What's new

ATAK for Pakistan army

Not exactly true. The Turkish ATAK 2 is based on the AW-249, which was recently began flight testing.

T-929 ATAK-II is not based on AW-249

Lets compare T-929 ATAK-II with AW-249

Italian AW-249

MTOW : 7.000-8.000 kg
Engine : 2 x GE CT7-8E6 turboshaft, 1,900 kW (2,500 shp) each

20 mm cannon
SPIKE anti Tank Missile

ELT\577 QUIRIS DIRCM (Direct InfraRed Counter Measures)
ELT\162 radar warning receiver
RAFAEL Toplite targeting System
HELMET Integrated Display System

1664292311724.png

Turkish T-929 ATAK-II

MTOW : 10.000-11.000 kg
Engine : 2 x TV3-117 turboshaft, (2,500.hp) each

MILDAR Millimeter wave fire control Radar
HEHSIS 360 degree Electronic Warfare Counter Measure System
DIRCM Infrared Counter Measure System
Target Detection System
Helicopter Obstacle Detection System
4 axis Autopilot
HELMET Integrated Display System

-- 30 mm Gun with buried munition box
-- CIRIT 70 mm laser guided Rockets
-- MIZRAK Anti Tank Missiles ( up to 16 ATGMs )
-- GOKDOGAN Air to Air Missiles
1664292525505.jpeg

And according to TUSAŞ Engine Industry (TEI) General Manager Mahmut Faruk Aksit

The power produced in the core engine of TF-6000 is 3500-4000 hp, which can power the ATAK-II heavy Attack Helicopter
1664293118335.jpeg

Last edited:
Turkey is trying itself to Ukraine's Military Industrial Complex. While Turkey has made leaps in powertrain Ukraine has historical expertise in the industry and can easily fill in knowledge gaps.
You completely misunderstood our's currently situation. There is no technology or expertise that Turkiye demands from Ukraine. More knowledge and expertise than Ukraine can provide is already available in Turkiye.

So what does Ukraine have but Turkiye does not have? Answer is time!

Ukraine has ready-made engines that work reliably, even if they are built with old technology. We needs about 5-10 years to produce reliable engines. Because the tests of the engines take a long time. We urgently need engines that have already been tested. We cannot wait 5-10 years due to the global political and economic crisis.

That's why we want to produce Ukrainian engines in our country. Ukraine cannot give us technology or expertise, but same Ukraine can give us those 5-10 years, which are very, very valuable.

Last edited:
I suggest the weapons onboard should be inaugurated by firing them directly on Parliament and PM House. What do you say guys?
GHQ the ground zero of all that's rotten in the system would be a much better choice...

None in Parliament and PM house would be there, if it wasn't for the neutral colonial sepoys sitting in GHQ Pindi.

If accurate, then it seems that the PAA sought the Z-10ME for the 'heavy' requirement left by the AH-1Z, while the ATAK will manage the 'light -- i.e., armed recon, high-altitude, etc -- role.
Sounds like this 'indigenized' T129 could evolve into an original project. Definitely a big investment for Turkey. I wonder if the end goal here is to potentially push the T129's production to Pakistan via TAI Pakistan. So, basically, a subsidiary of TAI, but operating out of Pakistan (as a combined offset, ToT, etc, deal in return for a large unit order from the Pakistan Army).

I'd prefer the ATAK 1s be given to FC (maybe we can eventually get Italy's retired AW129 as well under CT assistance as justification).

T629 & ATAK 2 in future for army. T629 being the light & ATAK 2 being heavy.

T625s for transport/utility.

With all this investment we can make a good case for ToT & even assistance in domestic design similar to navy's Jinnah program.

Z10ME should be a stop gap unless the Chinese give us a better deal.

Back
Top Bottom