What's new

At least 10 dead in Paris shooting

Well, Muhammad did ordered murder of Poetess criticizing him. So i guess theologically Islam is even on "killing the mocker's" score.

'Asma' bint Marwan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

except later verses countermand and supersedes older verses, and muhammad showed his violent side only after he has established himself in Medina.

Wikipedia is a great source for wannabe professors on Islamic history. Good luck kiddo.

And we should respect each other's opinions and religious values.

Both sides have to understand the issue.

This incident has been condemned by me multiple times over here and on my FB. But the cartoonists and all these folks also need to understand the sentiments on this side.

It's like saying, main nhn manta, kar lo jo karna hai.

its nothing but cheap publicity stunts , which cause the lives of Innocent ...
they want to remove the filth of extremism by making fun of certain peoples, giving them reason to hate west and in return they want Love ... this thinking itself show the Hippocratic nature of the west ....

still what happen in pairs is un-acceptable , but there is always a difference between a sensible person and a lunatic ..

Precisely my point.

Can't apply "Freedom of speech" selectively.

So making cartoons and ridiculing a revered religious personality improves the society?

Enlighten me please.

First, R.I.P to the fallen.

Secondly, I can speak for my country only, but France is similar in this regard:

All religions are equal. Freedom of speech is a guaranteed right, including satire aimed at different religions. Islam doesn't get special status on this one.
The holocaust and Armenian genocide aren't religions, they are crimes against humanity - not that I agree with the French stance on this one, to incriminate.

In other words, you have no more rights (or less) than the next citizen, regardless of religion.

I don't care what they do with their own religion as it is their own matter, not mine to butt into.

They can make a dick on this ISIS guy's face for all I care.

But can't put all this into the same bracket as making cartoons on Prophet PBUH.

And please spare me the definitions of satire. You aren't going anywhere with that logic.
ok, I get that you're offended, and you're fully within your right to be.

but such is life, there will always be things that offend some people's sensibilities and to protest and condemn that which offends them is also ok, murdering people because you're offended is not.

or are you one of those who think the 'lions of ummah' have avenged the prophet by this action of theirs ? o_O

Charlie Hebdot doesn’t singles out any one religion or persons. The magazine has satirized Jews as well as Christian religious personalities and thus did not single out Islam our holy Prophet (PBUH) in their publications.

I am a serious person and do not like satirical magazines such as Charlie Hebron or Private Eye. I am also a Muslim and get offended by the cartoons of the founder of Islam. However, I am strongly against forcing my beliefs on other people with the barrel of a gun.

France is not a majority Muslim country such as Saudi Arabia, Iran or Pakistan. Percentage of Muslim population in France is no more than 7 to 8%. On what justification can such small minority force Muslim values on rest of the 92% non-Muslim Frenchmen?

I therefore strongly deplore this barbaric attack. This incident serves no other purpose but to re-inforce popular Western view of the Muslims as gun totting savages and indirectly helps bigots of the French National Front whose leader Jean-Marie Le Pen has been campaigning to kick all Muslims out of France since 1972.

Ahmed Merabet, a Muslim, French Policeman, the first victim of #CharlieHebdo attack

but he was there doing his duty to protect the French people, including the cartoonists at Charlie Hebdo, to defend the French constitution, to defend French laws which allow satire

makes him a filthy kuffar, right ?

With the same logic - Indians ( Hindus) should execute entire PK team including Amir Khan - but sorry for us we feel everybody have the right to express his thoughts - if it offends - just protest - but not eliminate

There were sandals , tshirts etc with the pictures of Hindu Gods - did any body kill them - we protested - they understood

For me PK is just an ordinary film with a brilliant cast of Amir khan

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom