What's new

Aselsan MGEO - QWIP IR Detector Production Line

qwip.jpg

Aselsan/ODTU is among 2011 QWIP player and worldwide QWIP community in Thales studies.

In 2013 Thales studies, Aselsan must be issued as wellknown QWIP FPA supplier as well. :azn:

:closed:

What is this shit...

can someone shortly explain

What is this shit...

can someone shortly explain
Dual-band Megapixel QWIP FPAs
Overview
A dual-band FPA camera would provide the absolute temperature of a target with unknown emissivity, which is extremely important to the process of identifying a temperature difference between missile targets, warheads, and decoys. Dual-band infrared FPAs can also play important roles in Earth and planetary remote sensing, astronomy, and other applications. Furthermore, monolithically integrated pixel-co-located, simultaneously readable, dual-band FPAs eliminate the beam splitters, filters, moving filter wheels, and rigorous optical alignment requirements imposed on dual-band systems based on two separate single-band FPAs or a broad-band FPA system with filters. Dual-band FPAs also reduce the mass, volume, and power requirements of dual-band systems. Due to the inherent properties such as narrow-band response, wavelength tailorability, and stability (i.e., low 1/f noise) associated with the GaAs-based QWIP, it is an ideal candidate for large-format dual-band infrared FPAs.

BTW i think we will sell these detectors like mad... 8-)

We will, ODTU and Aselsan are working on making these sensors as cheap as possible with no degradation in quality!

QWIP makers better watch out, Turks in town :P

On a sidenote; I know Turkey is new to the field (even though 15 years have been spent getting here), but Aselsan should start working on Megapixel sensors.

Litening 4 Targeting Pod has a 1024x1024 MWIR sensor
Aselpod Targeting Pod has a 640x512 MWIR sensor

Now, lets take into account Litening pods have been out there for years, we just started!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom