What's new

Asw Carrier /Helicopter Carrier in PN.

pakistan navy should go for atleast 15 state of the art NH 90 for ASW role

Yes, it will be around $285 million for those 15...i believe can PN can easily afford that....plus its a beast...!!! Moneys worth....

Cheers!!!

I really seem to like indian navies INS Jalashwa former USS Trenton that they got from the US . Its a Austin-class Amphibous transport ship that can carry 6 heli's and close to 1,300 marines other then the crew awsome ship really i would like to see something like this with our navy it can be used for so many dfferent tasks.

^^yes..that is a very potent ship...i would like to see atleast 3 more in IN...
BTW what is this fuss about MISTRAL..?
Any idea why even russians are interested in it..?

^^yes..that is a very potent ship...i would like to see atleast 3 more in IN...
BTW what is this fuss about MISTRAL..?
Any idea why even russians are interested in it..?
Displacement:
16,500 t (empty)
21,300 t (full load)
32,300 t (with ballasts)
Length: 199 m
Beam: 32 m
Draught: 6,3 m
Propulsion: Motorisation : 2 Mermaïd electric motors (2 × 7 MW)
2 5-bladed propellers
Electrical plant: 4 Wärtsilä diesels-alternators 16 V32 (6,2 MW) + 1 Wärtsilä Vasaa auxiliary diesel-alternator 18V200 (3 MW)
Speed: 18.8 knots
Range: 10,800 km at 18 knots 19,800 km at 15 knots
Capacity: 2 barges, one Leclerc battalion, 70 vehicles
Complement: 20 officers, 80 petty officers, 60 Quarter-masters, 450 passengers (900 for a short cruise), 150 men operational headquarter
Armament:
2 Simbad systems
2 30 mm Breda-Mauser
4 12.7 mm M2-HB Browning machine guns
Aircraft carried: 16 heavy or 35 light helicopters

How may Helicopter a Helicopter carrier can carry ?????

how is this better that TRENTON..?

well the TRENTON can carry 1500 marines and 6 sea king heils
MISTRAL can carry
2 barges, one Leclerc(French tank) battalion, 70 vehicles
Aircraft carried: 16 heavy or 35 light helicopters

TRENTON-6 Sea king
MISTRAL- Aircraft carried: 16 heavy or 35 light helicopters
:cheers:

Trenton is one awsome ship ... my friend who works for the US coast guard has been on board when she was in port everglades /FL before she was sold to india

TRENTON-6 Sea king
MISTRAL- Aircraft carried: 16 heavy or 35 light helicopters
:cheers:

While it may carry 6 helicopter, Trenton is very limited in helicopter support: it has a telescopic hangar for just a single Sea King sized helicopter and the rest will have to sit out on the flight deck (which has only 2 spots), exposed to the elements. It carries Just 1 x LCAC or equivalent load e.g. 1 × LCAC, or 1 × LCU, or 4 × LCM-8, or 9 × LCM-6, or 24 × AAV. But Trenton carries 1436 troops (short duration) and 900 (long duration).

Mistral has a 1,800-square-metre (19,000 sq ft) hangar deck can hold all 16 such helicopters, and includes a maintenance area with an overhead crane. The 1,800-square-metre (19,000 sq ft) hangar deck can hold 16 NH-90 helicopters, and includes a maintenance area with an overhead crane. Its flight deck has 6 helicopter spots. It's docking well can handle 2 LCAC or 4 CTM (chaland de transport de matériel) alternatively. It carries 900 troops (short duration) or 450 (long duration)

well bengalis are infront of pakistanis in signig the milegam deal our navy just keep talking i doubt their professionalism we are struggling with the fleet and they are sleeping in AC rooms thats all they do

well bengalis are infront of pakistanis in signig the milegam deal our navy just keep talking i doubt their professionalism we are struggling with the fleet and they are sleeping in AC rooms thats all they do

ever considered using comma, fullstop ..?:hitwall:

Their ships are even older and in need of replacement ...

Its a defence forum not a English as a second language test center.

;)

(.) there is your full stop, I carry mine in my pocket

hahahahhah gabbar bhai thanx for rescue hope indian friend got its message well gabbar bhai what you think of NH 90 atleast 5 in PN do good job

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom