What's new

Assassination Attempt on Imran Khan: One Killed, Multiple Injuried Including Imran Khan - 11/22

The point was the following:- for people like me who had supported PTI since 2010, we wanted to see the corrupt put behind bars. Say what you want, this was and is important to us.

The fact that did not happen dented IK in our eyes. It became pretty clear that the establishment was dragging its feet. When the penultimate moment came for Shahbaz to be indicted which we had been waiting for for 3.5 years, suddenly the asshole became PM.

Governance is important no doubt. For good governance, you need competent and willing bureaucracy. To get competent and good bureaucracy, you need oversight and judicial checks and balances. But if the judiciary can’t even indict a clearly guilty PM, how will it check anyone else?

How can you have good governance? You will either have to buy the bureaucrats or buy whoever has them in their pockets.

Okay yes I agree. Populist power of the type you see engendered through IK could be a solution. The necessary ingredients here are time. It will take time to fix the system. And the population will also have to be patient through that period.
I have repeatedly pointed out that Khan's popularity stem from his anti-corruption drive and narrative. People expected from Khan to deliver on this front.

Khan's coalition composed of some shoddy characters but he was in hubris. His biggest miscalculations were in 2018 and 2019 and Showbaz capitalized on these miscalculations to his advantage and pitched himself as saviour. There are things that are not being openly said in Public but you will find some pointers on the web. As they say: "akalmand kay liye ishara hi kaafi hai."

Showbaz is in good books of two key allies of Pakistan. Both have announced investments in Pakistan. Guess the two.

Judiciary was attempting to work with Khan but his miscalculations in 2019 put it off.

Khan's problem is that he listened to select few. He overrelied on his popularity to call the shots. And he was being too bossy as well.

Khan was able to improve functioning of some departments including PTCL so bureaucracy wasn't as big of a problem as it is made out to be. Khan handed over Punjab to Buzdar the Unpopular and undermined Police in his jazbaat to appease some in his social circle.

Many on PDF are completely sold to populism and are busy bashing Pakistan Army. Few understand the bigger picture. The tragedy of Pakistan.

he is a good man, maybe see the whole video

I also sense the sarcasm in his tone & face.
In one video he was suggesting the idea to remove Army personnel from PM & President's office and guard. He was talking about how to get rid of the 111 brigades from government offices.

I have repeatedly pointed out that Khan's popularity stem from his anti-corruption drive and narrative. People expected from Khan to deliver on this front.

Khan's coalition composed of some shoddy characters but he was in hubris. His biggest miscalculations were in 2018 and 2019 and Showbaz capitalized on these miscalculations to his advantage and pitched himself as saviour. There are things that are not being openly said in Public but you will find some pointers on the web. As they say: "akalmand kay liye ishara hi kaafi hai."

Showbaz is in good books of two key allies of Pakistan. Both have announced investments in Pakistan. Guess the two.

Judiciary was attempting to work with Khan but his miscalculations in 2019 put it off.

Khan's problem is that he listened to select few. He overrelied on his popularity to call the shots. And he was being too bossy as well.

Khan was able to improve functioning of some departments including PTCL so bureaucracy wasn't as big of a problem as it is made out to be. Khan handed over Punjab to Buzdar the Unpopular and undermined Police in his jazbaat to appease some in his social circle.

Many on PDF are completely sold to populism and are busy bashing Pakistan Army. Few understand the bigger picture. The tragedy of Pakistan.

The tragedy of Pakistan and the Armys control of Pakistan in multiple spectrums is hand in glove. Even the staunchest army supporter should be able to see that now.

IK supporters do not blame him for falling through on his anti corruption drive, because NAB was not taking orders from him, nor were SC Judges. Can you guess who in Pakistan is powerful enough to control these institutions?

Last edited:
The tragedy of Pakistan and the Armys control of Pakistan in multiple spectrums is hand in glove. Even the staunchest army supporter should be able to see that now.

IK supporters do not blame him for falling through on his anti corruption drive, because NAB was not taking orders from him, nor were SC Judges. Can you guess who in Pakistan is powerful enough to control these institutions?
If army was better than IK, the country would not have been in this state that it's in right now to begin with.

In this day and age of 5&6 g's If i were to p.r manage any Pakistani dept. I better dare not to offend the student class across the board ,specifically the overseas lads who'd one day be in a position to dictate- -------. Just a matter of two decades .

In this day and age of 5&6 g's If i were to p.r manage any Pakistani dept. I better dare not to offend the student class across the board ,specifically the overseas lads who'd one day be in a position to dictate- -------. Just a matter of two decades .
It won't really be too long before the overseas lads take over anyway.

They're the only people who seem to have the integrity to keep trying to fix the state that its own residents have given up on

Check my posts in following thread:

Some pointers for the wise. A part of the story.

To me, not a single point make sense except buzdar one, which IK clarified after April.
And definitely these things shouldn't have been the basis of all mess in Pak is in, rn/

On contrary, mr bajwa lied continuously on many occasions.

The powder keg will go off with or without Imran, tomorrow if not today. Kuffar ka nizam chal sakta hai, zulm ka nizam nahin.

Military will have to go back to its constitutional role, and be brought under law & constitution. Civilian oversight mechanisms need to be established. ISI should be broken off into independent civilian org. Police, IB, and civil service should be removed from direct control of politicians. Oversight mechanisms should be established for them as well.
Easier said then done, no change to status quo with regards to military supremacy will come about without an armed struggle. As long as they carry all the guns, they hold all the cards and won't give up the perks and control they've accumulated over the past 70 odd years.

They also have international backing and know that they can keeping raising the degree of violent and oppressive tactics with impunity, until they get the democratic voice to tamper down. Just look how the international media and other foreign entities have reacted to this assassination attempt. Becky Anderson was mocking IK to his face telling him "If you are calling this an assassination attempt" as if IK wasn't shot and there was to attempt and it was all IK's figment of imagination.

There is zero criticism of Pak Army these in International circles...because they deem IK to be the biggest threat to the Pax-Americana in the region and not the Napak Army...

Back
Top Bottom