What's new

Assalam O Alikum, from Abbottabad.

Agree with you.The main beauty of abbotabad comes with army presence ,without the army presence the city has a little to offer and becoming a dirty mess.

The city itself may not have much to offer but the surroundings definitely do. The issue remains lack of planning for roads and construction. However, the situation has improved a bit after hazara motorway, previously it was a nightmare travelling on that old single road ........ Hasanabdal to Abbottabad was tiresome. Lets see once the bypass is operational the traffic load in Abbottabad may reduce.

Peshawar.

I am talking about Abbottabad masair.

The city itself may not have much to offer but the surroundings definitely do. The issue remains lack of planning for roads and construction. However, the situation has improved a bit after hazara motorway, previously it was a nightmare travelling on that old single road ........ Hasanabdal to Abbottabad was tiresome. Lets see once the bypass is operational the traffic load in Abbottabad may reduce.

But its definitely NOT the same Abbottabad, it used to be. From 1999 - 2005 I did my SSC & FSC from PIPS & College Abbottabad. I remember, in December it was detention exams at college and due to snow fall, it was hard to write with ball points due to freezing temperatures. Early, here, snow fall did happened every year from December to February, but now it happens after 4 or 5 years.

Visit now and you will observe that eve remote & far flung areas of Abbottabad have been made habitable. Hills are being cut down for construction of Houses, Hotels and other stuff. During June 2017, Loo ( Hot & dry Wind) was blowing and it never happened in the history of Abbottabad.

Even I feel sometimes very different.

Yes the recently constructed motorway is so good.
But its definitely NOT the same Abbottabad, it used to be. From 1999 - 2005 I did my SSC & FSC from PIPS & College Abbottabad. I remember, in December it was detention exams at college and due to snow fall, it was hard to write with ball points due to freezing temperatures. Early, here, snow fall did happened every year from December to February, but now it happens after 4 or 5 years.

Visit now and you will observe that eve remote & far flung areas of Abbottabad have been made habitable. Hills are being cut down for construction of Houses, Hotels and other stuff. During June 2017, Loo ( Hot & dry Wind) was blowing and it never happened in the history of Abbottabad.

Even I feel sometimes very different.

Global warming and population burst is hitting us hard my friend.
I am visiting abbotabad since 1998 and i remember the snowfall pics in the piffers mess and the waiter was telling us the huge snowfall abbotabad get,s every year.The greenery of abbotabad i used to remember is no longer the same.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom