What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that all the social media sites are based in the US, they are subject to US government bias. Organizations that are deemed hostile to US interests (and marked as terrorist or otherwise persona non grata) will be blocked by US-based social media companies, while others will flourish. In other words, the US government has become the arbiter of what constitutes free speech around the world........
Well your explanation about social media and decay of information is quite right. I agree that any opinion that is formed through social media decays faster than opinion based on Mainstream media. Many people don't even watch MSM programs but are online most of the time using Facebook or Twitter.

Demographically, people who are intelligent enough to see the reasons behind events occurring around them are more inclined to MSM rather than social media. I am not saying they don't believe on information from Word Of Mouth (WOM) communication through websites , but they certainly like to make their own judgment based on all the information they gather from all sources.

But in majority of populace like in our country, the majority people who don't have internet connection, their opinion is based on newspaper and news channel. Word of Mouth communication between people (physical conversation) is also important. But there emerges a new phenomenon called SOCIAL INFLUENCE. (we left WoM through social media)

Social influence is the pressure that an individual experiences as people around him/her follows certain ideology. Even if these people don't believe in MSM or not have conversation with the followers of certain ideology, this pressure makes them accept the trending notion.

It is also called HERD BEHAVIOR. These people give more weight to other peoples' decision rather than their own.

So when we talk about MSM, WoM and Social Influence, even if small population gets affected by MSM by govt. or other ideas propagating on Internet, WOM and Social influence takes over the role of Internet based social media.

Now considering Critical number of population who adopted certain idea presented by the experts etc. on MSM. It leads to emergence of followers of these experts and learned people and IF this population becomes this Critical population ( which believing in MSM and these experts), the Anonymous forums on internet and their followers faces tough challenge to change peoples' opinion.

The competition emerges among the MSM and Social media, where initial number of followers matters a lot coz, WoM of Social media is stronger than that of MSM but the decay rate of Social Media is way higher than MSM. (Look at Competition Model of Products from two or more Companies)

In case of GoI, GoI failed to use or control the social media in initial stage which created a critical mass or critical number of population. Once you have this critical number of people against any decision, things are out of control even from Govts.

That's why GoI wants more control on social media. And they use the same thing against "illegal Bangladeshians". It is just like product placement by companies similar to what Mastan sir said. For future, GoI will make more stringent policies.

The keywords that should be looked into for more details are :
External influences like news channel, advertisement etc.
Internal Influences like Word of Mouth (WoM) and Social Influences.
Critical Population
Time taken to reach the Critical population

Now these Internal Influences, whether it is digital or physical, plays the major role in success of any ideology (especially after Critical Number) and hence affects the Govt. steps that follows .

This attack and Mehran attack, has resulted in people who are now more concerned about the security structure within Pakistan rather than other issues like Kashmir etc. Since the drone strikes, OBL raid and TTP raids and attacks, people now want action to be taken for their security. What I see is any action by Pakistan Army even on its own people to get rid of extremists will be backed by majority of Pakistanis and this support will come too fast which save the time for implementation of such decisions, which is crucial for stability of already peaceful regions.

P.S. I apologize if this post in confusing, if people have any doubt or criticism, kindly share.

That's why GoI wants more control on social media. [...] For future, GoI will make more stringent policies.

I agree with what you wrote, but just wanted to highlight the above portion. Social media is on the govt's radar already.

In any case, I think social media is an over-hyped passing fad. Ten years from now, Facebook and Twitter will be gone. Facebook is like a candy store for criminals; information put on the net WILL be stolen by hackers; it's only a matter of time and Facebook is only a few high-profile lawsuits away from bankruptcy.

Anyway, back to the discussion...

So what is the final outcome, 4 AWACS plus 1 transport a/c fleet of SAAB 2k, 1 destroyed, 1 partially destroyed but repairable , so right now 2 AWAC and 1 transport are av. Correct???? Finally fleet will be 3 +1

So what is the final outcome, 4 AWACS plus 1 transport a/c fleet of SAAB 2k, 1 destroyed, 1 partially destroyed but repairable , so right now 2 AWAC and 1 transport are av. Correct???? Finally fleet will be 3 +1

No confirmed reports yet...
The PAF statement memtioned one damaged aircraft...no word on the type..
Rumor says many things,and you are quoting rumors...

Krait,

You are so correct in what you stated and our superstar Blain2 as always has a sob story for the management----. If the captain of a sea faring vessel takes the fall as does the captain of an airplane then why do people like Blain2 come up with excuses to support the incompetent base commanders---.

Is there a personal interest vested over here---or as I have stated many a times before---the guy is clueless about strategic warfare and pro-active approach towards security of fixed assets.

The base commander needs to face the court martial and a firing squad---this man and the one at karachi---set them up in fornt of he firing squad and then see how these generals suddenly have found newfound energy and resource to protect the assets---.

Hang the top three---rest will get in line automatically---.

Wallah,
Fascinating isn't it---some one go tell Blain2 about it---even an average joe---the peaceful civilian knows about it as well---he also knows what it takes to have security---.

Blain2---don't you feel embarrassed and ashamed even to be on this board and have that title and post your lame excuses---I mean to say---every man has to have some character and dignity---where is yours---you have always been a failure at what you have assessed regarding the defencive and offencive capabilities of pak millitary---there has to be a point where you say---enough is enough---I cannot shame myself any more than that..

All you have posted in defence of these two base commanders is absolutely pathetic and disgusting----these men were and are incharge of billions opf dollars of assets of the milliatry---destruction of those assets has been totally embarrassing and humiliating as well as degrading for the millitry---and you have come out non-challantly for their defence---.

These two men need to be executed alongwith their 2Ic's----.

Mastan,

If you think I am going to be baited by your immature and silly personal posts, think again. Get over yourself and get off your high horse for a change. I know you have a fan base here that looks forward to reading your high and mighty pronouncements, regardless of how factually incorrect they may be, I am not bothered in the least bit. So carry on carrying on. I am sure we have not had a thinker of your caliber in ages. Just back off the personal comments. As a senior member, one would hope you would exercise better judgement with regards to such things.

been through the whole thread and all i can say it's very easy to criticize others at the comfort of your room in front of a computer posting on a WEB FORUM but what you might and might not have done in place of that commander at that spur of time is anyone's guess.

you want my honest opinion, that commander was in trouble right at the second the base was attacked, he could had sit on his *** and waited it out or he could had tried to minimize the damage done by any possible way, which he had. Maybe that guy did not had fool proof security but than again there is no such thing as a fool proof security, what matters now is that he and his team managed to stop a situation which we could easily had escalated into a bigger disaster so give that guy some slack for that "small" achievement?

Iraq is better ?? For whom US soldiers or Iraqi people ??

I meant Iraqi people.

Have you read about the carnage the AQ guys did during holy month of ramzan & eid or not ?? Are you in touch with the constant bombings happening killing dozens each week.

Not tracking it particularly closely but yes, I don't see the daily reports of the sectarian carnage in hundreds that used to fill the papers every day. I guess that is improvement.

Iraq is in sheit, the people are dying except the US soldiers, if that you call success, then i have no words to argue with you as its useless to argue.

If one goes by the media, there are more people dying in Syria today than Iraq.

Before that it was Baharain and Libya.

See, whether you argue with me or not doesn't make any difference. Not to me and not to you. All we should care for is being factual.

been through the whole thread and all i can say it's very easy to criticize others at the comfort of your room in front of a computer posting on a WEB FORUM but what you might and might not have done in place of that commander at that spur of time is anyone's guess.

you want my honest opinion, that commander was in trouble right at the second the base was attacked, he could had sit on his *** and waited it out or he could had tried to minimize the damage done by any possible way, which he had. Maybe that guy did not had fool proof security but than again there is no such thing as a fool proof security, what matters now is that he and his team managed to stop a situation which we could easily had escalated into a bigger disaster so give that guy some slack for that "small" achievement?

Hi,

Young pakistanis---always selling themselves short---always trying to find ways to broom embarrassing situations under the rug. It does not work that way---either give up pakistan to its fate or raise your expectations and ask for more.

Other than that---you have a very poor opinion---at your stage of interest---I would that you rather listen and learn from the opinions of those who want to raise the standards. It was the job of that guy to have fool proof security---he has the most expensive assets of the nation at his disposal and under his command---.

How lowly a citizen of a nation has to be who cannot fully condemn a man who was given the safekeeping of the most valuable asset in the nation and when that man failed due to sheer incompetence and ignorance---others came running to justify his actions.

With a mindset like that---how can you kids grow up to build a nation---. When the very basics of your thinking is faulty---how is it possible to dwell onto getting positive results out of it.

Blain2,

You are mistaken---I am not trying to bait you---. I never bait anyone---. What I have asked you to do is to admit that you are wrong in your assessment and analogy---. Share with me what is factually incorrect and I will offer my apology---and will want to learn from my mistake---I ain't no saint---.

Well... I actually would agree with Vnod here more than TK.. sorry.

According to international threat alerts ... it is Pakistan on top, irrespective of ground reality.

It is allowed for foreigners to visit Iraq and Afghanistan but Pakistan.

There are more international airlines flying into Afghanistan and Iraq than Pakistan... a fact!

I'm not debating here but telling you state of affairs.

Trust me, Indians are doing business in Iraq, and they know it first hand and so do i.

Anyway, Bringing Iraq into the discussion was a troll bait... lets drop it here.

All of what you say may be true.

Yet every Iraqi would take what Pakistan has today versus what he or she went through to get to where they are today.

They are no better today than what they were 10 years ago.

Doing business is not the point. I do business with Iraq (and Iran) too. The entire world did business with us as well when we were under British rule.

If WMD and regime change was the excuse, then what the hell was the US doing there 10 years on.
?

Please, do not ever wish on your nation and your people what Iraq and Iraqis had to endure.

Mumbai attack. Remember the Pakistani media traced Ajmal Kasab's home in Pakistan.
This is the first time that the attackers were traced all the way to their homes via NADRA database..
I have never heard of another incident when the terrorists had been identified to their home addresses....

Mumbai attack. Remember the Pakistani media traced Ajmal Kasab's home in Pakistan.

There is a difference between a person alive and kicking and one who has been sent to oblivion.

Hi,
Other than that---you have a very poor opinion---at your stage of interest---I would that you rather listen and learn from the opinions of those who want to raise the standards.

Well who gets to decide who has a poor opinion? Last i check i had the right of forming my own opinion and i was taught to respect opinions of others. In case of difference of opinion one should hear and offer counter arguments without being rude. :)

How lowly a citizen of a nation has to be who cannot fully condemn a man who was given the safekeeping of the most valuable asset in the nation and when that man failed due to sheer incompetence and ignorance---others came running to justify his actions.

Maybe you missed where i pointed out that Commander was in trouble right at the second the base was attacked. Neither i recall mentioning anything in lines of giving him a medal. It was his responsibility and he failed it in a way but what we have to keep in mind that he also succeeded in failing the plans of the attackers (assumption based on the ammunition they had and what they had managed to do at Mehran). I merely said that it's easy for us living room warriors to accuse someone at the comfort of our room. You seriously disagree with my statement?

With a mindset like that---how can you kids grow up to build a nation---. When the very basics of your thinking is faulty---how is it possible to dwell onto getting positive results out of it.

Thank you for making me feel younger, I am a father of two nearing my 40's. I am sure i will still end up calling you uncle but none the less thank you for making me feel young again. :)

Thank you for making me feel younger, I am a father of two nearing my 40's. I am sure i will still end up calling you uncle but none the less thank you for making me feel young again. :)

40 is young man.

And all serious action starts after 40.

Maybe we could swap notes .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom