What's new

Atlantic aircraft of Pakistan Navy .. Shot Down on 10th August 1999.

Sir first My condolence to you lost a family member. you allways miss him in every happy time in your family may god rest his soul in peace.. that Shot Down. Create lots of Questions .that why I create this ..if you have any information please share with me take care
Brother thank you however I only know as much as the rest of of the country. Gen Musharraf decided to presue a case against India in the ICJ, our lawyers were incompetent and we lost the case; the ICJ verdict was that the court holds no jurisdiction over disputes.

The main road near where Lt. Rizwan’s brother lives was renamed after Lt. Rizwan Maqsood (the road is in Lahore).

As for the flight information; the bodies and debris were found in Pakistan and not india. The aircraft was shot down a month after the Kargil War and no warning shots were fired upon the aircraft. The aircraft was located at Mehran Naval Base, Karachi. A group of forign diplomats and news outlets were heli dropped to the crash site to prove that the aircraft was shot down with in Pakistani air space.

The flight was collecting geographical data and was not spying.

Brother thank you however I only know as much as the rest of of the country. Gen Musharraf decided to presue a case against India in the ICJ, our lawyers were incompetent and we lost the case; the ICJ verdict was that the court holds no jurisdiction over disputes.

The main road near where Lt. Rizwan’s brother lives was renamed after Lt. Rizwan Maqsood (the road is in Lahore).

As for the flight information; the bodies and debris were found in Pakistan and not india. The aircraft was shot down a month after the Kargil War and no warning shots were fired upon the aircraft. The aircraft was located at Mehran Naval Base, Karachi. A group of forign diplomats and news outlets were heli dropped to the crash site to prove that the aircraft was shot down with in Pakistani air space.

The flight was collecting geographical data and was not spying.
yes that my point (A group of forign diplomats and news outlets were heli dropped to the crash site to prove that the aircraft was shot down with in Pakistani air space.(the bodies and debris were found in Pakistan and not india) that my point Sir. PAF and PAK ARMY did not take Action in time. even Pakistan Air Defence silent ..or maybe not their etc. why not except the weakness its not big deal not shame thing.. my Point is that area Run of Kutch and Korkarapar Area in Sindh along with indian border.in that time the weakest Area of Pakistan military. and Indian take advantage and shot down Navy Air Craft...

Sir please Read this .then you understand the Main question " yes that my point (A group of forign diplomats and news outlets were heli dropped to the crash site to prove that the aircraft was shot down with in Pakistani air space.(the bodies and debris were found in Pakistan and not india) that my point Sir. PAF and PAK ARMY did not take Action in time. even Pakistan Air Defense silent ..or maybe not their etc. why not except the weakness its not big deal not shame thing.. my Point is that area Run of Kutch and Korkarapar Area in Sindh along with indian border.in that time the weakest Area of Pakistan military. and Indian take advantage and shot down Navy Air Craft

Question .. what is Military take Action in that Area After this … now talk about in 2018. Is there any Military development seen?

Any Air Base or Military Base create which cover this Area?

What Navy learned After this huge loss ? P-3C is not the Answer Naval Base ? anything ?

yes that my point (A group of forign diplomats and news outlets were heli dropped to the crash site to prove that the aircraft was shot down with in Pakistani air space.(the bodies and debris were found in Pakistan and not india) that my point Sir. PAF and PAK ARMY did not take Action in time. even Pakistan Air Defence silent ..or maybe not their etc. why not except the weakness its not big deal not shame thing.. my Point is that area Run of Kutch and Korkarapar Area in Sindh along with indian border.in that time the weakest Area of Pakistan military. and Indian take advantage and shot down Navy Air Craft...
If you didn’t know the Run of Kuch area is also disputed territory however both countries have kind of reached a conclusion and the area is not really considered hostile. It’s probably the reason why it’s not well protected.

The PM was Nawaz Sharif at the time and he didn’t really want to take control of the situation, it’s only after Marshal Law was imposed that the case was taken to ICJ.

If you didn’t know the Run of Kuch area is also disputed territory however both countries have kind of reached a conclusion and the area is not really considered hostile. It’s probably the reason why it’s not well protected.

The PM was Nawaz Sharif at the time and he didn’t really want to take control of the situation, it’s only after Marshal Law was imposed that the case was taken to ICJ.
ok Sir let see the other point
I am try to mentioned that area Run of Kutch is very danger then India Received Ah-64E, and others U.S. made advance weapons and equipment’s . and personals too, don’t forget Salalah post and Abbottabad.. I want to awake my nation to careful in future and specially our Armed Forces to see last. In further Pakistan not only fight against enemy machines and uniform soldiers, Pakistan now fight against conspiracy sold out personals etc. Our Enemy looking modern surgical strikes and they planning for it . because Inside Pakistan Government not stable every department of Government is in unstable circumstances etc.

The only new devolvement I have seen in District Thatta sindh Pak Army Radar Station and little Army Base near Cement Factory, otherwise long Run of kutch Area are empty mud ground miles and miles.

In India Jamnagar fully Operation advance Base cover the Area and regular patrolling with Mig-29s.

Distance between Narayan Sarovar and Pakistan Border Gujarat is 322 kms or 200.1 miles or 173.9 nautical miles.

@dsr478 To be honest India has retaliated successfully by capturing Point 5310 & Anzabari peak inside Pak side of LoC as well as Point 5770 which was previously under Pak control in Siachen.
thats indian article and what the title says read carefully

The rarely told story of vital Point 5353 India failed to retake from Pakistan in Kargil
many other key positions Pakistan capture it and still own it
Point Aftab-I
Point Saddle Ridge
Point Bunker Ridge
Shangruti
Dhalunag
vital Point 5353

it was shameful as we should have shot down their transport plan too, not that difficult to pick and choose one..

The context was it was soon after Kargil and Indians wanted to settle the score for domestic audience .Now what happens happens and great loss ,In Feb 2019 we got a chance to settle some old scores as well as taught them a lesson but we didnt .Its irony and some how disgrace on the blood of soldiers who lost there lives ,If PAF has some half dozen in radar those should have been shot down.Even a sub in EEZ .What a blow it could have been to Indians and there dream of encicling Karachi would have been over

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom