What's new

Attack on Hamid Mir: Geo TV declares war on ISI

Another gift from Musharraf. Open that media up and invite lobbying parties. But too bad it didn't go his way of increasing his popularity :lol:

Agencies warned Musharraf not to give licences to these newspaper groups. But he didn't listen. Now face the heat.

What is Hamid Mir's agenda? What is his purpose? What is his motivation? These questions should be asked.

To say, he is anti-Pakistani is not enough. The world is a small place. We Pakistanis know each other, the way we think. Hamid Mir started his career from Lahore as a journalist. What exactly does he want to achieve through his work and efforts? What motivates him? He eats and lives like any other Pakistani.
In a simple word, money.

Below posted news published today in Jang ... In all news Jang group has tried to malign ISI & PA ..........

1728.gif

189.gif

1731.gif

yes I heard that abbasi, very cleverly, asking for the resignation of General Zaheer, while sugar coating his words, just not to sound controversial enough..

in my head, the question was, how important is hamid mir to Pakistan, that General Zaheer should resign over this incident

Agencies warned Musharraf not to give licences to these newspaper groups. But he didn't listen. Now face the heat.

I think it was inevitable

Last edited:
yes I heard that abbasi, very cleverly, asking for the resignation of General Zaheer, while sugar coating his words, just not to sound controversial enough..

in my head, the question was, how important is hamid mir to Pakistan, that General Zaheer should resign over this incident

I think it was inevitable

Can you give me the link to that program/discussion?

And guys, don't get 'melt-down' by Geo news apparent 're-conciliation' efforts. Geo has been an anti-state, anti-Pakistan channel....They have blown their cover this time...Make sure to boycott Geo..Tell your cable operators to take that channel off..Let make Geo pay

Can you give me the link to that program/discussion?

And guys, don't get 'melt-down' by Geo news apparent 're-conciliation' efforts. Geo has been an anti-state, anti-Pakistan channel....They have blown their cover this time...Make sure to boycott Geo..Tell your cable operators to take that channel off..Let make Geo pay

assalamu alaikum brother. After General Asim Bajwa, ansar abbasi starts speaking at 10:50 mins. He asks for General Zaheer' ul Islam's resignation at 12:40 mins.

Please see this link

PAK is so messed up , don't know who is CIA and ISI agent , everyone blame each other for being CIA and RAW agent. PAK Govt blame taliban to be RAW agent and then sit and dinner with them .....IS PAK Army is CIA and RAW agent? because they approve drone attack on PAK, must be CIA agent .

drones strikes are against animals .. Taliban are not humans ,, even if Army give permission I think they done it right ..

GEO is starting a war they should know they cannot win. They are on the hit list of the TTP, now they have successfully alienated the Army. They have shot themselves in the foot, give it some time and this horrible TV Channel will be out of business.

GEO is starting a war they should know they cannot win. They are on the hit list of the TTP, now they have successfully alienated the Army. They have shot themselves in the foot, give it some time and this horrible TV Channel will be out of business.
They may be out of business, but they have done their damage to the state. Regardless of "who started it".. this has become a case of turmoil. CIA in not god either, one should see congressional hearings and how the CIA Chief is torn a new one by senators and congressmen alike. Media houses there also run stories against the CIA and FBI and there are no rabid dog reactions by the public as they are happening in the country... but there is a difference. When a Media house does run a story on the CIA or FBI or otherwise, there is a supporting statement from the government that takes the front for the agency or branch involved. It agrees to investigate these allegations and a process begins. The Irangate scandal is a clear example of this.
At this point, the media house regulates itself and decides to run the story of the cat that got stuck in the tree..
Here, all you see on Geo is Hamid Mir and needless speculation and venom. That is the result of zero ethics and effective regulation.

That is the correct way: News channels thrive on viewership that brings in advertising revenues. Anything that jeopardizes this will bring about a change in coverage very effectively. Let the people and the advertisers speak with their eyes, ears and wallets.

They may be out of business, but they have done their damage to the state. Regardless of "who started it".. this has become a case of turmoil. CIA in not god either, one should see congressional hearings and how the CIA Chief is torn a new one by senators and congressmen alike. Media houses there also run stories against the CIA and FBI and there are no rabid dog reactions by the public as they are happening in the country... but there is a difference. When a Media house does run a story on the CIA or FBI or otherwise, there is a supporting statement from the government that takes the front for the agency or branch involved. It agrees to investigate these allegations and a process begins. The Irangate scandal is a clear example of this.
At this point, the media house regulates itself and decides to run the story of the cat that got stuck in the tree..
Here, all you see on Geo is Hamid Mir and needless speculation and venom. That is the result of zero ethics and effective regulation.

There is a difference in playing the game, and demanding the game be stopped. The game never stops, one just needs to play it better than the other team.

let me get this straight:

- talking against Pak Army - even if they do something good or bad - is a RAW camper or India's supporter?
- people here are "happy" with a journalist being shot . there was no trial, there was no confirmation of his "mis deeds" just allegations and perception.

those two above are a recipe for a nazi state in my opinion.

GEO has done a blunder by openly going against the ISI...such stupidity and unprofessional behaviour..? their credibility is on stake now...which was already infact.....they may have to face humiliation for that....making it a personal matter....nowhere in the World happens like that....

Back
Top Bottom