What's new

Attack on Indian military in Indian Occupied Kashmir and Assam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serial explosions rock Assam, no casualty
Guwahati/Tinsukia, Aug 15, 2016, (PTI):
564598_thump.jpg

A series of five bomb explosions by suspected ULFA-Independent militants rocked upper Assam's Charaido and Tinsukia districts this morning as the state celebrated the country's 70th Independence Day.

There was no casualty or injury in any of the explosions, police said.
A blast was reported at an abandoned place beside an interior road at 7.40 AM at a place under Tengapukhari outpost in Charaideo district, Superintendent of Police A P Tiwari said.

The militants had apparently placed the bomb under the ground, Tiwari said.

In Tinsukia district, four other explosions were triggered by the insurgent outfit. An improvised explosive devise (IED) went off near Indira Gandhi School at Laipuli area on the outskirts of district headquarters of Tinsukia town at 7.15 AM, the officials said.

This was followed by another blast in line no.6 of Badlabhata Tea Estate in Doomdooma area where the third IED was also set off at Masuwa, they said.

The fourth one exploded at Gamtumati in Philobari area where ULFA-I militants on August 12 night had shot dead two persons and injured six others in indiscriminate firing at Bahbon village.

Yesterday, a powerful 4 kg IED was recovered at Mukum based on interception of an ULFA-I message, officials said.

On August 5, 14 people were killed and over 20 injured by NDFB (Songbijit) insurgents at Balajan in Kokrajhar district.

Security measures have been tightened across Assam and patrolling by security forces intensified, the police added.

Militants attack security personnel, injure five
Srinagar, Aug 15, 2016, (PTI);
564590_thump.gif

Militants today attacked security forces at Nowhatta in downtown Srinagar, injuring five personnel, and triggering a gunfight.

The unspecified number of militants fired at the security forces in the area which is close to the historic Jama Masjid.

Five security personnel were injured in the militant attack, a police official said.
The exchange of fire was going on.

The attack came as the country is celebrating the 70th Independence Day.

• Militants attack security personnel, injure five
  • Srinagar: Militants today attacked security forces at Nowhatta in downtown Srinagar, injuring five personnel, and triggering a gunfight.

2 Terrorist killed in Kashmir and no casualty in Assam so its definitely a Happy Independence Day for us

Obsessive - This Must be the 4th thread of the same News article from AFP

Am not sure why some pak members celebrate whenever attacks take place in India .. but they cry if it happens in their country..

Am not sure why some pak members celebrate whenever attacks take place in India .. but they cry if it happens in their country..

Bad Terrorist - Once who attack Pakistan. Hence, they mourn. :cry: Good Terrorist - One who attack India. Hence, they. ..

Please write clear as I am unable to understand your urdinglish!!! Same happens here and I am at pains to really understand what you are trying to say.
:) thats exactily what happen when you dont use your brain ... you will get pain .. how india is in .

Well today's Assam Blasts were a retaliation.

The last rites of Kishori Sah and his son Rajesh Sah who were killed in Friday’s incident was performed today. Dibrugarh Lok Sabha Member of Parliament Rameswar Teli and Doomdooma MLA Durga Bhumij attended the funeral rites. Upper Assam Commissioner Mukti Gogoi also visited Phillobari to take stock of the situation.

On the other hand, overall security has been tightened in entire Tinsukia district in the wake of tomorrow’s Independence Day celebration. Police reportedly received intelligence inputs that a group of ULFA(I) cadres led by Rupom Asom and Uday Asom have entered Tinsukia district and this group was involved in the Phillobari incident, informed a police source.

The source also informed that a massive operation by police, Army and CRPF has been going on in entire Tinsukia district to nab the militants.

In the meantime, security forces arrested an ULFA(I) cadre from Saru Maithang village under Kakopothar Police Station last night. The cadre has been identified as Biju Baruah alias Rajib Asom.

http://www.assamtribune.com/scripts/detailsnew.asp?id=aug1516/state051

++
@waz @WAJsal @WebMaster
Threads running as per post #2 so can you pls merge all the threads..
thanks

Not in India *in Kashmir...
If something happen in India then it must not allowed to happen and stopped by any means...

Where is stupid modi and co this is called freedom not some goon saying jai hind

Good to know there were no injuries in the blasts.
ULFA has lost capability to make good quality explosives.
Weakness of ULFA can be seen the fact that there were 85 security forces fatalities in 1996 & 65 in 2000 whereas in 2015 & 2016 there were only 1.

httpwwwsatporg/satporgtp/countries/india/states/assam/data_sheets/insurgency_related_killings.htm

These were Very low level blasts. Only reason these attacks were carried out by ULFA(I) to give a reminder to new Assam Govt that They are still alive.

You dont blast bombs inside Tea Gardens or near closed shops if you want to carry out an effective attack. They got the desired limelight from TRP seeking media.

I lead a wonderful life and due to my nature of business, i visit most news sites, kindly make yours worthwhile by addressing the topic and not the op. :D
What is your job?? are you an editor?? kindly arrange a job for me in media :-D

Stop Hiding the truth I heard that more than 10 Indian Soldiers Killed today
it was 100 actually ! by the way what is the latest Pakistani score this year alone !!

Where is stupid modi and co this is called freedom not some goon saying jai hind
dont worry ! freedom fighters will visit you soon!

Freedom fighters from Indian Occupied Kashmir.
there are at least 10 freedom fighters in Pakistan for every single freedom fighter in india !!

Nearly 800 rats killed by fc in Karachi tells alot
good .. !!

Kashmiri Freedom Fighters are doing a great job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom