What's new

Aselsan showcases advanced land radar

Pax Ottomana

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
One of the newest marvels of Turkey’s rapidly growing defence industry as demonstrated at the IDEF 2011 in Istanbul was Aselsan’s ACAR Land Surveillance Radar.

acar-radar-aselsan.jpg

Built on the foundations of battle-proven and widely used (deployed over various terrain profiles in several countries) land radar system ARS-2000, ACAR features the accumulation of the most cutting-edge radar technologies and the latest detection and tracking algorithms of the past decade.

ACAR is capable of operating continuously day or night, and under adverse weather conditions, against both land and sea surface targets, as well as low flying aircraft. Automatic identification and classification of targets come standard as was the case with ARS-2000, except the effective detection range has been increased to 40 kilometers (25 miles). Kudos to its high resolution scan capabilities and a larger sensor, ACAR can identify and track a walking human being from a whopping 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) away.

Another advancement over the ARS-2000 is its new true LPI (low probability of intercept) feature, making it extremely difficult for detection by enemy ELINT/SIGINT and ECM units.

Flexible architecture allows the radar to be deployed by infantry ’as is’ over a standard tripod, on an elevated surveillance pole or any type of land or naval vehicle, such as Otokar’s popular Cobra IFV.

Aselsan hopes ACAR will be as highly sought after as the ARS-2000, again going beyond supplying the Turkish Armed Forces and exporting it to the far reaches of the world.

Aselsan showcases advanced land radar | TR Defence

hm... any countermeasures if say the terrorists get their hands on this toy. I'd hate to think they'd be able to use something like this.

hm... any countermeasures if say the terrorists get their hands on this toy. I'd hate to think they'd be able to use something like this.

Saithan, I'm pretty sure Aselsan knows the operating frequencies and scanning algorithms of its own radar. It wouldn't take TSK too long to spot it and then rain down bombs over it.

If PKK were to run this thing against TSK, it'd be like holding a sign saying "We're here. Come bomb us please!".

Saithan, I'm pretty sure Aselsan knows the operating frequencies and scanning algorithms of its own radar. It wouldn't take TSK too long to spot it and then rain down bombs over it.

If PKK were to run this thing against TSK, it'd be like holding a sign saying "We're here. Come bomb us please!".

I understand that of course, but can you imagine the consequences if this radar is used against ordinary patrol units. This radar is perfect for ambushes, against government officials, gendarma jeeps and such because you can see them come 40 km away. Unless the radar has a built in GPS identifier that can be used to locate it. Of course this probably isn't a good thing during wartime...

Other new radars introduced...

Mobile Search Radar for Air defence missile programs...

aselsanmobilarama01.jpg
aselsanmobilarama02.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Fire Control Radar for Land and Naval platforms...

aselsanatiskontrol01.jpg
aselsanatiskontrol02.jpg

ASelsan SAR radar... Improved version of Aselsan-SDT SAR technologies would be used on Gokturk-3 SAR satellite project...

aselsansar02.jpg

Cabatli do you have any info on the range the land radar is useful against aircraft flying low. I mean at what Height will it catch the aircraft. And will the UAV be out of its range.

The SAR looks very nice, how much does it weight, and do you know the time period for when Turkey could get their own satellite Launcher, I read something about a 5 kilo-ton launcher.

Back
Top Bottom