What's new

Asia Cup 2022 thread

Kya chodu team hai yaar. Good thing I had stopped watching cricket. Don't know what got inside me and I decided to renew my Hotstar subscription only for this idiotic tournament. I am more pissed off about my Rs 599 going down the drain than the loss.

IPL ke lions are not able to overcome lesser experienced teams in just an Asia Cup, where there are no England, Australia, NZ or South Africa. I don't follow IPL at all, so when the commentators are falling over each other praising every Indian batsman that takes the crease like a damaad, I tend to believe that I am watching saakshat bhagwan of batting and something explosive is about to happen. They are playing like college studs who have cheerleading girlfriends to impress in the stands. No application of mind, just bravado.

First early exit in WC and now nearly out in AC. I wish there was a penalty for "naam bade aur darshan chhotay". But the players are what they are. Why blame them. It is the idiotic fans and so called analysts who need spanking. I need my 599 back. Please contribute.

Last edited:
Teams with this kind of passion rarely lose..

Tonight u expect Afghanistan to fight harder than India for India. Then Afghanistan will lose easily to India and India will hope to ho through

They got Umar Gul. They’ll be looking to make bonus money from the bhartis for a win.. :lol:

They got Umar Gul. They’ll be looking to make bonus money from the bhartis for a win.. :lol:
I hope Afghanistan pummel both India and Pakistan and go on to win the tournament. They deserve it more than anyone else.

Indian team didn't seemed to be playing for win.. And I must admit, pakistan and Srilanka played better cricket than India.

There is no butthurt and deep cut due to loss as some guyz have posted here. we have certain positives and negatives. One thing to be mentioned, team winning toss surely gets advantage while chasing the target but not taking anything away from both opponents. Rizwan and Nawaz and in game against srikanka, their openers played well..

Atleast we admit when opposition outplayed us. The credit must be given where it is due.

Well played pakistan and Srilanka.. Hope to see a cracker of game in final between them.. Not expecting Afghanistan to do any miracles, although they played well in group stages..

I hope Afghanistan pummel both India and Pakistan and go on to win the tournament. They deserve it more than anyone else.
Pretty sure whole india will now be praying daily for Pak to lose both remaining games. Prepare huge amount USD fir afghan tean to lose to you mightily

Pretty sure whole india will now be praying daily for Pak to lose both remaining games. Prepare huge amount USD fir afghan tean to lose to you mightily
You guyz seriously think this???

After loosing both super 4 games, india dont have right to play in final, although it is possible technically..

I am praying for Afghanistan to win the tournament, simply because I want some new good team to emerge. Otherwise cricket has become a lalloo sport where a small set of teams is doing circle jerk all the time.

2 cents

1. Why in would you bowl Bhuvi the last 3-4 overs.

2. The strategy to set a packed offside field, the batsmen will be an idiot to not know that a full pitched ball on the offside is coming. Atleast make the batsmen guess what's coming next.

3. The line to bowl in this pitch was back of a length for quicks, and length balls for spinners. Chahal did well, but Ashwin missed it most of the times.

4. Arshdeep bowled well in the death. He has good yorkers and can bowl slight in-swingers. He's been bowling well in previous matches as well.

5. Bishnoi is a good bowler. Pandiya bowled some good bowls but could not keep it consistent. Back of a length was the length to ball.

6. Indian lower order batsmen missed it. Old saying, get your eye in and then start playing. There is no harm playing out 1s and 2s first 5-6 balls and then going for it.

7. Manjrekar and the fellow Indian commentators go on mental orgasm when Indian batsmen take the opposition to the cleaners. I mean please. Just too biased.

2 cents

1. Why in would you bowl Bhuvi the last 3-4 overs.

2. The strategy to set a packed offside field, the batsmen will be an idiot to not know that a full pitched ball on the offside is coming. Atleast make the batsmen guess what's coming next.

3. The line to bowl in this pitch was back of a length for quicks, and length balls for spinners. Chahal did well, but Ashwin missed it most of the times.

4. Arshdeep bowled well in the death. He has good yorkers and can bowl slight in-swingers. He's been bowling well in previous matches as well.

5. Bishnoi is a good bowler. Pandiya bowled some good bowls but could not keep it consistent. Back of a length was the length to ball.

6. Indian lower order batsmen missed it. Old saying, get your eye in and then start playing. There is no harm playing out 1s and 2s first 5-6 balls and then going for it.

7. Manjrekar and the fellow Indian commentators go on mental orgasm when Indian batsmen take the opposition to the cleaners. I mean please. Just too biased.

I don't see any application of mind by the team management. The team selection itself is puzzling. Why is Deepak Hooda in the playing 11? Why is Dinesh Karthik not playing? KL Rahul and Bhuvi seem to be keeping their place simply on past glory. Sarkari job type. Neither of them is a match winner by any yardstick. While I like the attacking approach in batting, there needs to be some method to the madness. Simply trying to hit a six every over is costing us wickets. So many batsmen have been out attempting the big shot.

Just now - Afghanistan VS Pakistan at Sharjah Cricket Stadium.

5.30pm Pakistan has won the toss and will bowl first!

Back
Top Bottom