What's new

Ask a question about Pakistan.

Achha tell me something how long will it take to travel from Lahore to Skardu ?

If you take M-2 Motorway its 985 km, 13 hours 8 mins
If you take N-5 extension its about 917 km, 14 hours 12 mins

Alternatively you can simply fly from Allama Iqbal International in Lahore to Skardu Domestic air port.

@Aeronaut , @Elmo

Since IK didn't win, will Pakistanis consider uniting with India?

yes but in our conditions.

1. What would Pakistanis prefer? Democracy or Military Dictatorship?

2. When the military takes over a legal elected government, do you guys feel betrayed by the military?

1) military
2)Hell No, rather we feel secured.

when will Pakistan leaves the issue of KASHMIR.......??????

When India will leave Kashmir.

Are there any opportunities for Indian students in Pakistan? Like many Pakistani students come to the NITs(National Institute of Technology) for higher education.

In simple words yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you take M-2 Motorway its 985 km, 13 hours 8 mins
If you take N-5 extension its about 917 km, 14 hours 12 mins

Alternatively you can simply fly from Allama Iqbal International in Lahore to Skardu Domestic air port.

Ok then it's quite far... I asked one of my friend... though he never visited GB, guessed 5-6 hours, but I had doubt... hence asked.... one more question.... K2 first base camp is near to Skardu right ?

To be honest a few points need to be made :
1. The Pak Army soldiers are brave, motivated and well trained, but the highest leadership lacks foresight.
2. A general plan and realistic assessment lacked in the officer's plans.
3. Individual acts of bravery are well recorded. The Hilli battle and the Captain who was recently honored even by the Indian Army(I forgot his name, ferocious soldier)
4. But having excellent soldiers helps only if you have better commanders. No wonder Musharraf is being tried for treason!
5. The Indian Army is fortunate to have good soldiers along with good officers.
6. The worst factor - Indian Army has never participated in politics. Pakistan Army has done it repeatedly. The problem about engaging in politics is this - picture the fight between CBI and IB in India. It hurts the professionalism.

Happens often in the National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar. In 2007-2011 batch there were two from Pakistan, both from Punjab. :)

1)yes thats true.
2)thats true as well.
3)Captain Col. Sher Khan in defense of tiger hill in 99.
4)Yes thats true as well.
5)Not Good Soldier or officers but yes command is good as compared to pak's but still they r good viz a viz pak but not best if we compared them worldwide.

There was a General from some foreign country (some indian members claim it was gen. niazi who surrendered indian in 71)
He said if i have soldiers of such zeal as of Pak army men n commanders of Indian establishment then i can conquer the world.
There is another saying by an American General i think it was Abrams or Patton after Afghan war that if i get only 10 commandos of Pakistan army n western technology then no one can stop me.

6)We feel it as best thing happened to pakistan in our history.
Pak army is most organized, well managed institution with in Pak and when ever hey came into power our national spirit and economy boomed.
Recent example is in the times of pres. Musharaf when we were growing at a rate of 8% in 2007 tourism was in the rise and just after that when civilian gov came n u know the rest.

So the track record speaks for itself.

My question is What are the best airlines to fly from pakistan to different countries?
A friend of mines told me Qatar airlines's economy class is similar to PIA's high class and it's cheaper. Also flying from karachi saves you more money. What do you guys suggest??

My question is What are the best airlines to fly from pakistan to different countries?
A friend of mines told me Qatar airlines's economy class is similar to PIA's high class and it's cheaper. Also flying from karachi saves you more money. What do you guys suggest??

I flew PIA back when both the PIA & Myself were young....these days it might not be so good ! :undecided:

But Thai Airlines & Cathay Pacific were good. In Thai, the air hostesses, were very polite & pretty too....I could swear I feel in love with at least 6 of them ! :ashamed:

Ok then it's quite far... I asked one of my friend... though he never visited GB, guessed 5-6 hours, but I had doubt... hence asked.... one more question.... K2 first base camp is near to Skardu right ?
As an indian i dont think u will be allowed in Pak Administrated Kashmir.

If u can afford luxury then emirates is best.

As an indian i dont think u will be allowed in Pak Administrated Kashmir.

If u can afford luxury then emirates is best.

Yeahh.... That even I think..... But I do have a fascination on K2 expedition!!

Yeahh.... That even I think..... But I do have a fascination on K2 expedition!!
Pakistan embassy can tell u exact on this.

K2 is very different thing dude. Only the best out of best climber r allowed to climb it n its base camp altitude sickness is also a very important factor.

We r talking about the second highest peak n her base camp here.

Rumor is that the climber who climb Everest first r allowed to climb k2 as it is regarded more dangerous climb then it and K2 n her sister peaks have claimed more lives then any in the world n we r talking about professional mountaineers here.

This video is taken from the BBC's documentary series 'Planet Earth'.

I flew PIA back when both the PIA & Myself were young....these days it might not be so good ! :undecided:

But Thai Airlines & Cathay Pacific were good. In Thai, the air hostesses, were very polite & pretty too....I could swear I feel in love with at least 6 of them ! :ashamed:
My question would be,
Is there any girl in the world you dont fall in love with Romeo?
What is it,you want a girl in evry country.:no::smokin::no::smokin:

Pakistan embassy can tell u exact on this.

K2 is very different thing dude. Only the best out of best climber r allowed to climb it n its base camp altitude sickness is also a very important factor.

We r talking about the second highest peak n her base camp here.

Rumor is that the climber who climb Everest first r allowed to climb k2 as it is regarded more dangerous climb then it and K2 n her sister peaks have claimed more lives then any in the world n we r talking about professional mountaineers here.

This video is taken from the BBC's documentary series 'Planet Earth'.

Yeah I know man. It's the toughest climb of the planet, much more tough than Everest and Kanchenjuga. It's definitely a dream for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom