreign powers & foreign Intel Agencies but this time I really want to see the names of who all were involved in this attack, who planned & organized these attacks. My guess is this was all done by US & NATO to press Pakistan for an operation on NWA by naming US & NATO this doesn’t mean I am ruling out India’s name because attacks on Mehran Base where P3C Orion’s was destroyed & it had only benefited India. I am sure there is Indian involvement as well.

I am praying that names comes out of who all were invovled in this cowardly attack.

Now after these attacks we all will see US raising Security concerns on our Nuclear Assets & they will bark as usual.

It was a great work by our Pakistan Army who had dealt with this problem quickly, I pray for their success & safety always AMEEN.

I pity you hope almighty will give wisdom and courage to understand and face reality.
These days the biggest threat to Muslim is none other than Muslim brother!!

A COMPLEX WITH NUKES HAS BEEN ATTACKED.

Its not a joke.

so I suppose india wants Pakistani nukes delivered to it for an eternal peace of mind ? we can oblige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom