What's new

Ask your question about Iran

Also read Machiavelli's Prince. You've probably read it though. I have The Art of War but can never read past the first page. I read The Prince in like two days though. Really enjoyed it.
?

Back in the days people said that a good ruler should have read at least two books in his life; Machiavelli's Prince and Xenophon's Cyropaedia (about Cyrus the Great). Machiavelli used that book about Cyrus as a reference and Thomas Jefferson always had two personal copies Cyropaedia.

It's interesting to see so many people in Poli Sci.

Be honest, how many of you did crap in high school so you chose Poli Sci b/c you could only go into social sciences? :P

I also did Polic Sci for like a term before changed direction (for the millionth time)

Back in the days people said that a good ruler should have read at least two books in his life; Machiavelli's Prince and Xenophon's Cyropaedia (about Cyrus the Great). Machiavelli used that book about Cyrus as a reference and Thomas Jefferson always had two personal copies of it.

Never heard of Cyropaedia. Will read it, thanks.

Back in the days people said that a good ruler should have read at least two books in his life; Machiavelli's Prince and Xenophon's Cyropaedia (about Cyrus the Great). Machiavelli used that book about Cyrus as a reference and Thomas Jefferson always had two personal copies Cyropaedia.

I cannot find Cyrus' work. :frown:

good on her

That's the only reason my mom refuses to go and live in Iran. We moved out in 2000 and now that me and my brother are both doing our own thing she can go back and live her life again but she says I rather stay here and keep my dignity. She would have the time of her life back home but only goes there for vacations.

Well its still OK for visiting, I tried telling here. But I guess you are not married, so let me tell you wives are khomeinis of the house, when they say NO, it means NO.

I cannot find Cyrus' work. :frown:

How do you mean?

More info:

Cyropaedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In classical antiquity, the Cyropaedia was considered the masterpiece of a very widely respected and studied author.[6] Polybius, Cicero, Tacitus, Dionysius of Halicarnassus, Quintilian, Aulus Gellius and Longinus "ranked him among the best philosophers and historians".[7] Classical authors believed that Xenophon composed it in response to the Republic of Plato, or vice versa, and Plato's Laws seems to allude to the Cyropaedia.[citation needed] Amongst classical leaders, Scipio Africanus is said to have carried a copy with him at all times,[8] and it was also a favorite of Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar.[9]

It's interesting to see so many people in Poli Sci.

Be honest, how many of you did crap in high school so you chose Poli Sci b/c you could only go into social sciences? :P

I also did Polic Sci for like a term before changed direction (for the millionth time)

Never heard of Cyropaedia. Will read it, thanks.

I spent high school chasing tail was never interested but still graduated with an 75 average despite going for literally 2 out of 4 years. My major was actually criminal justice but I liked pol sci better so switched. I got a 3.7 gpa right now so I made up for my previous indiscretion s. I had a 3.8 but got a fcking B in one class this semester.

I know what it is, I meant cannot find it too read.

Back
Top Bottom