What's new

Ask your question about Iran

Whats the obsession with genetics in some parts of the world??? Do these people have nothing else???

In any case, nice thread guys. We were planning to visit Iran for the awesome historical sites as its right next door (I'n in Dubai) and we have visa on arrival, but when my wife found out about the compulsary head covering, she refused to go.

Nice transition. :D

Well I read democracy for beginner before that but didn't consider it worth mentioning. :D I had to take a psycology class this past semester and it was great, all of a sudden I feel like I am an expert so I start evaluating people figured I would check hitler out. Lol

I am on winter break so his book is on my own free time. :P

Well I read democracy for beginner before that but didn't consider it worth mentioning. :D I had to take a psycology class this past semester and it was great, all of a sudden I feel like I am an expert so I start evaluating people figured I would check hitler out. Lol

I am on winter break so his book is on my own free time. :P

I've heard Mein Kampf is quite a tough book to read. I have the Persian version of the book here, but I haven't read it yet. :D

well, their ancestors came from Persia and other parts of Central Asia. Now mostly nestled in Afghan-Pakistan region. Some refer to them as Pakhtuns but in reality their native language is a dialect of Farsi.

the word "qizil" in Turkish means red and "bash" refers to the head....literally -- red-head, though I've met Qizilbashis who are fair but not red-headed. I guess over time genetics evolved.

good people....hard-working

Thats correct.

Kizilbash in Afghanistan live in urban areas, such as Kabul, Herat or Mazari Sharif, as well as in certain villages in Hazarajat. They are descendants of the troops left behind by Nadir Shah during his "Indian campaign" in 1738. Afghanistan's Kizilbash held important posts in government offices in the past, and today engage in trade or are craftsmen. Since the creation of Afghanistan, they constitute an important and politically influential element of society. Estimates of their population vary from 60,000 to 200,000. They are Persian-speaking Shi'ite Muslims and are usually linked to the Fārsīwāns and Tājīks of the country.

Sir Mountstuart Elphinstone described the Kizilbash of Kabul in the beginning of the 19th century as "a colony of Turks," who spoke "Persian, and among themselves Turkish." Described as learned, affluent, and influential, they appear to have abandoned their native Turkish language in favour of Persian, and became "in fact Persianized Turks". Lady Florentia Sale (wife of Sir Robert Henry Sale) and Vincent Eyre - both companions of Sir Mountstuart Elphinstone - described the Kizilbash of Afghanistan also as "Persians, of Persian descent".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qizilbash#Afghanistan

@Surenas in what way? The vocabulary isn't so bad in English I am having no problems but it is long for sure, a lot of ramblings. I just started though. After this I am going to read the art of war. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@Surenas in what way? The vocabulary isn't so bad in English I am having no problems but it is long for sure, a lot of ramblings. I just started though. After this I am going to read the art of war. :D

I've heard he uses a lot of long and woolly phrases.

Whats the obsession with genetics in some parts of the world??? Do these people have nothing else???

In any case, nice thread guys. We were planning to visit Iran for the awesome historical sites as its right next door (I'n in Dubai) and we have visa on arrival, but when my wife found out about the compulsary head covering, she refused to go.
good on her

That's the only reason my mom refuses to go and live in Iran. We moved out in 2000 and now that me and my brother are both doing our own thing she can go back and live her life again but she says I rather stay here and keep my dignity. She would have the time of her life back home but only goes there for vacations.

Also read Machiavelli's Prince. You've probably read it though. I have The Art of War but can never read past the first page. I read The Prince in like two days though. Really enjoyed it.

I've always wanted to read Mein Kampf. Tried to buy it from Chapters but they didn't have it. Appareantly the owner is a Jew and she doesn't allow it to be sold. where did you buy it?

HEATHER Reisman has ordered all copies of Mein Kampf pulled from the shelves of Chapters and Indigo bookstores and deleted from the company's on-line ordering service.

Mein KampfIn an action praised in some quarters and criticized in others, Ms. Reisman, the Toronto-based chairwoman and CEO of Indigo Books and Music Inc., confirmed Wednesday that she banned the controversial title from all 200-plus Indigo and Chapters outlets after she spotted a display of the 694-page book earlier in the week while touring a Chapters outlet.

Ms. Reisman said Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf is inappropriate for sale in her stores.

Thats correct.

It is not.

Qizilbash people of Afghanistan « South Turkistan

The Qizilbash are Turkic-speaking Azerbaijani background, united in their belief in Twelver Shia Islam.

Kizilbash are Azeri Turks tribes mainly from Anatolia and Azerbaijan. The main different of Qizilbash Oghuz tribes with other Turkic people is that they are Shia Turkic people. Therefore the name Qizilbash is usually applied to them only. Some of these tribes in Afghanistan were subdivided in clans included the:

Bayāt
Shahseven
Ansarlu
Shaaghasi
Shāmlu
Afshār

Qizilbash in Afghanistan live in urban areas, such as Kabul, Herat, Logar, Kandahar or Mazar, as well as in certain villages in central Afghanistan. They are descendants of the troops left behind by Nadir Shah Afshar during his “Indian campaign” in 1738. Afghanistan’s Qizilbash held important posts in government offices in the past, and today engage in trade or are craftsmen. Since the creation of Afghanistan, they constitute an important and politically influential element of society. Estimates of their population vary from 60,000 to 200,000.

They are bilingual and they speak Persian and Azerbaijani Turkish languages.

Qizilbash of Kabul are living in Afshar e Silo, Afshar e Darlaman, Chendawol, Qala e fatullah Wazirabad, Qalacha and other places.

Takht e Nadir Shah Afshar wich is located in Wazirabad was basement of Nadir Sha Afshar during his Indian campaign.

I also explained about the etymology of Qizilbash. It is not connected to the hair color.

Also read Machiavelli's Prince. You've probably read it though. I have The Art of War but can never read past the first page. I read The Prince in like two days though. Really enjoyed it.

I've always wanted to read Mein Kampf though. Tried to buy it from Chapters but they didn't have it. Appareantly the owner is a Jew and she doesn't allow it to be sold. where did you buy it?

Bought it online from Amazon. Yes I have read that but in high school worth another read for sure. Same for art of war on line at Amazon. I have a kindle for college so I download all my reads.

Back
Top Bottom