What's new

ATAGS 155-mm, 52-calibre gun-howitzer fired three shells out to a WORLD RECORD distance of 47.2 KM

You can compare Dhanush's 3 round burst mode. This will have the 6 round burst mode.

This project is going phenomenally, and excellent example of private, public partnership. It's been prototyped and put into trials in record time.

Off of DRDO's design, both of the production agencies have come up with their own distinct variant.

C3EVAcnWgAA5BQf.jpg

csXZdLR.jpg

Bharat Forge Variant

lgjbAP3.png

k8lF4uE.png

TATA's variant

drdo-s-advance-towed-artillery-gun-system-atags-being-displayed-rajpath-during-a-rehearsal_148524390960.jpg

Rehearsal17.jpg

Both together

If this is where India's defence sector is going, it'll be in good hands.

Not to down play the trials coming up, because we all know gruelling it's going to be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Athos, probably the most advanded current towed artillery system right now, also has a 3 round burst in 30 seconds.
Which is better according to you among tata and bharath forge.

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/excalibur/

The Excalibur projectile is a true precision weapon, impacting at a radial miss distance of less than two meters from the target. Unlike “near precision” guidance systems, the Excalibur weapon provides accurate first-round effects at all ranges in all weather conditions. This weapon system also extends the reach of .39-caliber artillery to 40 km and .52-caliber artillery to more than 50 km.

They mentioned about a specific round, that being a base bleed one, in case you missed it in the article!!

Yawn...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandkanon_1
14 shells in 45 seconds...
So now you are comparing a towed gun with an SPG, with the latter being equipped with a large-ish magazine of ready to fire ammo and propellant bags along with automated loading mechanisms!!Are you really that desperate or simply failed to comprehend this simple fact in your rush??I'm really sorry to say this and I apologize to you (and everyone else) beforehand if I sound kinda racist, but this does not really paint a good picture of your 'superior high IQ Nordic brain power' or whatever. :D

Indian army be like "we are issuing tendors for 156mm, 53 caliber guns"
I won't be surprised a bit if they, in fact, issue such an order now.

You should educate your self the range of 47.2 km is for base bleed

With VLAP ammo it will be 60+ Km

From the article you posted :
"The impressive 155mm gun can fire hollow base projectiles at ranges in excess of 30 km or rocket-assisted projectiles (RAPs) at 53 km."

Last edited:
They mentioned about a specific round, that being a base bleed one, in case you missed it in the article!!

Yawn...

So now you are comparing a towed gun with an SPG, with the latter being equipped with a large-ish magazine of ready to fire ammo and propellant bags along with automated loading mechanisms!!Are you really that desperate or simply failed to comprehend this simple fact in your rush??I'm really sorry to say this and I apologize to you (and everyone else) beforehand if I sound kinda racist, but this does not really paint a good picture of your 'superior high IQ Nordic brain power' or whatever. :D

I won't be surprised a bit if they, in fact, issue such an order now.

From the article you posted :
"The impressive 155mm gun can fire hollow base projectiles at ranges in excess of 30 km or rocket-assisted projectiles (RAPs) at 53 km."

So what...
The ATAGS uses more propellant in the chamber.
The RAP uses propellant in the projectile.
The only thing which is interesting is how far the gun can fire a projectile with a certain explosive.

If You want to brag about firespeed, it should actually be exceptional.
Not something that has been done before.

That's exactly the problem.

MOD should force it down their throats and refuse any foreign acquisition till domestic ones are inducted.
No not M777 it's good statergic purchase
Good deal

All 144+500 should come

So what...
The ATAGS uses more propellant in the chamber.he RAP uses propellant in the projectile.
How so??If I'm not mistaken, the BAE B05 gun used in the Archer artillery system also comes with a 25-liter chamber.Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
If You want to brag about firespeed, it should actually be exceptional.
Not something that has been done before.
Well, if we restrict our discussion to the towed systems only, then the reported fire rate is indeed kinda exceptional.

How so??If I'm not mistaken, the BAE B05 gun used in the Archer artillery system also comes with a 25-liter chamber.Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, if we restrict our discussion to the towed systems only, then the reported fire rate is indeed kinda exceptional.
You nailed it man.

The Bofors Haubits 77A could fire seven rounds in 21 seconds.
The Haubits 77B bought by India could fire 4 rounds in 24 seconds.

big claims of world record. but big question is why india buying artilry guns from usa, uk, korea if indian gun is so much good????

maybe indian gun is only hot air propaganda but in real war not so useful. so this why india buying guns from many contris.

if any expart in artilry please explain why?

The Bofors Haubits 77A could fire seven rounds in 21 seconds.
The Haubits 77B bought by India could fire 4 rounds in 24 seconds.
Because,india went for convention al type ammo howitzer.

big claims of world record. but big question is why india buying artilry guns from usa, uk, korea if indian gun is so much good????

maybe indian gun is only hot air propaganda but in real war not so useful. so this why india buying guns from many contris.

if any expart in artilry please explain why?
Expaart openian . These howitzer is for republic day pared.

Expaart openian . These howitzer is for republic day pared.
makes most sens. because most indian made wepon only good for pared. look tejas. look arjunk. all pared only weapons. like elephant with big outside teeth no use for chuing.

Back
Top Bottom