What's new

ATF-10 NLOS - Nasty shock for 'Cold Start'?

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
China unveils its latest Armor killing Non Line of Sight (NLOS) system based on ZBD-04A, carrying 8 ATF-10 missiles.

The actual range of this new NLOS system is not yet known, however IMO if Pakistan can mount these turrets on M113 or Al-Zarrar chasis, it can prove to be a potent weapon against a potential armored thrust under India's proposed proactive war doctrine. It is able to engage multiple targets with high precision, high mobility gives it shoot and scoot capability, the missiles have top attack mode rendering heavily armored vehicles useless and the ability to engage them from a standoff range, day or night. Opinions?

Technical Details > China unveils new NLOS missile at 'Peace Mission' exercises - IHS Jane's 360

NLOS.jpg

China unveils its latest Armor killing Non Line of Sight (NLOS) system based on ZBD-04A, carrying 8 ATF-10 missiles.

The actual range of this new NLOS system is not yet known, however IMO if Pakistan can mount these turrets on M113 or Al-Zarrar chasis, it can prove to be a potent weapon against a potential armored thrust under India's proposed proactive war doctrine. It is able to engage multiple targets with high precision, high mobility gives it shoot and scoot capability, the missiles have top attack mode rendering heavily armored vehicles useless and the ability to engage them from a standoff range, day or night. Opinions?

Technical Details > China unveils new NLOS missile at 'Peace Mission' exercises - IHS Jane's 360

View attachment 216072
I can see it in Pakistan Armor but we also need to equip our Rangers and FC with these kind of machines

What becomes of Nasr

@Horus

Unrelated. Nasr is a ballistic missile and for entirely diffrent purposes. Having an NLOS weapon system like this would reduce the possibility of employing Nasr as we'd be able to defeat the armor thrust hence a need to nuke it may never arise to begin with. A weapon like this would give our anti tank infantry units more geographic depth and fire support, increase their surviveability as well.

I remember a similar system from Ukraine we had shown interest in the past

if i remember correctly, that cold start crap ended quite a while ago,
why worry about it now?

1568321_-_main.jpg

China unveils new NLOS missile at 'Peace Mission' exercises
Richard D Fisher Jr, Washington, DC - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

China has used the latest 'Peace Mission 2014' multilateral exercises to publicly demonstrate a new non-line-of-sight (NLOS) missile, possibly a fibre-optic guided missile, for land forces that it may also be developing for naval applications.

Imagery of this missile and its launcher appeared in Chinese coverage of the 24-29 August 'Peace Mission 2014' exercise involving Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) members. According to reports, these vehicles were part of the 112 Mechanized Infantry Division of the 38th Group Army based near Beijing.

Two of these missiles were seen carried by and launched by a version of the new ZBD-04A armoured personnel carrier (APC), also fitted with a new optical/imaging guidance system. The ZBD-04A may be able to carry up to eight missiles.

There is some confusion regarding the number of Chinese NLOS missile programmes. At the 2012 Zhuhai Airshow, the China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC) revealed details of a straight-wing CM-501G missile that, according to publicity, featured a 43 kg warhead and a 70 km range.

Meanwhile, a 22 August report on the popular Chinese-language Korolev blog provided specifications for what it called the AFT-10, which could be a shorter range version of the CM-501G or a developmental variant.

The AFT-10 has a length of 1,850 mm; width of 165 mm; weight, including launch system, of 150 kg; and a warhead weighing 43 kg. Its solid-rocket booster and micro turbojet engine confer a range of 10 km, a cruise speed of 150 m/s, and an attack speed of 230 m/s.

At the 2012 Zhuhai show China also revealed the Sichuan Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation's WS-33 optical/imaging guided rocket, which is longer than the CM-501G at 3,300 mm and heavier at 200 kg, but has a similar 70 km range. From the missile's brochure it is not clear whether it used fibre-optic guidance and it may use datalinks instead. The WS-33 uses folding delta wings compared with the CM-501G's folding straight wings.

Chinese interest in fibre-optic guided missiles dates back to the early 1990s, when academic engineering publications began to examine Western developments. A 2005 article indicates that a Chinese FOGM missile may have been tested during the 2001-2005 Five Year Plan period, with one article providing an image of what may have been an early prototype.

Details and imagery of a new missile began to appear in late 2011. A Chinese state broadcast on 25 December 2011 featured a story about Chinese Academy of Engineering anti-tank guided-missile (ATGM) expert Wang Zhi and also featured an ATGM historical display area showing for the first time a new missile with large fold-out wings similar in configuration to the Israeli Rafael Spike NLOS. In January 2012 images started appearing of the ZBD-04A APC armed with new NLOS missile destined for the Shenyang Military Region.

China's intention to develop fibre-optic guided missiles for multiple platforms was signalled at the 2005 China International Defence Exhibition (CIDEX), when a Chinese company displayed a fibre-optic cable developed for missile guidance.

Its poster depicted a long-range missile conducting an over-hill land attack, ground attack, and anti-aircraft launches from submarines and ground attack from a helicopter. Another Chinese poster from July 2013 of the new Type 032 ballistic missile test submarine also indicated it may be used to test an anti-aircraft variant.

Cool gadget..Just one question..Why do some of the Pakistanis in this thread think anything that the Chinese come up with is going to find its way straight to the Pakistani inventory ? Is there any such agreement ?

Also, can anybody tell us about the different Chinese military equipments that Pakistan is using ? I already know about the Chinese version of Mig-21 and the JF-17.

Cool gadget..Just one question..Why do some of the Pakistanis in this thread think anything that the Chinese come up with is going to find its way straight to the Pakistani inventory ? Is there any such agreement ?

Also, can anybody tell us about the different Chinese military equipments that Pakistan is using ? I already know about the Chinese version of Mig-21 and the JF-17.

We only buy whats dictated by our operational doctrine. This is however true that Pakistan has high level access to latest Chinese military gear and we can buy whatever we wish to.

I can see it in Pakistan Armor but we also need to equip our Rangers and FC with these kind of machines

LOL

Nice posts, Zarvan I like that, its a little bit Nishan style, but I can fully understand you both, I think the same, and I support you both in that wishlist-case, even when I play PC-strategy games I name my units after Pakistan Army units and try to finde games where Pakistan Army is represented like Command and conquer, may be for you both also a good solution to shop military stuff for the Pakistan Army.....;)

like that:

Pakistan Army image - Peace Mission Mod for C&C Generals: Zero Hour - Mod DB

PakistanTank.jpg
20.jpg

.well

Spike and Namica already in orders .!! and under development

We only buy whats dictated by our operational doctrine. This is however true that Pakistan has high level access to latest Chinese military gear and we can buy whatever we wish to.

1. Any agreement that you know about that gives Pakistanis unabated access to Chinese inventory ? How exactly are you sure about this ?

2. What Chinese equipments the Pakistanis are using presently ? I know about the two fighter jets. Also, I think I spotted some news about Chinese helicopters. But, I think there were only two of them..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom