What's new

Attack at Shia procession in Bahawalnagar, Pakistan.

As expected "Shia - Sunni" useless blame game is started on PDF; the enemy knows how to exploit the sectarian fault lines and then our awaam (some of them) act as a catalyst to speed up the process enemy instigated....

But I give credit to Pakistan Ulema Council for making an statement to keep harmony across ALL religious sectarian entities...

1629393817617.png

Can I just press the fast forward button and go to 2100 where Pakistan is now a rational, scientific, space based civilization?

I look out my window and I see 2021, I come on here and I feel like I am in time warp back to 1920s.

As the Taliban come into power, these elements which had hidden into the woodwork are now going to come back to life - we will see them in sectarian violence, in violence against minorities and women, and will see them online abusing and bullying.

In short, business as usual.

Well, it's always to blame others .. Our sectarian problems and strife is very much homegrown

Our very own Sheikh Ahmed Sirhindi, revered as Mujaddid Alif Sani (the reviver of the second millennium) was issuing Fatwas declaring it obligatory for the Sunni rulers and common men to kill Shias (whom he declared worst kafirs) and confiscate their properties and belongings, as early as the 16th century. Although initially imprisoned by the Mughal Emperor Jahangir, he was subsequently made a part of the Mughal Royal Camp. He greatly utilised this position of power and in a few years became the most prominent and influential scholar of India. Around the same time, a struggle was going on in the Pashtun belt between the followers of unorthodox Pir-e-Roshan followers and orthodox Pir Baba and Akhund Darweza (buried in Peshawar) followers. Mughal emperors had declared war on the followers of Pir-e-Roshan which ultimately led to emergence of Akhund Darweza's orthodox Islam as the prominent version/interpretation of Islam in the Pakhtun areas, something that has remained unchanged ever since.

Then, in the 18 century, came another very famous and influential scholar Shah Waliullah Dehalvi, another fiercely Anti-Shia preacher, who besides issuing decrees banning Shia religious practices, strongly advocated that the Arab way was the right way. Shah Waliullah and Abdul Wahhab Najadi were both students of Muhammad Hayyat ibn Ibrahim al-Sindhi, a Naqshbandi follower of Ahmed Sirhindi from Sindh (present day Pakistan) and a staunch admirer of Ibn e Taimiyyah. Ahmad Shah Abdali was persuaded by Shah Waliullah to invade India and kill/expel Marathas as well as Shias from Delhi. No Shia remained in Delhi after Abdali's invasion.

Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Allama Mohammad Iqbal, Abul A’la Maududi and many others carried forward the tradition of Waliullah with slight re-adjustment. And then came his son Shah Abdul Aziz, the man who shaped the Sunni attitude towards Shia and vice versa (in the form it exists today) through his writings. Deoband was just a continuation of the exclusivist and sectarian legacy of Sheikh Ahmed Sirhindi, Shaha Waliullah, Ahmed Shah Abdali and others.

We can go on and on. Our sectarian problem is not imported, it's very much homegrown and has deep roots in our history. Factors like Saudi/Iranian funding only exploit the already existing fault lines

They must have their reasons.

In short, business as usual.
That had died down after 140 children lost their lives - but that’s old news now and the Taliban takeover is going to encourage all those who hid their terrorist views out of fear of being ostracized by society after the aps massacre

That had died down after 140 children lost their lives - but that’s old news now and the Taliban takeover is going to encourage all those who hid their terrorist views out of fear of being ostracized by society after the aps massacre

Those who do not learn from history ... ... ...

Those who do not learn from history ... ... ...
I offend many when I call Pakistan a hell - but as is promised with hell “the skin will be burnt, refreshed and then burnt again”

i recall racism against Pashtons in Punjab right after terror attacks. wrong association and generalisation.
Deobandis are decent and loving people. As much Muslim like anyone else. they are loyal and patriots, friend of friends.

they dont deserve any blame if someone of their faith commits terror. everyone is responsible for own actions only.
Dear Baloch Brother, if you saying so then the person who saying this Deobandi Terrorist thing is wrong, why you not deleting his post and baning him? This ch*tya is declaring 70 percent population terrorist.

Deobandi terrorists strike again. They are allowed to spread their extremist virus among their sect by the state. The mudrasas where these gems are produced should be sealed and their funders must be exposed. Why were these snakes spared during rad ul fasad? What purpose do these terrorists serve?

What about the barelwis terrorist, have you called them out with that same prejudice?

Back
Top Bottom